Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

Nice Zerwas!

Interesting setup.

Why you change C-more for Aimpoint Micro?

How you like shooting with Aimpoint Micro scope?

Thanks!

I changed to the Aimpoint because.....well I guess I should start from the beginning... When I shot last years nationals, I saw Barry Dueck shooting his open pistol with a DR site or that style anyhow. I liked the idea of the mount sitting closer to the top of the slide, as well as the overall size of the optic. You see, I was an iron sited shooter from when I started in action shooting. The C more just sat up so hi, it was kind of tough for me to really get used to the height on the pistol. I like the idea of the bulletproof nature of of the Aimpoint Micro (as BJ Norris talks about it in a positive light). I also like the idea of the water resistent nature and its better characteristics in the rain vs the C more. Anyone who shot last years open nationals in the rain will understand :rolleyes: . The ampoint dot isn't projected like the Cmore's is and therefore rain drops won't cause the dot to scatter (or so I'm told). I haven't had a chance to shoot in the rain yet up here in icy Minnesota.

Anyhow, it took just a SMALL transition period like BJ says and bingo, the dot is easy to pick up. imho, I think the aimpoint is easier to pick up doing one hand draws and support hand shooting (one hand).

There is quite the discussion in the open gun technical section in case your or anyone else would like to read up on people's opinions on these 2 optics and more for that matter.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your answer and opinions Zerwas.

I do have Aimpoint Micro on my table right now but I don't have mount yet. I have 3 broken C-mores also on my table so I try to decide what to do. <_<

I just realized that I posted a pic of my Bedell to this thread, but not of my Millenium Custom gun....so, here it is:

IMG_0710-1.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

With it's brother, Bedell Custom shorty in .38 Supercomp

IMG_0709.jpg

very nice indeed !!!! so are you having a hard time picking which one to shoot in comps ????

• 4 weeks later...

The grip morphed again...This time Jim Shanahan textured and painted a grip and base pads for me. The pistol has come to it's final resting place, no more changes externally for this blaster!!

The Hulk grip was nice and all, but it didn't really go with my red/white/blue theme of my belt and magazine holders.....

This one does though!

post-4514-1239124139_thumb.jpg

Crappy picture I know,,,sorry about that.

Maybe Yamil would take some professional pictures if I sent him the pistol?

Shot my .40 Open in a match for the first time sunday. Worked awesome. VERY FUN! Still shooting my 180gr Ltd load. 26 round mag worked great too.

I mounted the Aimpoint nearly touching the slide so switching back and forth from open to limited is pretty easy.

Since it's now match tested I refinished it (the top end). Slide racker is on left to avoid my high thumb knuckle, I made it out of an aluminum .50 caliber cleaning rod, fitted to the old Bomar dove tail. I'm cheap and it fit the theme of this project (low budget). I started with my old 5" top end with sloppy fit barrel. I installed a sleeve in the link that the slide stop pin slides through to tighten it up. Worked out well. Cut slide and bull barrel back .5", reduced and threaded barrel for cone comp. First attempt at an open project but I have a feeling it won't be my last.

I'm going to test some 135gr Noslers just because I'm curious.

post-8536-1239247198_thumb.jpg

post-8536-1239247215_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
another one from GANS, will be in my hands tomorrow. I had Gary put a quinn mount instead of my normal barry. from the picture it looks pretty far forward, don't know if I will like that or not. I will keep everyone posted. also a picture with a JPoint and JV Dynamics mount.

If you need it back more, let me know, I'll swap it out with one that is .500 back and has two tabs that can be drilled and tapped to bring it back .750.

Best,

JT

Edited by JThompson

I like to have a thumb rest and the barry does not allow the use of one. there is only one company I know of making a thumb rest that can be modifed to use a barry.

Which company makes thumb rest that can be modifed to use a barry?

I modified an RHT pedal to fit on my Barry. Haven't put it on the gun just yet, but it'll fit now. The problem looks like it's going to be the space between the pedal and the body of the scope...just depends on the size of your thumb and how far you want it to go up the pedal.

That's the problem I had No space and the cant was an issue too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently switched from a C-More to a Jpoint frame mount. so far I'm liking the change. I was worried that the dot would be hard to track with the little screen, Hasn't been an issue. The guns is alittle lighter and the ejection port is wide open. The only issue is the dot is orange and it is slighty less obvious on paper, hopefully the C-more STS will actually be red

bedell%20jpoint_3.jpg

Edited by Supermoto

:ph34r: @ sabercat

that's sexxi

Now imagine it with the bottom front cutoff 1'' and running a 5" recoil system... ;) I'll let you shoot it when it's done.

Edited by norbs007

The couple... Beasely Custom Open and Limcat Sabercat.

:ph34r: @ sabercat

that's sexxi

Now imagine it with the bottom front cutoff 1'' and running a 5" recoil system... ;) I'll let you shoot it when it's done.

i'd take you up on it, but i'm not sure you want my tears on your gun :roflol:

lol.

i will next time i'm up your way, besides, i gotta talk to johnny haha