Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MY 6" thread....

dirtypool40

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to have a built from scratch custom gun.

However, it crossed my mind that I could buy a 6" STI Eagle and have it tuned by a smith.

Thoughts?

Tony

There is a BIG difference between a ground-up pistol and a tuned factory gun. With a ground-up gun you get a slide-frame fit that is perfect. Perfect fits don't loosen up in 15-20K rounds. You get reliability - the smith has already tuned extractor, ejector, properly shaped the feedramp and throat. You get a perfectly timed barrel barrel fit. Fit and finish is far beyond factory. The list goes on and on.

I get people inquiring every day wanting us to work on their factory guns and make them the same as a custom. It takes so many hours of labor that it is just not cost effective to go this route if what you really want is a full-on custom.

As an aside, if you are close enough, or don't mind the $$$hipping, I like to get the gun "in the white" shoot the hell out of it for a month or so, then make any final tweaks and have it plated.

That way, you get the "Christmas morning" feeling twice, and when it's finally done, it is RIGHT.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Merlin!

On a side note, I should like to invite all of you Corpus, San Antonio, and other southern shooters up to San Angelo to shoot. We shoot on the fourth Sunday of the month and we haven't been rained out more than 2 or 3 time in the history of the club! The main pistol match starts at 1pm with a shotgun stage and a rifle stage (shot as side matches) beginning about 11am.

Bill

As an aside, if you are close enough, or don't mind the $$$hipping, I like to get the gun "in the white" shoot the hell out of it for a month or so, then make any final tweaks and have it plated.

That way, you get the "Christmas morning" feeling twice, and when it's finally done, it is RIGHT.

Have ya got this new heater yet?!?!?! :blink:

WooHoo!!!!

Benny just called and said my Fat Free shipped today! :cheers:

bp

The big brown truck is on the way. Your's turned out very tight and runs flawlessly... Beautiful gun!

And you didn't take any pictures???????? Damn it, man! You have become spoiled spending all that time with Benny. Share the visual pleasure for those of us that can only dream!

Teasing? I finished another one last week, did the test firing today. No pictures, but it is basically a refined version of the last one I posted pictures of. VERY sexy indeed. You going to have yours for Area 5 Eric?

Well...

It seems the Big Brown Bandits still have my Fat Free! :angry: Last scan was arrival in San Antonio, Saturday. Let's all gear up and go get it!!! :ph34r:

Hopefully they'll remember what "Next Day Air" means and at least deliver it tomorrow...

Bill

man I sure hope so, it's going to be cllllloooooooose.

He's also working a swingle stack for me, so I can be cool like ZHunter.

We all want to be cool like Zhunter...but guess there is no way for some of us...but You DP, you still have a chance...as does Merlin...Nah, Merlin is too far gone.. :rolleyes:

Like hell! ~ I think I too can be kool because I ALREADY have a "swingle stack...."

WELL SAID.

And....

Stacked singles are good too!!! ;)

You have a very quick wit Z...just wondering what is the worst blunder you ever made in the booth..nothing as bad as saying the greens are as fast as a bikini wax I hope...