Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why aren't Berettas more popular in production?

tenchu74

I'm switching to a Beretta 92 Elite II that I already own from a kimber .45 to save some money on ammunition and to try my hand in production. As I'm doing this, I notice that I don't see to many berettas at matches. Why is this? How many of you use Berettas and what model? Thanks for your response.

Steve

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not more popular because most people don't want or don't care to master the double action pull. It can be damn good just look at guys like Dave Olhasso and Ernest Langdon.

It's not more popular because most people don't want or don't care to master the double action pull. It can be damn good just look at guys like Dave Olhasso and Ernest Langdon.

Doesn't Olhasso shoot an XD in production?

Slav

A few years ago they were one of the more popular guns, but then, Dave O. And Ernest were shooting them. The speed bump issue caused some shooters to switch (at least in my area) and now I don't see too many of them anymore.

Now Glock and XD are the whiz bang guns, and the M&P and CZ are making some waves due to the big dogs who shoot them.

Shoot the Beretta. If it fits you, handles well and does what you want it to, that should be all that matters.

I started shooting an Elite II .40, and was successful with it. But once I started getting serious, I couldn't find any gear that fit the thing for a lefty. Beretta needs to address the sport if they want the business.

H.

I also think that the 92's have a large grip that a lot of people find uncomfortable. I have large hands (I'm now using the large M&P insert) and I've always found that the 92's where to big feeling.

I love the PX4... hate the mags though. I'll be sending it off for a trigger job and small parts when I get the $$. Two open guns, Dillon reloading shtuff a,d a bunch of loading has set me back a tad. :P

Steve - I'm hardly burning up the shooting world, but I use my 92 Brigadier for Production and it doesn't slow me down a bit - but then, I'm slow enough as is. :rolleyes: It's accurate and always goes bang, even using rifle primers and the D mainspring. I've got about 5k rounds through it, and I'm still waiting for the first jam. I'm 6'2" with average hands for my height, and it's a comfortable fit.

A small bit of solder or other material that was added to the rear of the trigger to reduce overtravel and allow for quicker reset. Was popular and allowed for years until it was noticed to be an external modification and ruled improper for production use.

Slav

Dave Olhasso shoots an XD now but did shoot a Beretta in Master Class Production for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjySf72cHA4...php%3Fp%3D44289

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyIqoH_j3y4...ted&search=

Slav

Dave Olhasso shoots an XD now but did shoot a Beretta in Master Class Production for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjySf72cHA4...php%3Fp%3D44289

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyIqoH_j3y4...ted&search=

GM Class production maybe......

He made GM with the Sig, switched to Beretta for a while, and is currently shooting the XD......

• 1 month later...

My son has started shooting my PX4 in Production instead of a Glock 17. He likes it much better. If he hadn't stolen it from me, I might be persuaded to switch from my CZ SP-01 Tactical (although it is a very nice gun!).

I saw a couple of Berettas at the York PA Summer Blast this weekend. We had a guy in our squad (a B-class shooter) using his 92FS. I think most people get scared off by the heavy trigger pull (nothing a D-spring can't fix!) and the Glock mentality. Personnally, I hardly notice the DA pull (maybe it's the adrenaline from the buzzer!) and my Beretta's have been 100% reliable.

Jim