Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say Adam,

I saw your gun when I was in Ca, JoJo was breaking it in with alchin mount.

Your gun is FLAWLESS!! perfect ejection! brass was landing in one pile!

I remember Jojo Vidanez saying that you sent him ammo, your personal load!

That is one sick GOOD LOOKING Ion bond blaster!

Why change to the QUINN mount? I'm assuming you like the look?

Regards,

Ed

Say Adam,

I saw your gun when I was in Ca, JoJo was breaking it in with alchin mount.

Your gun is FLAWLESS!! perfect ejection! brass was landing in one pile!

I remember Jojo Vidanez saying that you sent him ammo, your personal load!

That is one sick GOOD LOOKING Ion bond blaster!

Why change to the QUINN mount? I'm assuming you like the look?

Regards,

Ed

I change to the Quinn, because I can *never* find the dot on an Allchin. The dot sets too high to the bore. I've shot Limited for a year and plan to switch back and forth. The first time I picked up an Open gun that had an Allchin on it, I wiggled it for 10 seconds before I found the dot. Then I drew it and tried again, same problem. Again, same problem. Put the QII on it and the first time bang, found the dot immediately, second draw same thing.

Nice to know on the ejection. I haven't really shot any 9 Major, or open for that matter, but I did work up a load with some powder that the guys around here use... It's a commercial powder that we get from Atlanta Arms. Good stuff for open and 7grs of it makes major with about 3/4 of the case full on a 9mm case. Behind a 124gr MG JHP, it's 170-171pf every time. JoJo, asked me for 200 rounds and so I loaded up what I thought was going to be 6.9 just to safe, as it turned out, I actually loaded 6.95+ so close enough to 7.0 that it made the same PF... Jojo chrono'd my loads while he had it.

I went the all black route instead of the HC route cuz I kinda like the look of an all black gun. I've got some ideas for a grip coloring that I'll most likely do as well... I mean if you are going to get a gun from JoJo, ya better make it look the part right :).

But alas, got to shoot the GA ST match next weekend first, then switch to open... so it will collect a tiny bit of dust first. I should have the other mount and new racking lever on it tonight... I'll update the pictures cuz it looks *good*, course I own it :)...

Alan

Edited by Alan Adamson

Here's the latest iteration of my Gan's built 9mm major gun. I have had it since April and 7000 rounds later it has never failed me once. I changed to the STI Al-grip about month before the Nationals. It feels more rigid and the balance improved for me.

When I got back from the Nationals, I found a guy who does anodizing for paintball guns and had him do all of the aluminum parts in blue, just because.............. B)

post-12164-1255875416_thumb.jpg

post-12164-1255875425_thumb.jpg

post-12164-1255876469_thumb.jpg

Edited by matt2ace

mine after switching to a Cheely/Quinn mount ....

OgiesIphonepics173.jpg

OgiesIphonepics174.jpg

OOooooohhhhhhh...... Look who has something new and pretty for A2!

Dude ive been shooting this for 2 months now..just found out im squaded with you on Area2...ugh there goes the neighborhood :roflol:

Those new Limcat are awesome.

Is there any practical reason for such set up ? I mean, shorter barrel, nothing new, shorties have been there for quite some times now, but the comp is longer like in old times. The slide is a 5 inches cut to fit the comp.

It is about the look, or there is a new trick here ?

mine after switching to a Cheely/Quinn mount ....

OgiesIphonepics173.jpg

OgiesIphonepics174.jpg

Does having Quinn mount make your gun feel off balanced, slightly to the left side? I was thinking of trying it on my new Limcat open.

i thought that was going to be a problem before too.. but i dont even notice anything ...still balanced IMHO

Edited by ogiebb

Here's the latest iteration of my Gan's built 9mm major gun. I have had it since April and 7000 rounds later it has never failed me once. I changed to the STI Al-grip about month before the Nationals. It feels more rigid and the balance improved for me.

When I got back from the Nationals, I found a guy who does anodizing for paintball guns and had him do all of the aluminum parts in blue, just because.............. B)

That is a very cool looking gun matt2ace !

This is my "old school" Para .38 Super Auto. I really like it now though when I bought it, the only thing I liked was its price.

It has an old factor barrel with hybrids besides the comp, but since I'm not a experienced Open Division shooter, I'll give it a try just like that (it feels smooth between shots; at least flatter than my Glock 17! HAHA). It has an AlTin treatment on the slide for durability and the hammer, S&A magwell and other pieces with a Tin treatment just for the looks.

I 'm planning to put a blast shield, and a red Dawson Ice magwell for Para frames since I have a brand new C-more slide ride to install.

I'm also saving every cent I can to get a STATE OF THE ART-CUSTOM MADE AND PIMPED OUT S_I Open gun, HAHA (It's pretty obvious I'm anxious about it, right?) Too bad a brand new gun is around U$S 4000, and that's a LOT of money here in Argentina!

I hope you guys don't mind me posting in here, but I think this USPSA forum is way cooler than the IPSC one.

One of my dreams would be to shoot an USPSA National and I hope I can acomplish it some day, Man you sure have great matches!

Best regards!

post-16624-1256346830_thumb.jpg

post-16624-1256346860_thumb.jpg

post-16624-1256346894_thumb.jpg

post-16624-1256346918_thumb.jpg

post-16624-1256346944_thumb.jpg

post-16624-1256346967_thumb.jpg

post-16624-1256346989_thumb.jpg

post-16624-1256347026_thumb.jpg

Let's bring it waaaay back with this one.......

8e68d750.jpg

Made Circa 1992 or 1993 when Springfield armory was importing Tanfolio and calling them P9. This was based on the P9 LSP (Long slide ported) I Can't remember exact year, it took the gunsmith 2+ years to finish one of two ordered. (Dad and mine, that's another story)

It was a tack driver then, I hope it's still competitive. The side ports and 2 port comp seems a bit dated but the weight of the pistol kept it flat shooting and side ports reduced alot of felt recoil.....

The Tasco PDP3 was the latest and greatest and the club members were modding the dot to 10MOA or larger... :surprise:

I don't believe 170mm mags were in effect yet, so at the time we added thick base pads and hollowed out the follower to cram in 23 or 24 rounds. State of the art at the time...... :roflol:

It's currently chambered in 9x21 and planning to bring this back out and shoot Open with this one once I find appropriate mags and re-barrel in 9x19.. I noticed Briley still makes 6 Inch barrels.

Let's bring it waaaay back with this one.......

8e68d750.jpg

Made Circa 1992 or 1993 when Springfield armory was importing Tanfolio and calling them P9. This was based on the P9 LSP (Long slide ported) I Can't remember exact year, it took the gunsmith 2+ years to finish one of two ordered. (Dad and mine, that's another story)

It was a tack driver then, I hope it's still competitive. The side ports and 2 port comp seems a bit dated but the weight of the pistol kept it flat shooting and side ports reduced alot of felt recoil.....

The Tasco PDP3 was the latest and greatest and the club members were modding the dot to 10MOA or larger... :surprise:

I don't believe 170mm mags were in effect yet, so at the time we added thick base pads and hollowed out the follower to cram in 23 or 24 rounds. State of the art at the time...... :roflol:

It's currently chambered in 9x21 and planning to bring this back out and shoot Open with this one once I find appropriate mags and re-barrel in 9x19.. I noticed Briley still makes 6 Inch barrels.

FLach,

I have an EAA old open chambered in 9x21!! you can shoot it with 9mm no problem! nothing to do and its plenty accurate!

Just make sure you tune the mag and have an extra strong extractor spring. Should be competative if you can make her

run RELIABLE every time you shoot. I know I have gotten a few critic when I shoot mine and gets a jam or two. They say

that that is the reason why they switched to the 1911 platform...proved them wrong and every time I shoot it, I make sure she

runs 100% have fun.

SB