Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick,

Between your Tanfoglio and your Cameron's Custom gun, how many mounts/optics have your tried? Be honest now, hast to be at least 5-6 mounts and the two optic platforms!

Hi, my name is Rick and I'm and opticholic.

7 and that doesn't count the different dot sizes and screwing around with tape on my glasses to shoot with my left, right or both eyes.

Fubared vision can make even strong men desperate in this sport. :P

edited because glassis was sphelt wrong.

Edited by Neomet

Flack Jacket, I love these guns!! They are the raciest things ever built.

Thanks AL !!! I like her too to put her in the safe and build another one while she still works.

I've been thinking of upgrading to a C more railway and custom mount. I guess I'll do that after the Tasco breaks.

After coming back to shooting this year, the gear has changed a whole bunch since 1994. Main difference I see is better designed comps, 170mm mags and 9mm major(woohoo!! my favorite change since the 175 PF).

Thanks to the people who likes the gun, had lots of people who didnt give it a chance since its a 9mm.

Well its a nice pistol in 9mm major, sight is Aimpoint CompC.

Slide, frame, and gripsection is in stainless but i would have preferd the titanium

grip with slide and frame in stainless. The gun shots 50mm 5 groups at 40 meters handheld with no problems.

Daa adjustable thumb rest and a sidewinder slide racker on the left side, oversized mag button and a customized

mag well. The rig is a Cr speed with a wsm II holster and four Guga ribas mag pouches.

Things to do with the gun is to build a new compensator, the one stuck to the gun now is a 3 ported but im sketching

on a new one with four ports and two at the sides, maybee take up a couple of holes in the barrel and losen some weight of the slide,

and perhaps mount a c-more or Docter.

If anybody have some info about where to get high capacity mag who will fit the

Sphinx i would be wery gratefull, for now i use rebuild cz mag with 26 round cap, would love to get my

hands on 30+ mags :rolleyes:

Edited by bult

Hi folks

The scope mount and the thumb rest are my own designs made in a cnc-mill. The idea of having the scope mounted in the right hand side is to get a better grip with the supporting hand on the left side. -It works verry well. There is a mount from double alpha academy made in a similar way.

The Aimpoint is verry plessant to use, there is no problem ejecting brass from the gun...

By the way, the comps are my desing as well. I don't know how they will work but it's a good start.

DVC

Let's bring it waaaay back with this one.......

8e68d750.jpg

Made Circa 1992 or 1993 when Springfield armory was importing Tanfolio and calling them P9. This was based on the P9 LSP (Long slide ported) I Can't remember exact year, it took the gunsmith 2+ years to finish one of two ordered. (Dad and mine, that's another story)

It was a tack driver then, I hope it's still competitive. The side ports and 2 port comp seems a bit dated but the weight of the pistol kept it flat shooting and side ports reduced alot of felt recoil.....

The Tasco PDP3 was the latest and greatest and the club members were modding the dot to 10MOA or larger... :surprise:

I don't believe 170mm mags were in effect yet, so at the time we added thick base pads and hollowed out the follower to cram in 23 or 24 rounds. State of the art at the time...... :roflol:

It's currently chambered in 9x21 and planning to bring this back out and shoot Open with this one once I find appropriate mags and re-barrel in 9x19.. I noticed Briley still makes 6 Inch barrels.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=159

• 3 weeks later...

Sent my gun to Limcat Customs for a face lift and Johnny just sent me these pictures Friday night and I should have Tuesday or so. It got all new trigger parts and hammer, slide racker, new comp cuz old one was gooberd and would not sit flush with the slide, the rest is mostly cosmetic and finished it of with hard chrome. Can’t wait to get it back and see if it shoots as good as it looks.

Here are some before and after pictures

Before

SVI_002.jpg

After

online1.jpg

Before

SVI_001-1.jpg

After

online2.jpg