Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 LIMITED NATIONALS - match underway

dirtypool40

OK, here's the place to talk about the match, who's there, how they are shooting, the stages, conditions, your squad etc, etc.

Please don't talk PRODUCTION here. There's another thread for that.

As for me... Behold, I am walkup-man!! :goof: Let's just see if I even get in.

See you there. :cheers:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for me... Behold, I am walkup-man!! :goof: Let's just see if I even get in.

Rumor has it when I was out there today that there are at least 50 slots still available for the match. Doesn't sound like you'll have much trouble getting in!

In other news, it rained much of Saturday. It may rain a bit early Sunday morning but the rest of the match should be clear. It's going to be very humid out here!!

Bring skeeter spray.

Man inside man tells me it was hot, humid, and muddy today ;)

Go, TT!!!! :D

Eric, inquiring minds want to know, buddy!!! I'm sure he got in, though. We'd have heard him b****g about it already if he hadn't....

I understand (from another thread on the forum, and from my inside man) that there's been some drama around stages 9 and 18, and how they're defining/enforcing "normal luggage carry fashion". That's both not surprising, and disappointing... I'm sure the right thing will happen, in the end...

Hi ya'll, DP made it in. I talked with him today. Life is good. No rain today, which was nice. Hoepfully things will dry out.

Many procedurals given out today reference stage 9 and 18. I was a recipient of one of them on 18.

AARRGGHHH...

Man inside man tells me it was hot, humid, and muddy today ;)

Go, TT!!!! :D

Eric, inquiring minds want to know, buddy!!! I'm sure he got in, though. We'd have heard him b****g about it already if he hadn't....

I understand (from another thread on the forum, and from my inside man) that there's been some drama around stages 9 and 18, and how they're defining/enforcing "normal luggage carry fashion". That's both not surprising, and disappointing... I'm sure the right thing will happen, in the end...

We shot stage 18 today (2nd stage). We were the second squad to shoot it. They were VERY specific about how we were to carry the can. They told us if it came above the belt, it would be a procedural. Wonder if everyone got the same walk-through?

They told us if it came above the belt, it would be a procedural. Wonder if everyone got the same walk-through?

Well, I got a few more details... Apparently, my inside man has video of his run, and confirmed that the handle of the ammo can (not the top, not the middle, not the bottom - the handle) was even with his belt line for one shot in the stage. Kind of arbitrary judging that, it would seem....

Hopefully, that's the only BS within the match, and everything else comes off without a hitch! :) Sounds like a lot of fun, either way (mud or not...)...

Eric,

Did you get in????

Yup, he's in and squadded with a bunch of MONSTERS!!! Shanon SMith, Sam Conway, Ron Avery, Junior Brown, Jerry Brown.

DP shot three today, started on #6 quick but with a drop moving (he knew it) a total train wreck on #7 including a no-shoot, and a weird almost case rupture, and finished with a solid run on #8. Starting on the goofy #9 with the WHO trap tomorrow.

I have lots of footage of the Super Squad gathering penalties on that one. LOTS of drama, as the staff continues to interpret THAT one. :rolleyes:

DP is in "time out" for another day but he'll be back on tomorrow.

more to come....

We shot stage 18 today (2nd stage). We were the second squad to shoot it. They were VERY specific about how we were to carry the can. They told us if it came above the belt, it would be a procedural. Wonder if everyone got the same walk-through?

We did. I can see how folks could get dinged. I would have most likely got procedurals, but in the walk through I realized I would have to make sure to extend my arm after the big run. Pretty much an insignificant stage though, as it is only 40 points which is like 2% of the total match points.