Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ar15 Mags

Bruce

Order of preference:

1. Pmag 30 rnd

2. Brownells 30 rnd (they are available and in stock now)

3. Pmag with Nordic extension 45 rnd

4. Tripp 52 rnd

5. DPMS 45 rnd (2 30s welded together, looks funky but they work)

6. Beta C 100 rnd

My most used setup is 2 Pmags, or 2 Brownells coupled together. I often use the long mags on long hoser stages. I rarely use the Beta C.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I use my c products 43 rounder as my standard mag, my nordically extended 48 round pmag for high round count non prone stages, my coupled 43 round mags for long range/prone stages where allowed, my firebird coupled 30 round Pmags for mandatory mag change stages, I have a 20 rounder or two in the bag for that occasional low port prone stage, and I keep a couple 30 round pmags for my horizontal small if the back oh $hit mag.

Edited by jtischauser

For 30 rounders I use Brownells. They all load and feed without problems. They currently have a government contract on magazines.

+1 :D

Yep... :)

Not only have these mags never failed me, I am yet to see one fail at a match. I have a host of different mags but these are still my favorites and they are much cheaper than several other varieties.

I've used just about all of them and here are a couple of lessons learned / passed on by much more knowledgeable tactical shooter's then I.

1. A dual anti tilt follower system is a plus.

2. Always insure that you check your feed lips for damage (Visual and bump test).

3. Mark your mags and number them.

4. If you have a bad mad write "bad" on it and smash it.

In the Extreme Reliability Test that Army did a couple of years back they found that the number one malfunction with the M4/M16 was a "failure to feed".

Of those "failure to feed" malfunction the majority where magazine related. Hence the Army has come out with the new Tan GI Mag (alum. body w/tan anti tilt sys.) to address some of the issue with are old green follower sys (no anti tilt) alum mags.

From 2004 to 2008 I used H&K (steel body w/ anti tilt sys.) mags with no, I say again no issues for 24 mouths of deployed time in some realy harsh conditions. In 2008 I tested out my first Magpul PMAG (polymer body w/ anti tilt sys.) and have now switched over to them due to the added weight savings. I also like them because the the feed lips do not bend like the steel and alum. body mags, they just crack and break. It is very easy to see a crack or a chuck missing compared to a slightly bent feed lip. Some times the only way to discover this is through a "bump test".

C-Products magazines - I might be a bit biased but they hold up to more abuse than we see in our game:

73fefdd7.jpg

Thrown, run over by a car, smashed by a rock, shot with an AK & M1S90 - worked fine. (Was restricted to about 10-15 rounds with the bullet hole though)

I'll see if I can release the video that we filmed for them.

Edited by DyNo!