Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Benches

Jerome Poiret

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same room with a little white paint to help with the lighting.... Of course, now that it is "finished" I am moving and will have to start over again. How much will you charge me to store the 1050s until I get my new shop built in Corpus Christi???? :P

nice bench, but it's lacking something :) get some stuff on there and take another pic. :)

The bench is finished and at Thomas' direction it is loaded up and cranking out rounds.

post-8197-1149733640_thumb.jpg

I also included a picture of the kids. :lol:

post-8197-1149733850_thumb.jpg

I would be happy to share a the copy of the plans with anyone who wants them. Just email for the PDF file.

post-8187-1149913538_thumb.jpg

Got the 550 from Brian last week. Bench is a 2X4 Basics kit mentioned previously in this forum. I don't even have the press bolted down yet, but am looking forward to pulling the handle this weekend. Currently set up for .45LC. :D

• 2 weeks later...

My new XL650, with all the fruit, on my newly cleaned and organized loading bench:

post-4617-1151259960_thumb.jpg

The bench is an old piece of kitchen counter, lag-bolted into the concrete floor and wall. It's very solid, and provides ample storage space underneath for powder (10-odd pounds), primers (~8k), and bullets (~4k of .40 and more on the way...)

Yes, I know the powder slide failsafe rod is in backwards. It's fixed now. :D

- Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Ok,

here's my reloadbench.

Not the most impressive or prettiest, certainly not the cleanest - there are some awsome set-ups in this galery -but i'm quite happy with it.

Got all my stuff within reach due to the modular set up of trays and bins,

lot's of workspace,

a pc for logging my reloads and checking up on facts on the internet,

all in my quiet workshed in the back of the garden B)

post-6022-1152979711.jpg

post-6022-1152979731.jpg

post-6022-1152979747.jpg

post-6022-1152979768.jpg

(don't bother with the data on the pictures :angry: camara resets it each time i switch batteries)

Edited by Berzerker

• 3 weeks later...

post-1959-1154562552.jpg OK here is the out side of the reloading room!

post-1959-1154562570.jpg Here is a door way picture of the room , 650 still with no hopper attached.. but it is still faster than the Rock Chucker ..

post-1959-1154562600.jpg and here is part (-1gunsmith frame) of the Para Collection that the reloading room feeds..

there is still a lot of more work to do to the room, like add a bench to the wall that you can not see and some better lighting.. and a hopper for that 650..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread: 89,511 viewings and 516 posts... and counting.

I wonder if we should start a thread for those of us who work on computers...... I'm sure we could show you some really chaotic-looking benches. :lol::lol: Including mine. No, I take that back. I'm the tidiest geek in the shop--and my bench is about as compact (compared to the other guys) as my reloading closet thing. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've redone my gun room. I'm almost done but still have some things to take care of. I have to finish putting down the vinyl flooring and I'm thinking of putting in a drop ceiling or something similiar. I'm not sure yet though.

Anyways I went from this:

reloading002.jpg

To this:

photobucket001.jpg

I added the pegboard and a bunch of acro type bins. I have a ton more but currently don't have a use for them. I have my bullet components under my table for the most part and primers and powders above on the shelf. I painted most of the area and put down vinyl flooring. I added a flourescent light above my press and want to do the same under my shelf but I don't think it's a good idea because of heat. I have at least 25lbs of powder and 11,000 primers so it makes me a bit nervous. LOL

photobucket002.jpg

photobucket003.jpg

photobucket005.jpg

I also just purchased a new firesafe which fits perfectly. I still have to finish loading it up though.

photobucket006.jpg

photobucket004.jpg

What do you think?

Pete

Space for the reloading setup is at a premium. Wife didn't want it in the house so to the outside storage building I was banished. It's a 10'x30' building and I took 4' of it. The rest is taken up with rakes, shovels, and other implements of destruction required by home ownership. Stuck a cheap air conditioner in the window and it's fairly comfortable in all seasons. It's a good example of what you can do in a compact space.

Photo 01 is of the top of the bench. My last reloading session was 12ga and the Mec is still mounted. The Dillon is off to the right. The cut off 2l Coke bottle is my powder funnel. Basic design of the bench is from NRMA (National Reloading Manufacturer Assn.) plans. Puppy is heavy and sturdy. It doesn’t move.

post-3027-1158535222.jpg

Photo 02 is the shelving below the bench and the floor where bullets and completed ammunition is stored.

post-3027-1158535282.jpg

Photo 03 is shelving made from 2x2 and 1/4" plywood held together with building structural connectors (www.strongtie.com). Brass, hulls, case prep equipment, gun cleaning goodies, spare parts, etc., etc., all live here. The scuba tank on the floor is my 'air compressor'. Took a steel 72 scuba tank, hooked up a POS first stage regulator, ran a BC hose from the LP port, adapted a couple fittings to a Sears hose and voila. Compressed air for cleaning, airing tires, etc. A couple tanks last me a year. At $5 a fill it's cost effective.

post-3027-1158535316.jpg

Photo 04 is an overview. It looks tighter than it is. As long as everything is in its place and the bench is kept clear of clutter it works. The wood ring behind the scuba tank is for shotgun patterning.

post-3027-1158535345.jpg

That's OK, Hank... I'm working on a bench that's 30" x 31" square, 38" high with storage underneath but no shelving. A couple of things hung on the wall and stuff stacked on the benchtop, and STILL I can reload easily and comfortably and still store my reloading supplies. The brass collection, however--I'll admit--is in a box in another room (under all the computer parts).

Hank, good use of space! Congrats! ;)

After attempting to use an old metal desk, I broke down and purchased a workbench from Lowes. Kobalt is the name brand, and I've used 8 drywall anchors to bolt this bad boy to two walls. Now all I need to do is figure out how to set up the crimp die and I'm in business!

lostbet1.jpg

I emailed this pic to a good friend of mine, Robert Brandt, to whom I lost a bet. After many pitchers of barley soda in the Hooters of LaCrosse, Wisconsin 2 days before Area 5, I made the wager that my overall hit factor (I shoot Production) would be higher than his (L-10). The loser of this bet would have to 1)Make up a shirt stating the loss, and identifying that person as the other's "servant"...and 2)Be the winners man-servant at the Ohio State match, loading mags and humping range gear from stage to stage.

If you want to see the backside of this shirt, you'll just have to come to the Ohio match next month :D