Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ar15 Mags

Bruce

Poly, Brownells makes their own magazines in a separate facility. It is their own proprietary magazine, FWIW.

DougC

I have it on good authority from someone who deals with C Products on a weekly basis for a retailer, Brownells gets their mags from C Products. There is nothing proprietary about them, other than the floorplate that says "brownells".

Polytech

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brownell's says that their mags are their own, made in their own facility. They're a stand up company and I doubt that they'd lie about it. They sell LOTS of products (and mags) produced by other companies, and they don't try to claim credit as the manufacturer if they are not.

I'm not so impressed with C-Products. Good mags generally, but the ones I ordered came with rusted springs. It took several calls to get the springs replaced. Recently I called them to order some mag bodies, but I questioned why the stainless bodies were only $0.24 cheaper than the complete mags, while the aluminum bodies were $2.40 cheaper. The guy who answered the phone couldn't give me an answer, and finally said "That's just the way it is." So I sent an e-mail to sales at C-Products with the same question. So far my e-mail has been ignored. So, I'll take my business elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

When we finally got ARs approved for "Patrol Rifles" at my agency, I ordered 7 new C-Products 30 round mags for my COLT. I have had nothing but good luck with any ammo I've run through them but they don't drop free which I'm gonna say is not a bad thing for duty use.

I have them all filled with 28 rounds of TRU 55 grain Ballistic Tip and have the silicon springs...

Edited by Mick

I had the same drop free problem with a couple of my Cmags. Some filing took care of that.

Lately I've been having great success with Magpul Pmags. They feed like buttah! Drop free too. Oh, and inexpensive! And for a couple bucks more you can get the kind with the round count window. They had a few problems with early production versions, but I think they have them ironed out.

For hosing stages where I don't want to have to reload, I have a couple of DPMS 45 rounders. It's 2 30 round aluminum mags welded together. Mine work like a charm, but won't take Magpul followers.

• 1 year later...

The problem with AR-15 anything today is availability. Most everything from bolt carrier assemblies, to magazines are back ordered. When anything is available it is usually priced high. Cabela's in Glendale has 30 round Bushmaster Aluminum mags, but for $30.00 each. You used to be able to buy them for $9.95. Everyone today is raving about Mag-Pul P-Mags. The problem again is availability and price. If you can find them, or any other decent magazine for that matter at a fair price, I would purchase all you can afford. This hysteria won't be ending any time soon. Bill T.

Rather than start a new thread for the same purpose, I'll ask for updates. What's the best mag out there and, more to the point, what mags do you use?

The ones that work in my rifles (seems to be any quality mag).

I use lots of used GI/military/LEO mags (Okay, Center, some Colt, and a few others)

D&H

CP

Most of the "mil-spec" aluminum mags work great for me - I don't see much (any?) functional difference between them. If one is problematic, diagnose it, fix it with a new spring or follower, or simply replace the mag.

Orlite

Thermold

I'll probably pick up a few Pmags, Brownells, Lancers, etc. (but not because I see them solving a problem that I've had with other mags)...

ac

After one-too-many "bolt over" malfunctions with USGI mags using the green followers, I've been using Pmags w/o any problems. Not to mention that, IMHO, they are 100% easier to disassemble for cleaning.

• 1 month later...