Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 LIMITED NATIONALS - match underway

dirtypool40

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the awards ceremony TGO complemented Travis T. on his match. Travis had 6 stage wins and Robbie said that Travis' shooting on Tues. was the single greatest shooting performance he has see at this level. Travis missed the title by less than 9 match points. I believe that Travis made up a deficit of 80+ points on the day Robbie talked about. Robbie said he wasn't even paying attention to Travis since he was so many points back but that by the end of Tuesday he was well aware of Travis.

heard a rumor has it the entire SS got a reshoot on stage 9, one of those briefcase stages.

Any info on this?

This rumor is untrue. John Amidon and Jay Warden (RO for stage 9) decided that there was a misinterpretation of the stage briefing which led to the option of a reshoot.

Congrats on your Master Class National Championship. Nice work. :cheers: After shooting with you at Area 8 it was pretty obvious you had it in you.

One more note...our very own Chris Keen had his picture printed in the Tulsa World newspaper this morning in the sports sections talking about the match today. I have tried to find online photos but have been unsuccessful.

I gave Chris the last copy of the paper the hotel had so everyone will need to bother him until he scans it and posts it.

One more note...our very own Chris Keen had his picture printed in the Tulsa World newspaper this morning in the sports sections talking about the match today. I have tried to find online photos but have been unsuccessful.

I gave Chris the last copy of the paper the hotel had so everyone will need to bother him until he scans it and posts it.

here is the link

Tulsa World photo/article

070912_B5_spanc73175_b3pistol11.jpg

another article in the Tulsa World

Article by Sam Powell

Edited by eerw

heard a rumor has it the entire SS got a reshoot on stage 9, one of those briefcase stages.

Any info on this?

This rumor is untrue. John Amidon and Jay Warden (RO for stage 9) decided that there was a misinterpretation of the stage briefing which led to the option of a reshoot.

Lee, congratulations on winning M class! Great match!

Ben

Any info on this?

Lee congrats on your Master Class win.

However, having the OPTION to reshoot if you want to is EVEN BETTER! Didn't realize that was even in the rule book. I had a good run, so I'll keep the score, I had a Shi##% run so I'll reshoot?

Got back home a few hours ago from my first ever USPSA Nationals - all I can say is WOW. The USSA facility is awesome (why would you have a major match anywhere else??), and the range and match staff/officials worked their butts off to make everything run very smoothly. This is in spite of a few stage controversies, a complete downpour one morning during shooting, more than a few issues with hotels and me having a bit of grip tape in the wrong place. :blush: Hats off to all those who made this happen - I had an absolute blast, and can't wait to do it again next year!

I agree.

The match was great. The only BS was normal luggage carry fashion, IPSC is freestyle and this is not.

How funny was it at the awards that they gave a nice gun case to a departing board member stipulating that he carry it in "normal luggage carry" fashion?!?!? :lol:

All Right --- Time for a timeout!

If anyone wants to discuss the Limited Nationals --- as opposed to the merits/demerits of shooting through, please PM a moderator. Thank you.

After a little cleaning...this thread has been re-opened. Any discussion of shooting though needs to be directed to the "Shooting Through" thread in USPSA Rules.

-Micah B

If anyone wants to discuss the Limited Nationals --- as opposed to the merits/demerits of shooting through, please PM a moderator. Thank you.

Good call, Nik. I apologize for having been one of the participants in the drift that caused you to close it.

I've split the "Shoot Through" posts into a separate thread (here) and closed it pending discussion by the mods.

Let's all keep this thread focused on the great accomplishments and outstanding sportsmanship that came out of the Limited Nationals.

...Mark

Good call, Nik. I apologize for having been one of the participants in the drift that caused you to close it.

I've split the "Shoot Through" posts into a separate thread (here) and closed it pending discussion by the mods.

Let's all keep this thread focused on the great accomplishments and outstanding sportsmanship that came out of the Limited Nationals.

...Mark

Agreed. As I PMed you guys the board has my apology for my part as well. I did not want to be part of a thread close from off topic statements. Thanks for reopening it. ;)

Congrats to Lee and Keen! That's a great picture of Krispy. :)

Got back home a few hours ago from my first ever USPSA Nationals - all I can say is WOW. The USSA facility is awesome (why would you have a major match anywhere else??), and the range and match staff/officials worked their butts off to make everything run very smoothly. This is in spite of a few stage controversies, a complete downpour one morning during shooting, more than a few issues with hotels and me having a bit of grip tape in the wrong place. :blush: Hats off to all those who made this happen - I had an absolute blast, and can't wait to do it again next year!

+1

Being a local guy, I realize that I am biased, but I agree that USSA is THE place to hold major matches. This was my first Nats and I had a blast! Hopefully next time I will be less intimidated :surprise: and be able to shoot better.

Two weeks earlier and it would have been sweat instead of rain. Given the two my choice is neither but then most of the snow was gone by July.

Editted to add: between the 1st of July and the 15th of Sept we received a .1" of rain.

Edited by LPatterson