Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Benches

Jerome Poiret

Hey folks,

I'm new to the forum but I've been looking at it alot! I love this thread! I just ordered my 550 from Brian. He told me they were on backorder till Jan 17. I hate waiting! I wanted to let you know to keep an eye out for my pictures. I'm going to post my before and after pictures of my basement reloading room. Like I said I have been reading this forum for a while and I want to thank you folks for some great ideas. Now I just need to come up with the money to do what I have in my head! Keep the pictures coming! I may need to update as I go along. :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my new bench and presses. The bench was a kit from 2 x 4 Basics. It was just over $50.00 from Amazon.com and is made using your own 2x4's and plywood. VERY easy to make and I highly recommend it.

Here is the bench and presses with all their "condoms" :huh: on:

P7022421.jpg

And here they are "bareback" ;) :

P7022423.jpg

The calibers are (left to right): .38 Supercomp/TJ, 9x21 (now .40) & 9x19.

Ok, here's an update:

First and foremost: For those of you who felt that my space was a bit too "clean", I have dirtied it up a bit. ;)

And my latest addition is a KISS feeder on the 650. Wow! This thing is amazing! After setting it up tonight I was able to load 100 rounds in less than five minutes!

2007Reloading1.jpg

2007Reloading2.jpg

2007Reloading3.jpg

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo

post-8264-1169169428.jpgMy woodshop/reloading room. Bench is made from solid core doors topped with 3/4" oak flooring, very solid and easy to clean. Cabinets hold all the powder, brass and other components and equipment. Edited by tms

post-10391-1169417639.jpgpost-10391-1169418044.jpg[attac

ment=7378:attachment]post-10391-1169417704.jpgpost-10391-1169417723.jpg

Here is my setup... My wife retired her kitchen island and gave it to me. It has now been converted into a reloading bench. I wanted the whole room for reloading but I had to settle on the closet instead (located in our rabbit's room... I know, its ridiculous). I have the bench bolted to the wall for added stability... solid as a rock! I think it turned out pretty good :D I spend a lot of time tucked away in that place!

Okie

post-10391-1169417685.jpg

post-8264-1169169428.jpgMy woodshop/reloading room. Bench is made from solid core doors topped with 3/4" oak flooring, very solid and easy to clean. Cabinets hold all the powder, brass and other components and equipment.

SOO, where does sawdust show up on the burn rate chart??

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent eternal thread!

I am putting together a new loading area in our basement, with cabinets, etc. The countertop is the hangup right now.

I am wondering what countertops/materials can handle my 650, with strong mount?

It seems that standard kitchen/bathroom stuff might be too weak, so maybe I could reinforce it underneath? It is going to be a nice, finished work area devoted to guns and loading, so I'd like the counter to be continuous (it will be an L shaped corner setup with about 7 feet on each side).

I currently have the 650 mounted on a steel tool bench with a heavy particle board top and it hasn't wiggled a bit.

Ideas? Experiences?

Well, my work area has two stories: Wives, never tell your husband you don't care what they do with the kitchen table. Two; I claimed the basement when we bought the house. My wife can do anything she wants with the rest of the house, but the basement is MINE B) It's my serenity - gym, movies, sat TV, reloading, fly tying, gunsmithing, bow and arrow work area, etc. I have a Mec 9000, and brass trimmer I currently don't have mounted onto the table. Been focusing on stocking up on the handgun ammo for the year.

post-7549-1170566679.jpg

post-7549-1170566715.jpg

post-7549-1170566739.jpg

Yep, I'm one of the odd-balls, no blue press...

Edited by SA Friday

I've got my very first workbench in progress, a 2'x4' work top with pegboard back straight out of a Lowe's kit. I absolutely can't wait to finish... too bad I'm on call tomorrow and I have to sleep.

There once was a day, perhaps when I was single, when I just wouldn't have slept until I was through. I'm giddy with excitement.

Step 1) bench.

Step 2) 650XL to go on said bench. :wub:

Step 3) ?

Step 4) Profit!

Edited by Erucolindon

My wife can do anything she wants with the rest of the house, but the basement is MINE It's my serenity - gym, movies, sat TV, reloading, fly tying, gunsmithing, bow and arrow work area, etc

Yes, in my house with 3 sons it is our kingdom as well.

okay i finally got my press in today....it is really worth the $131.00 dillon charged me its like brand spanking new....sorry blue for ever doubting you :D

IMG_0887.jpg

its kinda hard finding a place for it in a New York City Apartment

Edited by ogiebb