Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lifes little surprizes

GentlemanJim

well we have been back into shooting since last december..and having a ball...but sorta going broke at the same time.

The logistics of having two people shooting open ...and three gun, is sort of staggering.

two new sti open pistols...two open shotguns but only one rifle.

we were able to come up with $ to get Nanci the JP ctr02 (in Blue) that she so wanted.

later with the help of Merlin we found the Meopta she wanted.

WE shared the rifle at Johnson 3gun ...but its hard on the gun (two 40 or 50 rnd stages in a row) the poor gun was cookin!

I decided to just build up a gun for me from parts I had and a few I picked up.

The little thing shoots well enough..but will not equal what the JP can do.

Sorry its kind of a long story :huh:

Recently Nanci convinced me she wanted to sell her 57 belair :blink: pay some things off and we would have more $ and less bills.

now I built that car from the ground up....For HER, not to sell ...but I gave in and she sold the car.

Today she ordered me a JPCTR02 upper...and sent in fees for USPSA multigun nats.

Does anyone remember the story....the young lady cut her hair to make a watch chain for her husband....the husband sold his watch to buy her combs for her hair?

I will be thinking about that one for a while :wub:

Jim

The logistics of having two people shooting open ...and three gun, is sort of staggering.

I have four shooters in the house. Three of us shoot USPSA, two of us shoot 3-Gun, two of us shoot ICORE and all of us shoot various steel matches throughout the year. I feel your pain as far as logistics go! I can't think of a better way to spend the time or the money.

Does anyone remember the story....the young lady cut her hair to make a watch chain for her husband....the husband sold his watch to buy her combs for her hair?

Jim

That would be O'Henry's "The Gift of the Magi."

-ld

Jim

Yep, read that one in high school. "The Gift of the Magi" was given as a literary example of irony.

Your's is a neat story Jim.

Cars & guns are fun toys, but you have something far more valuable.

The love of a woman is priceless.

I hope to meet you both on the range someday.

Tls

Tell us about the 57 or better yet post a pic or two....what were you running in it...when did you build it...You remind me of Tim the Tool Man Taylor..and the 55 Nomad....hope an I beam did not fall on yours... :cheers: