Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MY 6" thread....

dirtypool40

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry: Have you guys tried the 155 or 170 grain Precisions yet? I think the 170's may be the way to go. I have some if you want to try them. I also have the 155's as well. I am thinking of a 6" as well but want to try a plastic pistol first to see if the sight radius will help me. Thanks, Eric

Larry: Have you guys tried the 155 or 170 grain Precisions yet? I think the 170's may be the way to go. I have some if you want to try them. I also have the 155's as well. I am thinking of a 6" as well but want to try a plastic pistol first to see if the sight radius will help me. Thanks, Eric

I have been shooting the 155s for 3 gun(minor) for a while. I,m playing with the 170s now, will probaly change when I run out of jhps.--------------Larry

Mine has a really slow barrel in it, runs the same power factor as a 5" more or less.....

Larry, have you tried any of the 155's at major? The 165's feel better than the 180's in a jacketed bullet to me too, so I have been really interested in trying even lighter bullets. I'd also be curious to hear how the 170's work out for you. Thanks, Howard.

"I've got my 6" coming from Bedell sometime here shortly. It is being built on a standard width frame, bushing 6" barrel. We'll see how she turns out."

Cool can't wait to see the pics of this.

We have a couple 6" Benny guns at our club, causing me to wonder if I need a new gun and what to get?

For those of you looking to "try" the 6" thing, HERE is a gun for a good price to try to see if you like the "Kool-aid". Maybe we should pool our money and buy it, then pass it around to try out the longer sight radius thing!!

:cheers:

I'm steeping in your thread about the bullet weight.

What kind of 170s do you guys shoot ?

I've been using 170s FMJ from Fiocchi for years and I have always been pleased with both accuracy and consistency.

I'd be very curious to try a 6 inches limited gun because we are limited to box compliant pistols here.

I love my SV Sight trackers, but if more and more guys shot 6 inches pistols, there might be something to look at !

Eric,

Have you seen Jack Travers 6" ? (boy that sounds dirty)

Derek did one up for him (with that super cool coating) and it shot nice. You may want to give his a drive to see what you like and don't like on it (again that sounds bad) next time you are at Malabar.

Edited by AA-Wolf

Eric,

Derek did one up for him (with that super cool coating) and it shot nice. You may want to give his a drive to see what you like and don't like on it (again that sounds bad) next time you are at Malabar.

Hoping to see Jack's at Malabar next weekend.

As sooooon as I have pics, I will post.

Eric,

Hoping to see Jack's at Malabar next weekend.

As sooooon as I have pics, I will post.

Yadda Yadda Yadda

Have you ordered it yet??????? :unsure:

Yadda Yadda Yadda

Have you ordered it yet??????? :unsure:

Yes, I have. Sort of. :unsure: We are meeting this weekend to sketch the details up. In fact we just talked on the phone a few minutes ago about it.

And by the way, just 'cuz you abuse me doesn't mean I'm giving up M's phone # or the VIP website password. :devil:

ummm, yeah :blush: When Z gets involved things often head South, quickly. Wait, I brought her up this time. :mellow:

Anyway, I am meeting with Venry this weekend to sketch 'er out and get started. We chatted while-a-go about the high power cut and some other lightening things.

Hopefully next weekend I get to shoot Jack's.