Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet Jason! Bet that will shine with the new grip/magwell!

Thanks. Now I can join you guys on the dark side for awhile. I hear the kool-aid is great.

and the barbecue cooked from the blast of our comps :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Chris Tilley was doing that for a little while. I made his dad some titanium blanks back in '02 or something. Never heard what they thought of the wide comp. Sounded like a good idea to me. Nice job.

I ended up with those guns after Chris moved to SVI. They shoot really soft and after about 30k I finally craked the big comp that I liked the best. With a few changes we could have resolved the problem all together but once I shot the IMM gun from SV the others got retired and I now shoot an IMM with the stainless steel grip.

Anyway here are my open guns. I have too many now but I cnnot bring myself to sell them in these current times of uncertainty.

post-9772-1230832145_thumb.jpg

post-9772-1230832162_thumb.jpg

post-9772-1230832184_thumb.jpg

Edited by scirocco38s

I guess I will update a post I made a few years back. I posted my Caspian open gun even though I have never shot open, I got it in 1995, built just the way I wanted by Wayne Berquist in FL, and made it all silver and gray. I shot it in two matches and then I stopped shooting.

In 2005 I was thinking about starting back up in USPSA and the wife buys me an Edge for my birthday so I had to start shooting USPSA again. I have been shooting limited for the past few years and picked up a few more iron sighted STI's so now I am so used to them. I have been thinking about Open but going back to the Caspian means going to a totally different set up, gun/mags/holster. Been thinking about an STI based open gun but not really persuing it with much priority.

Well I guess destiny has a funny way of working because this factory SV falls in my lap and it is almost the twin of my Caspian including being all grey. It is a 9x23 and had the all important SV mags with it along with 3,000+ Winchester 9x23 brass. So it looks like I will be going over to the dark side and see what that is like. :D I have shot it in a few local matches and been getting some pratice in trying to get used to it. I am still a little slow with it trying to get used to the dot thing but I am really liking it.

Neal in AZ

post-922-1230832085_thumb.jpg

Edited by Intel6

Just recently started shooting in Open, and I can say I'm really having a good time. Totally whole new game with an Open gun.

Here's my new to me blaster that I picked up this summer, before and after.

What she looked like about 6 months ago:

sv03.jpg

And "Now", minus the thumb rest, which didn't work for me. She's still hardly "final", still fooling around with parts to see what I like and what works. I'm stuffing coin away for when I find that combination and will something prettier built. This one is one I can hack on without much guilt.

SVIfinal002.jpg

I guess I will update a post I made a few years back. I posted my Caspian open gun even though I have never shot open, I got it in 1995, built just the way I wanted by Wayne Berquist in FL, and made it all silver and gray. I shot it in two matches and then I stopped shooting.

In 2005 I was thinking about starting back up in USPSA and the wife buys me an Edge for my birthday so I had to start shooting USPSA again. I have been shooting limited for the past few years and picked up a few more iron sighted STI's so now I am so used to them. I have been thinking about Open but going back to the Caspian means going to a totally different set up, gun/mags/holster. Been thinking about an STI based open gun but not really persuing it with much priority.

Well I guess destiny has a funny way of working because this factory SV falls in my lap and it is almost the twin of my Caspian including being all grey. It is a 9x23 and had the all important SV mags with it along with 3,000+ Winchester 9x23 brass. So it looks like I will be going over to the dark side and see what that is like. :D I have shot it in a few local matches and been getting some pratice in trying to get used to it. I am still a little slow with it trying to get used to the dot thing but I am really liking it.

Neal in AZ

post-922-1230832085_thumb.jpg

Nice guns! I like the caspian, but I am partial to them. If you ever want to part ways with it let me know. I'll give it a nice home.