Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ar15 Mags

Bruce

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend turnind me on to the Orlite Israeli PLASTIC mags. They are 30 round mags that remind me of Glock mags, because they have a metal liner, but are mostly comprised of polymer.

Look around and you'll be surprised how cheap they are. I'm talking $8 ~ $10 each. :)

c-Products mags purchased from 44mag.com

+1

The have all of the updated parts already in them and they are cheap.

Reliable reports indicate they are excellent & the S.S. ones won't rust.

I am using the high-dollar H&K 416 mags if I don't have to drop them. Otherwise, the .44 mag.com aluminum with upgraded magpul follower. Have one old steel US made 40 rounder that works (had to buy 2 of these POS mags to get one that works).

OR C-Products mags straight from C-Products LLC

I have some, they're good

I have Brownell's too, they are as good or better...

OBTW Don't pay more than $13.00 for Brownell's or about the same for C-Products

OR C-Products mags straight from C-Products LLC

I have some, they're good

I have Brownell's too, they are as good or better...

OBTW Don't pay more than $13.00 for Brownell's or about the same for C-Products

$13.00??? They cost $18 at Brownells. Where are you getting them for less?

Also, how do they compare to Bushmaster mags? I'm interested in 20 or 30 round mags that are going to be dependable and reliable. What are the better ones out there that I can buy?

Thanks.

If your AR likes them (not all do), I think Thermolds rock for absolute reliability. Downside are the plastic feed lips that crack easily. Make sure to get made in North Carolina USA Thermolds, not old Canadian made surplus ones (aka, Thermelts!).

Next in pref are USGI with MagPul followers.

Make sure any mag you use drops free.

Make sure to get a handful of USGI 20 rounders. They can be handy. Most prized are the older surplus twenny's with metallic followers that do not nosedive at the drop of a hat.

I have been running the C Products mags with really good luck. Both the aluminum and the Stainless Steel. The SS mags are built very solid. I don't have any fear of diving prone with them as a monopod.

Get them directly from http://www.cproductsllc.com great service.

aluminum $10.50 complete stainless steel $18.00 complete

Edited by smokshwn

I run Thermolds for practice, because I can drop them and not worry about deforming or cracking the feed lips. They are either going to break of bounce back into shape, no deformation.

For matches, any reputable Mil-Spec magazine will work. I would recommend changing the follower to a Mag-pul anti-tilt follower and check for fit and function. Make sure the magazine will drop free when fully loaded, half loaded, and empty. After that, you should be pretty good.

Erik

I'm using GI mil spec Center industries & OK brand mags with the green followers. No problems at all after a bit of sanding on some to make them drop free & refinishing with the brownells slick coat bake on finish. I bought them during the last ban but a friend & I bought some guy out that had 70 or 80 & we picked out the best & sold the rest. Mine cost me @$3.25 each, :D I believe including the follower. MLM

Have you guys seen the new all polymer PMAG from Magpul?

pmag3.jpg

More pictures here: http://www.magpul.com/gallery/pmag.html

If they function as well as the tester have claimed over at ar15.com then these could be some great competition magazine. The certainly seem to be able to take the abuse.

(YouTube link of video of impromptu test by Magpul)

I have three on pre-order for testing. Should start shipping in the next couple weeks.

Later

mcb

Any hints on pricing??

Have you guys seen the new all polymer PMAG from Magpul?

I have three on pre-order for testing. Should start shipping in the next couple weeks.

Later

mcb