Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Benches

Jerome Poiret

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This bench started with 2x4 legs but it was way too shaky so I upgraded the legs to 4x4s. I also put a new heavier top on it. I didn't like the way the Dillon hung off the side and flexed the table top. Sooo, I decided to bring the reloader in a little by cutting out some notches for the handle and for the ram (see below). By doing this I could straddle the front bracing with the Dillon. I also placed the front-to-back bracing so that the Dillon would straddle it as well. Straddling the braces providing better support and prevented the table top from flexing. Although it's a small table, it's rock solid. I only need some overhead cabinets now. :D

Darren

Img_2385.jpg

Img_2381.jpg

Img_2382.jpg

Img_2384.jpg

IMG_3489a.jpg

Heres my reloading area its in the garage. We had some drawers made a long time ago and when i picked up this sport and reloading i cleared one of them out for my reloader so this is where i reload for super 40 and 45acp

post-8305-1172790695.jpg

post-8305-1172790705.jpg

Heres the bench and storage cabinet. I am lucky enough to have an extra room that we call the "gun room". Before long Im building a new and improved bench that I can reload on one end and work on guns at the other.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/shooter44n45/S004-1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/shooter44n45/S007.jpg

Edited by TCK

• 2 weeks later...

I got a sunburn reloading today... :D I live in a small apartment, and the only place a reloading bench would sorta fit was by the patio window. My stepdad built it as my christmas present (with dimensions supplied by me). The press is a 550, and the tabletop has a border on the left and right side of the press to act as trays for bullets and brass, it works great!

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

and yes, that is a target on the sliding glass door...

How do you get any reloading done? I guess I get distracted to easily but I would admiring the veiw all the time and wondering why I didn't have any ammo for matches! :P:P

I got a sunburn reloading today... :D I live in a small apartment, and the only place a reloading bench would sorta fit was by the patio window. My stepdad built it as my christmas present (with dimensions supplied by me). The press is a 550, and the tabletop has a border on the left and right side of the press to act as trays for bullets and brass, it works great!

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

and yes, that is a target on the sliding glass door...

Don't have a pic of ours but it is an L shaped bench with a comp at the corner and a press with unused tumbler on the left. The rest is covered with trash save for the spot the cat lays on while we are downstairs. (We is stepdad and myself.)

Edited by Kyle J

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first picture posting experience on here, so I hope it works out. This is the room I dreamed of, while reloading in my trailer house for all of them years. When I finally built my house, I built this right into the basement. The room is 14'x14' and is 8" reinforced concrete, with a steel ceiling, and a custom made door. The room doubles as a walk in gun safe. The first picture is of the Door,before you walk in. The second is of the bench itself, and finally the last is my powder and finished ammo shelf. Tell me what you think.

post-10856-1175716593.jpg

post-10856-1175716648.jpg

post-10856-1175716689.jpg