Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MY 6" thread....

dirtypool40

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A while back someone (can't remember who) posted a pic of his Benny Hill FF 6" in the Gallary on the Lim thread. I downloaded it and made it my background. I really really want this exact gun made for me (got a feeling the real owner isn't letting go of her ;) ). But I have set a goal to make Master in production before making this purchase. Every time I need motivation to get to shooting better, I look at my computer.

You all keep this up, I am going to skip out on my goal and put myself into debt.

A while back someone (can't remember who) posted a pic of his Benny Hill FF 6" in the Gallary on the Lim thread. I downloaded it and made it my background. I really really want this exact gun made for me (got a feeling the real owner isn't letting go of her ;) ). But I have set a goal to make Master in production before making this purchase. Every time I need motivation to get to shooting better, I look at my computer.

You all keep this up, I am going to skip out on my goal and put myself into debt.

You mean you ONLY order guns when you can afford them!!!!!! :unsure:

I wish I could claim I designed it but it was all Benny Hills vision I just specified a few options he did the rest...every FF is differant...but it is very cool looking Thanks

I am hoping that Benny has my slide(s) and will start on my gun/top ends.....any word from the guys in the shop?

JS

Edited by 1911jerry

Jerry: I am sure Benny and Merlin are recovering from the heat. I don't know how much work they got done today. Last time I saw them was yesterday and they both didn't look that good ;-) I may go see them tomorrow. Thanks, Eric

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.........(hear the bells)...... because STI is very late in delivering the 6" slides to Benny. It might take till Christmas :surprise:

I understand that Benny and the gang can't do much without the slides, but waiting sure is hard, I will just have to be patient.

JS

I was at Benny's on Monday, he said he would be starting on my gun soon. I hate to keep bugging him, he does alot for us.

The slides are the 6 inch variety, a 40 and a 9mm.

JS

Jerry: That sucks that he can't get any slides. I have heard that STI sells alot of guns outside the U.S so maybe they are running the mills to complete those pistols. What slides are you looking for? Thanks, Eric

Errr, I have a question for one of you guys that have a 6" gun with a bushing barrel. What length guide rod, who makes it and is the recoil spring longer than a standard 5" recoil spring.

For a bushing gun use a 2 piece 6in rod, I think Chuck at SC and EGW have them, same spring as 5 in.--------------Larry

I run 5" one piece guide rods and 5" springs in the 6" bushing barrel guns I build. I use an EGW guide rod when I can get it because it is pretty, STI guide rods are plenty good and a couple bucks less so those are what I use when Chuck is out of EGW guide rods. I won't tolerate the weight of a full 6" guide rod, but I will admit it is a minor detail.

If you like heavy I've done some tungsten rods. A two piece rod in standard dia. and also added an inch to a wilson 5 oz rod. It takes some testing to find the right combo of load and springs, but it definitely makes a front heavy gun if you like that feel.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you looking to "try" the 6" thing, HERE is a gun for a good price to try to see if you like the "Kool-aid". Maybe we should pool our money and buy it, then pass it around to try out the longer sight radius thing!!

:cheers:

I came across this post a few weeks ago and thought, "Why shouldn't I try it?". It turned out to be a great deal, and I'm glad I did it.

Since the link is no longer active, here's the run down. It has a Para P16 frame, lightened 6" Caspian Slide, Schuemann Classic Match bushing barrel, Aftec extractor, S&A magwell, and came with one mag with a Dawson base pad. It was built by Rich Dettelhouser in Streator, IL. The slide and bushing fit are good and the trigger pull is excellant at about 2 1/2 pounds. So far, it's run 100% with either factory length or long handloads

I haven't weighed it yet, but is only slightly heavier than my single stack (5") 1911. It seems to balance just like it though. I've been shooting Limited 10 (with a Les Baer TRS), and I wanted something that would feel as good to me. It does and I'm sold! What more could I ask? Oh, and it was just $825 bucks!

Thanks everyone for your posts. If I hadn't read all about them, I wouldn't have tried a lighten long slide!

post-12114-1188855933.jpg

post-12114-1188857212.jpg

post-12114-1188857220.jpg

Edited by sailorkarl

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is not a rumor or a PR hoax, I have actually seen the gun, actually fitted slide and frame with the cuts done.

Unlike all my other guns I had almost nothign to do with speccing out the cosmetics, but I gotta say this thing is AWESOME!!!! Still not ready to shoot, but if I hate it, I may just have Venri build me a 5" version. It's the sexiest high cap I've seen in quite a while. More to come.... (hopefully pics too)

This is not a rumor or a PR hoax, I have actually seen the gun, actually fitted slide and frame with the cuts done.

Unlike all my other guns I had almost nothign to do with speccing out the cosmetics, but I gotta say this thing is AWESOME!!!! Still not ready to shoot, but if I hate it, I may just have Venri build me a 5" version. It's the sexiest high cap I've seen in quite a while. More to come.... (hopefully pics too)

Yadda Yadda Yadda

rlee.gif