Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ar15 Mags

Bruce

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had very good luck with www.444mag.com in the past on AR-15 magazines so that were I pre-ordered mine from and the are taking pre-orders for the new PMAP for $14.20 each (free shipping on order over $100).

Supposedly a couple months after the original PMAG hits the market a windowed PMAG with sight window for an indication of remaining rounds will also hit the market. It passed the same truck test as the one I linked to above.

mcb

Who knows until those mags are tested in competition, but I can't see how that mag would be a bad thing. MagPull has proven to me that they know their way around the AR-15 mag - with their self-leveling follower (great addition, IMHO). And a round-count window that still keeps out the dirt? Thats a fine idea.

Besides, if you state passes an AWB (or God forbid they pass ANOTHER national AWB) a good supply of reliable mags tucked away might just keep us in business in the future. Good work MagPull; hope these hit the market soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a big fan of c products steel mags, but I have recently started running a dpms 45 rounder. SO far so good. The Dpms needed a little deburring on the welds, but now is fine. This seems to be the common mag at out shoots, so any less would be a handicap.

I am a big fan of C products steel mags, but I have recently started running a dpms 45 rounder. SO far so good. The Dpms needed a little deburring on the welds, but now is fine. This seems to be the common mag at our shoots, so any less would be a handicap.

I talked to our Magpul rep today and they are saying 2-3 weeks for the next shipment of the non windowed mags and 7 or so weeks on the mags with windows. The first mags were really darn sturdy, so these should be a big hit.

Hopefully, the ship dates won't slip.

Edited by Cactustactical

I must be hiding under a rock, who/what is Tripp. Website? Are there pictures of the 42 and 52rd magazines yet? More details?

My MagPul PMAGs should be here today or tomorrow. I will post detail pictures of them all torn apart when I can.

mcb

I use GI mags with ISMI springs and MagPul followers with very good results. I just bought two c products mags to try them out. I also have a DPMS 42 round mag it runs fine in my 16 inch tactical gun but will not work in my 20 inch open gun( RRA built by EGW).

My MagPul PMAGs are here. So far I like them a lot. Haven't got to use them shooting yet but the fit in my RRA AR very nicely and drop free even when empty. The seem very sturdy and well made. Used my LuLa to load them up and they load up just fine. Hopefully in a week or two I can get out to the range and do some rifle shooting and see if they function as nice as they look.

three_mag.jpg

A few more picture of them here:

Edge of PMAG, USGI 30, USGI 20

C-Product on top of PMAG

Disassembled

Top with and without included cover

Purdy picture of PMAG in my RRA Coyote Rifle.

Later

mcb

Eric, Remember as always, yuer ronge.......................when crossing into Mexico, one round found in your car or person is also TOO MANY. :lol:

Benny you can add that one to your list as well. :P

Hey, it was good shooting with you, see ya later................Trapr / Scout