Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Grease & Lubricant For Competition Firearms

Tolly

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slide glide! I use the light slide glide on the rails etc... and I use the heavier slide glide on the parts that take impact. ie the lugs and contacting pieces on my 2011. I like the slide glide, it is very slick when the gun is all reassmbled and it doesn't run off like oil. The light slide glide still works extremely smooth even in tight frame to slide fits.

Edited by Richie

Rails & up I use Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil. I put it on with one of those aluminum handle paint brush type things school kids use.

Below the rails.....BreakFree, FP-10, & whatever I get as a free sample at a major match (since thats all I get at them matches).

WOW!! I have asked this question on other forums and I have never even heard of Slide Glide. What am I missing here?? Who makes Slide Glide and where do you get it?

Have any of you tried the Militec 1 products?

WOW!! I have asked this question on other forums and I have never even heard of Slide Glide. What am I missing here?? Who makes Slide Glide and where do you get it?

Have any of you tried the Militec 1 products?

Hi Tolly,

I gave you a link in my first post. In this forum, if you see an underlined item like this: Click Here for Slide Glide! click on it and it will take you somewhere. Brian Enos, our host here, sells Slide Glide. Follow the link and he will explain all about it. Welcome to the Enosverse! :)

FP-10 or Break Free CLP.

Don't have to worry about temps and while it does run off after a while, it also seems to take the dirt and grit along with it. Wipe off the excess, dirty run off, re-apply and you don't have worry about that gunk staying between the slide and rails.

slide glide, slide glide light, breakfree CLP, moly grease, and remington dry lube pretty much take care of my entire safe in one combination or another.

I've tried fp-10, and frankly i didn't notice a difference over breakfree CLP which I can buy local (other than the smell).

I tried militech, and I found the solids separated out of it way tooe asily ins torage, and getting it mixed back in was next to impossible in small quantities. Neither CLP or FP-10 were as bad in this respect.

The remington drylube is actually a lot better product than I thought it would be, but if someone could recommend something similar with more solids in it, I'd probably switch.

CLP, SlideGlide, Mobil 1, and sometimes powdered teflon. CLP I use for cleaning my guns and it leaves a film behind on everything as a bonus. SlideGlide is wonderfull on rails and other such high wear places. Mobil 1 rocks for things that like to be really wet, such as some ARs, 11-87's, and the like.

limited and production guns, slide glide on the rails, barrel, recoil spring guide. m-pro 7 lube on the hammer and disconnector

open gun, again m-pro 7 lube on the lock work, kel-lube everywhere esle.

I've tried fp-10, breakfree and militec. I didn't like any of them, and the militec was the worst of the bunch.