Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

anyone else have a complete rig for each division?

boo radley

This is getting ridiculous.

I shoot Limited, Production and will probably start shooting SS. And, from time to time, CDP and SSP in IDPA.

I have two CR-Speed belts. I have a freakin' drawer full of various Kydex holsters, and at least 5 different types of mag holders....Yet I *still* find myself constantly needing to pull this holster off that belt, or make sure THESE holders go to the IDPA match, because they're the only legal ones, or shuffling things around so they'll match....

It's ludicrous that I don't have enough gear, but the truth is, I don't. I'm coming to the realization, that I need to a complete belt set-up for each USPSA division I intend to shoot, and, for each IDPA division, a loose holster and two mag pouches.

So right now:

LTD: CR speed holster, 4 x CR speed pouches, but only have 3 on a CR Speed belt.

Production: Comptac holster (share w/IDPA) and convert 4 CR pouches to Glock (a royal pain in the *ss), and have a single cheapo pouch, on a second belt.

SS: Bladetech, and 3 x 771's and 2 x CompTac pouches I just bought (thx Stuart!). No dedicated belt.

IDPA: 2 x cheapo Kydex pouches.

So I think I need:

Ltd: 3 mag holders. Do I really need 4?? I *rarely* go to a second mag much less a third.

Production: Nothing.

SS: CR Speed belt and 1 more 771. This would give me 4 771's, plus a cheapo double-pouch. I think I would only rarely need to grab a fifth magazine...?

IDPA: CDP: holster. One I bought recently wasn't compliant, so I sold it.

SSP: holster. Stupidly sold a Glock Bladetech, and now I'll have to buy it over again. Two pouches.

Boggles my mind, it does. Anyone else wrestle with this? I can make everything work now, by shuffling, but I'm really feeling it's worth spending the money and getting it right.

I have a rig setup for:

USPSA Production

USPSA Limited/Open - SV

USPSA Limited/Open - Glock

USPSA Revolver

USPSA Single Stack

PPC Revolver

For IDPA, I just use a carry holster and carry mag pouches on my.

Damn, didn't realize I had that many rigs set up. :surprise:

+1 for Belt, holster and pouches for each division. Sometimes deciding which division to shoot in is the hardest question. I don't know if you can use race gear for PSSD, I haven't tried it yet.

Ken

Ok so I'll be different, because I'm a cheap bastard. I only use one belt and gear for up to three guns which get swapped on and off. Do you shoot the same gun design in all the games? If you do I would say use a single holster, something like the Stingray would be legal everywhere and its pleanty fast. For mags, you could use some tek-locks and swap stuff out. Not only am I cheap, but I like multipurpose solutions, probably because I'm cheap :)

Edited by Vlad

I have three belt / holster / magazine rigs set-up.

One is for my production gun, Para P9-18 with a Safariland holster and Cr Speed mag holders.

Another is for my 1911 single stack with Blade-tech DOH holster and Safariland mag holders.

The only reason I only have three instead of five is that my Open, Limited and Limited 10 guns are all S_I guns and share the same rig.

Tls

Edited by tlshores

I have 3 dedicated belts and one floater..

Limited:

Gilmore holster

4 aluminator Mag holders

Safariland outer belt

Open:

Safariland belt

Safariland 009 holster

3 Safariland split mag pouches

Revolver:

Safariland Belt

Safariland 002 Cup holster.. slightly modified

8 - TK Custom Moon holders

Production/L10/3-gun:

Safariland belt

Depending on gun it could be either a Fobus polymer or all around cloth type cary holster

Fobus mag pouches, usually 2 doubles and a single

Misc holders for rifle mags and shotshell caddies

I um.. don't have a single stack yet...

I too have separate rigs for Production, L-10 and Open. All have CR Speed belts and mag pouches but different holsters. I also have a SS rig that is "traditional" with a leather belt, Uncle Mike's kydex holster and Fobus mag holders.

Just to add I see no reason to have 4 pouches in limited. That said I do have 4. One of them if a cheapy velcro deal that I only use with a 126mm for loading the first round in the gun. Three usable on the belt and my starter in my pocket.

I have a rig for all the guns I shoot. Limited, L-10, CDP, and ESP. I keep them all set up in different range bags so I can just grab the bag and the gun that goes with it and roll to the match having everything I need.

I have 3 different belts set up. One is my new open gun, one for limited and one for my old open gun. Also have different range bags set up for them along with one for Glock matches, one for Cowboy action and my pistol box for bullseye. During the summer my truck has all my rifle shooting gear in it until the end of the season. Also keep targets, pistol box and such in one of my cars. For the most part the two vehicles are only used to go to the range.

I thought everyone did. :)

Production (ok, I have 2 different Production rigs, one for the Berreta one for the Glock)

Revolver

Single Stack

Limited 10

Limited

3 Gun - USPSA

3 Gun - SMM3G/IronMan

yes, it's nuts... I'm just to lazy to switch stuff. One of the few times lazy beats cheap. The other being a complete toolhead with powder measure for every load I do on my 550's)

Hello: Benny is correct, Merlin has alot of stuff. I still had to loan him a holster and mag holder though ;-). He forgot to bring holster setup. You will need 3 belts for sure. One for IDPA and the other two for limited and production. You can just switch the holster back and forth on the belts but leave the mag holders on. That is my plan when I can buy some more CR speed mag holders. Thanks, Eric

Don't tell the spouse... 'cause she thinks all guns look alike :rolleyes: ...... and I'd like to keep it that way!

Since my primary "game" is IDPA... I have a complete rig ( or more) for each division.... and in some cases duplicate guns for back up.

CDP- Kimber Custom Target II and Springer Trophy Match (with matching grips and sights etc.)

SSR- A matched set of S & W 66s

ESR- A tricked out S & W 625 with Ti Cylinder

ESP- Springer 1911 in 9 mm

SSP- Twin Glock 17s

Obviously these are also quite functional in USPSA.. other than LTD and Open

To keep it simple I have a pile of small canvas bags on top of the gun safe. Each one containes all the "gear" required to support a specific gun... like mags, moon clips, holsters belts. etc. So I just grab the bag, the gun and the ammo and I'm ready to go.

Edited by MichiganShootist

YES

SS and Limited

Although, I currently don't have a limited gun :blink: I have everything else :D

That's awsome...you have a rig, but not the gun.

Correct, I sold my Limited gun to fund my new SS Blaster.

He does not know it yet, but I will buy Dirtypool's Limited gun, he needs a new one, but don't tell him.

I've only got a dedicated setup for USPSA Revolver. I don't shoot USPSA LTD or Open; for the rest of the bottomfeeder divisons in both IDPA (my main sport) and USPSA, I just mix and match. I do confess that I use a third speedloader carrier when I shoot SSR...I'm such a gaming bastard... :P

RevChuck: only guy I know who uses cover in a USPSA match. :ph34r:

CR belt, holster, and 3 mag carriers for open.

CR belt, holster, and 4 mag carriers for limited. Used to have 3, had a problem at a match and I needed another mag that wasn't on my belt. Never again. Now I have 4.

Box of assorted holsters and mag carriers for IDPA, kydex and leather mix and match. Use my CR inner belt.

Yup, three belts so far, but not quiet three separate rigs:

Limited/L10: CR Speed Belt, Ghost holster, four Safariland pouches

Production: Old Safariland belt, Comptac Locking Paddle, which is also goes on my IDPA-SSP setup, four SpeedComp pouches and one double Uncle Mike's pouch. I may switch to another brand of pouch for the new rules coming into effect. The SpeedComps will probably end up on my Limited rig. I keep thinking about a Blade Tech DOH.

IDPA-SSP: Wilderness Belt, UM double mag pouch and the Comptac.

IDPA-ESP: Before my Para LDA became illegal, I would shoot this with an all leather Galco rig. I am acquiring a SS (thank you, Hopalong :D ), and will probably use the same holster and new pouches in CDP, and extra pouches in SS.

They say most pistol shooters end up with boxes of discarded belts and gear. Just be glad that you get to actually use some of them for more than just humping machined metal and plastic around on your hip, and on a regular basis at that.

Edited by kevin c