Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MY 6" thread....

dirtypool40

Like hell! ~ I think I too can be kool because I ALREADY have a "swingle stack...."

WELL SAID.

And....

Stacked singles are good too!!! ;)

You have a very quick wit Z...just wondering what is the worst blunder you ever made in the booth..nothing as bad as saying the greens are as fast as a bikini wax I hope...

LMAO

TL

My producers are amazed that I have NEVER "slipped up" in the booth. Although I have NEVER used a curse word in front of my kids, I curse like a sailor, and they can't believe I have never let the "F-Bomb" slip on the air!! Obviously that is the end of any broadcasting career!! I think that having kids makes me think first, I actually think about what I say BEFORE it comes out. And yes, that used to piss the sh!t outta my EX. Women hate it when you think things thru in a "discussion".

NOW, as for smart quips on the air, we have many phrases that you the listener hear but don't really understand the meaning. "A good lookin' crowd at the ballpark" means you have direct eye line to hot chicks!!!

I have only been warned one time about something I said on the air:

Last year in Palm Springs at the Bob Hope, we were using a new "stadium type course" as the host course for the 4 course tournament. On Saturday, when all of the celebrities are at the host course, the STAR WATCHERS, (aka. Star F'ers ) were out in droves!!!! We had about 15 minutes of air time to kill, and nothing going on. All 5 of the broadcasters were in the booth location by this time, which overlooked the 3rd shot area to the 18th green. We were on a hill looking down at the fairway. Laying down propped up on their elbows were 4 VERY shapely women who had been, shall we say, enhanced!!! Being bored, I told the other guys I was going for a walk-about, and to send it to me when I got to within 5 feet of the hotties!!! They did so, with the perfect "toss"!!! "Jay, what are your thoughts on today's play?" With that I said, "It was a great days play, really set-up for a tight finish tomorrow on a new host course that has been wonderful all week. As a matter of fact, this course has the BEST man made spectator mounding I have EVER seen!!!!

I got a call Sunday morning from one of my boss'! He was being an AZZ, cuz no one who does not know me personally would have any idea what I was talking about. It was funny, it had been a long day and we were just entertaining each other at that point.

A lot of that goes on, the viewers/listeners just don't know it!!

Edited by zhunter

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure much goes on behind the scenes that the average viewer never suspects...I just love David Feherty...even liked the article on his problems...bet he would be a hoot to work with...who are your favorite announcers...besides Jay Randolph...

I am sure much goes on behind the scenes that the average viewer never suspects...I just love David Feherty...even liked the article on his problems...bet he would be a hoot to work with...who are your favorite announcers...besides Jay Randolph...

On TV I like Johnny Miller, Gary McCord, and Peter Oouterhius

On Radio I like John Maginnes in addition to jay Randolph

my friend you got guts. How did you get through that without busting up???

Good question!! I was EXPECTING the booth to pick it back up as soon as I said that, but all I heard in my head phones was LOUD laughter for about 45 seconds, soooo...

I had to keep talkin'

It was not easy!!!

OK, the Big Brown Banditos decided against ransom and delivered my Fat Free today. Took it out after work... There goes one of my main excuses... it's going to be really tough to blame my suckage on my equipment now.

One little problem, you know that little cut in the frame that keeps the right side of an ambi-safety in? This frame doesn't have one! I wondered why my Fat Free didn't come with an ambi... now I know! And I can't blame Benny, it was my frame!

Pictures to follow...

Bill

My 6" gun weights 39 oz. with a bull barrel, 5" stainless guiderod and stainless magwell. Its almost 2oz. lighter than my factory SV 5" gun with a bull barrel and tungsten guiderod , plus I think it looks cool!

6inchsv1.JPG

Edited by TMC

My 6" gun weights 39 oz. with a bull barrel, 5" stainless guiderod and stainless magwell. Its almost 2oz. lighter than my factory SV 5" gun with a bull barrel and tungsten guiderod , plus I think it looks cool!

Oooh... that IS niiice!

OK, the Big Brown Banditos decided against ransom and delivered my Fat Free today. Took it out after work... There goes one of my main excuses... it's going to be really tough to blame my suckage on my equipment now.

One little problem, you know that little cut in the frame that keeps the right side of an ambi-safety in? This frame doesn't have one! I wondered why my Fat Free didn't come with an ambi... now I know! And I can't blame Benny, it was my frame!

Pictures to follow...

Bill

pictures, gotta have pictures. Need some pictures here....

There used to be a TV commercial about Paul Masson's wines ... which stated that: "no wine was let out to consummers untill it was just ready ... and perfect ..."

DP's six-incher is coming along just fine. It was never meant to be a rush, quickie job, specific for a particular match, but something that he can go and "kick some arse with" for a long time.

Oh, yeah ... it's getting some "cute" little cuts, but you can blame (or praise) him for those ...

( ... and I will say no more, kind of my own supersttion ! :unsure: )