Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some pics of my new open 9mm

Adam, who's scope mount is that? For a Docter, right? Titanium comp or stainless?

The scope mount is a EGW Doctor mount and it has been machined to 1/4 of an inch and the comp is a titanium Bedell with one of the front baffles machined off.

Since I got a slot to the Open/L10 Nationals I decided that it was time to upgrade my open gun. The old one was a Clark .45 Super Comp. The new one is a used EGW built on a SVI frame and Caspian slide. I just picked it up today, so I don't know how it shoots yet.

post-6529-1177454667.jpg

DOPE!! I thought I had posted some shots of my Open guns but after going through all of the replies I didn't see any shots of my guns so here they are. I need to shoot some new photos of both of them just for giggles, maybe this weekend I will get something done about that. Anyway, here they are:

Kimber Classic Custom in .45 ACP for pin shooting: Clark Custom drop in barrel with one inch comp; EGW magwell; Red Buff scope mount topped with a Tasco PDP5 CMP; Ed Brown two piece guide rod. I am shooting 200 grain hollow points over 8.1 grains of Longshot with WLP primers.

I also started shooting USPSA with this gun about four years ago, I know way outdated stuff but it worked and I learned to do mag changes OFTEN. lol When I was shooting USPSA with it I was running Berry's 185 HBRN through it.

pingun003.jpg

pingun004.jpg

STI 5.5 Eagle: This gun came to me set up for a Doctor with some 126mm mags and factory pads. Since then I have added an Alchin scope mount and C-More, STI Stainless Steel magwell, extended ejector, one piece guide rod, extended slide stop (not in photos), a tuned 170mm STI mag, tuned 140mm STI mag and Dawson +2 pads to the 126mm mags. The gun was originally sold as a frame/slide kit back in 1993 according to STI. After that it was sent back to STI and Dawson built the gun when he was still at STI. When I bought the gun it had less than 1000 rounds through it and it showed, the gun was hardly broken in yet. Since then I have shot about 5000 rounds through it, over the last year. Anyway, here are the photos of the STI (both before and after shots).

Before:

Mvc_003f.jpg

Mvc_002f.jpg

After:

STIOpenGun003.jpg

Joe W.

Two more photos of my STI

STIOpenGun002.jpg

STIOpenGun001.jpg

Note: Notice the old school slide stop (earlier post) from STI as well as their old logo design. I love this gun and it should last me many many years.

Joe W.

I had a frame that had a serial # that started with SS____. It was a Tripp frame. Both of the frames that start with ST____ are STI frames with an Austin address.

I did see a gun built on a frame that started with a single "S" and had 2 digits after it. Supposedly belonged to somebody involved with the development of the tooling to make the grips and frames

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Okay, I'll play. Here's my Dragoncat!

dragoncat.jpg

bro,

I need a favor.could pls. send me the info of mr. johnny lim LIMCAT...

are u a pinoy?just asking thank u....

• 1 month later...
DSCN0962_400x300.JPG

DSCN0955_400x300.JPG

DSCN0956_400x300.JPG

DSCN0949_400x300.JPG

Here's a new open gun I built for myself and just got back from Metaloy. It's a 6" Schuemann TriBrid AET in 38 Super. Extreme hammer, sear, and disconnector; Dawson toolless guide rod system; STI frame, slide, safeties, and magwell; Aftec extractor; and an Allchin scope mount with a cut back blast shield. The C-More I used for about four years and recently had it rebuilt. The slide is from a prize table (thanks STI!). I ground out the front serrations and gave it a Hipower cut as well as flatten the rear and remove the Aristocrat sight cut.

I built this one specifically for Bianchi Open Modified and it shoots great with the Bianchi loads - a real tackdriver. With major loads it hits back pretty hard but stays flat so I can shoot it awfully fast. That's good since I'm about to rebuild my old warhorse open gun and still need something to shoot in USPSA in the meantime. Weight empty is 42oz.

Kevin

Is that the steel gun you showed me at the USSA match ? If so you told me it need a new home. Are you still interested in selling it. If so please let me know.

Thanks

Carl Frazier

Edited by IYAOYAS

• 11 months later...

Not sure why I haven't added this before. Bedell Shorty in 38SC. It's had IonBond done in the same color scheme and looks the same with the exception of the logo on the comp. I also changed the trigger to an SV interchageable with short curved insert (in silver). R,

Bedell1.bmp

Not sure why I haven't added this before. Bedell Shorty in 38SC. It's had IonBond done in the same color scheme and looks the same with the exception of the logo on the comp. I also changed the trigger to an SV interchageable with short curved insert (in silver). R,

Bedell1.bmp

Very very nice Bart!

Bedell1.bmp

Very very nice Bart!

Thanks....it's been awesome and runs like a top. Two matches ago I had my first malfunction in 10+K....loose primer pocket and the primer backed out and caught on the breechface. Can't really blame the gun for a case that'd been loaded a dozen times. I'm stuck in a hotel and hadn't planned on shooting the match....brought some practice ammo and didn't want to burn up the stuff I had for the sectional the following week.

I literally just got off the phone with Derek at Millenium and he's going to build my new gun in the next couple of weeks! It's gonna be cool :cheers:

Gman,

You have to give more details than that....you can't just say I'm having a new gun built and then leave it there.

LOL...fair enough. The general plan is a gun that's between a shorty and full size slide, Schuemann barrel (standard, not bull) and Derek's cone comp in 38SC. We're going back and forth between a Ti cone comp and his newly redesigned steel cone comp. He says the new design is more efficient and flatter, but he can't get it in Ti right now. It'll probably come down to balance. Standard STI short, wide frame and STi slide, Koenig hammer, EGW sear & disconnector, SV interchangeable trigger system, SV safeties, one of my own grips, CR Speed *thumb rest [generic]*, Dawson ICE, Shooter's Connection scope mount & Sidewinder racker, and black click C-More.

The idea is to get a gun that balances right at the trigger (about where my right middle finger is) like the Bedell and is maybe a touch flatter and lighter. I love the Bedell, but now that I've got some sponsorship help from Mike at Schuemann and Derek at Millenium, I figured I really should be shooting a gun that at reflects that. I went with the same scope mount so that I can go back and forth between the Bedell and the Millenium if necessary and not worry about finding the dot. Derek said we could always change things later if I decide I'd like it lighter/heavier etc. After it's finalized it'll probably go back for Ion Bond...can't wait!