Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

The funny thing is I called a few big name smiths and som not so big name smiths and Johnny was some were in the middle and he is close to me so I have been able to check out and shoot a lot of the guns he has built. Keep in mind to that this was a face lift and not a new build I know a new build from him is not cheap. I was impressed with the fact that there was some things I never brought up but he took it upon himself to take care of like the old scope mount holes for example.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I've got to add mine into the list... I've been shooting a Hardy shorty for the last year and a half and after I found out that cleaning the extractor regularly is not optional, it runs like the energizer bunny. My only concern is that I am not sure who to turn to when the barrel needs replacement (which might be soon), it is my understanding that this is a unique barrel length so I am a little concernedpost-22148-1260812240_thumb.jpg

post-3361-1260336565_thumb.jpg

post-3361-1260336142_thumb.jpg

Maybe a couple more cuts then polished flats, blasted Tri top, lower bevel and frame and then off to IONBOND

(But whos handling Ionbond orders now)??

am not an Open gun shooter but that gun is beautiful!!!!! thats the way I would have an Open gun, 5" slide, light and short comp.

the cuts on the slide are what does it for me!

Edited by kimberacp

OK, I've got to add mine into the list... I've been shooting a Hardy shorty for the last year and a half and after I found out that cleaning the extractor regularly is not optional, it runs like the energizer bunny. My only concern is that I am not sure who to turn to when the barrel needs replacement (which might be soon), it is my understanding that this is a unique barrel length so I am a little concernedpost-22148-1260812240_thumb.jpg

From what I know and I'd talk to Chris at CPWSA.com, JL is really good about supporting those that have his gun... while he isn't making any new ones, I've heard he will work on those of his that are already in the wild.

Check with Chris for specific however.

Alan

Here's mine. It's a 9 major built by a friend.

Ya know what puzzles me... and I have 2 brand new ones that do the exact same thing...

What is it with gunsmiths now adays... why does the cut on the slide match the lower contour of the comps... I don't think I've see one from any gunsmith lately that does, there is always this 1/16" variance between the two contours... Is there some lake of metal that I'm not seeing that won't allow it?

Just curious,

Alan

Here's mine. It's a 9 major built by a friend.

Ya know what puzzles me... and I have 2 brand new ones that do the exact same thing...

What is it with gunsmiths now adays... why does the cut on the slide match the lower contour of the comps... I don't think I've see one from any gunsmith lately that does, there is always this 1/16" variance between the two contours... Is there some lake of metal that I'm not seeing that won't allow it?

Just curious,

Alan

The comp is an EGW that was a three port we cut the end off and added the last two side ports. I don't know why the dimensions are that way from the factory. I don't know if any other manufactures are different. Anyone else?

My first open gun arrived last week - not yet fired - it is a fantastic firearm. Infinity IMM 9x19 Open with signature steel grip.

More pictures here.

Very cool SV. Could use a few more holes in the barrel for me but still a very cool gun.

post-2818-1259721099_thumb.jpgHere is my second Matt Cheely 9 major.post-2818-1259721249_thumb.jpg

Matt did a great job on those guns Randy. That racker looks real nice too.

I just finished upgrading both my Gan's 9mm's. SV modular triggers (fitted to STI bows) to match the anodized aluminum parts including the STI grips. :cheers:

post-12164-1261259165_thumb.jpg

post-12164-1261259690_thumb.jpg

post-12164-1261259701_thumb.jpg

Edited by matt2ace

I found a guy who does anodizing for paintball guns as side (home) business.

~$100 each for all of the parts including grips, bead blasted and anodized with shipping and insurance.

He is very reasonably priced compared to some of the larger companies offering anodizing services.

http://www.topazanodizing.com/about-us

~$100 each for all of the parts including grips, bead blasted and anodized with shipping and insurance.

He is very reasonably priced compared to some of the larger companies offering anodizing services.

Which Red is that you have?

Which Red is that you have?

I am pretty sure that it is the deep red. Contact Josh and he can tell you more. He can get just about any shade you like.