Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my latest. 5" Brazos SC in 38 superomp. It is built on a short/wide with the frame lightened and a hollow steel guiderod. I haven't shot it much but it seems to handle/transition about as fast as my Pro SX, which is built on a cut down unlightended, long/wide frame. Now if I could just find the time to shoot them...

DSC01400.jpg

DSC01398.jpg

DSC01402.jpg

Readin this thread is gonna cost me a fortune! I keep telling myself that Limited is just fine... but the dark side is a callin'.

That's the beginning :cheers: It won't be long man :)

You will have it before you know it. :roflol:

5" Brazos SC in 38 superomp. It is built on a short/wide with the frame lightened and a hollow steel guiderod.

DSC01400.jpg

Thanks for the inside frame pic. It makes me think because I have also short wide frame and I have been thinking it's extra weight versus short standart frame. That was nice frame lightened.

Thanks for the inside frame pic. It makes me think because I have also short wide frame and I have been thinking it's extra weight versus short standart frame. That was nice frame lightened.

Yup. Even though it's on the inside of the frame, the work is immaculate.

Edited by al503

Yup. Even though it's on the inside of the frame, the work is immaculate.

I think it is the best part with your frame lightened. It don't show outside at all but it is light anyway and inside it looks like very professional job (plain and simple solution). I have to say I am impressed. I like short/wide frame better than short/standart frame for limited guns but I don't like the extra weight. You just show me how to do it without touching the outside at all. Thanks! :D

My new open gun in the making. Almost 90 percent done. Full size 9 open major. Courtesy of LIMCAT. I'm glad he was able to come up with these V6 ports like my screen name as he was calling it mini turbos. Thanks for looking.

Hi turbocomp38s

Is your new gun ready?

If it is how are those V6 ports working?

All these STI's now another place to show my CZ SPO1 off!!!!!

How did you attach the comp? TS Barrel?

Andreas

Champion Comp is a cone style comp. The SPO1 barrel was threaded and the barrel bushing was removed. It was "timed" by slightly milling the face of the slide and a extended guide rod to keep it from rotating. Send me contact info.....I may be talking to a machine shop soon and have some of these made with a thread pattern of 1/2 x 28tpi without the cone. Basically just screwing it onto a threaded barrel. If it is worth it then this may be a product to run through my friends business.

7_20_08_060SPO1.bmp

Edited by philg80

My new open gun in the making. Almost 90 percent done. Full size 9 open major. Courtesy of LIMCAT. I'm glad he was able to come up with these V6 ports like my screen name as he was calling it mini turbos. Thanks for looking.

Hi turbocomp38s

Is your new gun ready?

If it is how are those V6 ports working?

Yes sir. I have shot it once and those V6 ports are wroking very well. I 'll post some pics later. Thanks for asking.

I guess I'll play too.

It started out as a factory SV, then a new 38SC top end was built by Millennium Custom. After I bought it I sent it off to Gans Guns where the slide was lightened and it was converted to 9 major. I still haven't gotten any cookies though. <_<

OpenMajor9.jpg

Edited by 03k64

I guess I'll play too.

It started out as a factory SV, then a new 38SC top end was built by Millennium Custom. After I bought it I sent it off to Gans Guns where the slide was lightened and it was converted to 9 major. I still haven't gotten any cookies though. <_<

OpenMajor9.jpg

And amazinglly it works too...

I guess I'll play too.

And amazinglly it works too...

Yup, I haven't had any hiccups at all. :knocks wood:

Readin this thread is gonna cost me a fortune! I keep telling myself that Limited is just fine... but the dark side is a callin'

Well I am in the process of turning something else (gold, silver, or guns) into cash for an Open gun. My toy fund is depleted at the moment, but there is always a way. I have a line on one right now that is short an optic, but otherwise ready to go.

Readin this thread is gonna cost me a fortune! I keep telling myself that Limited is just fine... but the dark side is a callin'

Well I am in the process of turning something else (gold, silver, or guns) into cash for an Open gun. My toy fund is depleted at the moment, but there is always a way. I have a line on one right now that is short an optic, but otherwise ready to go.

We told you that resistance is futile. :cheers: Keep us updated..