Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poll: How Many Chronographs Have You Murdered?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Chrony that I've shot the uprights a couple times but the little device is so bad and frustating to use that one of this days I will shoot it right on the center of the screen where it shows ERRR all the time...

• 1 month later...

Shot mine with a S&W 610, full 10mm load. Shooting, then hand writing down the #'s not to lose them. Knew something was "not right" when I saw the serial cable to the remote display stripping off the shooting bench like I had hooked a 10lb bass.

I later called for replacement parts and when the young lady answered the phone "Shooting Chrony" - I responded with "you got that right".

Could hear her smile on the phone and she went on to say "Okay, what do we need" ...

• 1 month later...

I haven't personally killed any BUT my younger brother has borrowed mine and killed it twice. First one was with his .44 Apparently he flinches more than he thought. The second was with his AR-15. Apparently the sight tower is taller than he thought. Well those are his stories and as long as he keeps buying me new chrono's when he shoots them I 'll buy his stories of how he shot them.

• 3 months later...

I've been told shooting a Chrono is just like a DQ. If you haven't had one, you will. Mine was a year old before it met its fate...took the hind quarter off with a 200gr SWC...still alive but a little goofy now.

Edited by honda01

• 3 weeks later...

I have managed to shoot the support wires on my Shooting Chrony, yanking them completely out of the assembly, no less than 4 times. The last time actually broke the electronics loose from the metal housing. After all of the carnage it still works!

I have managed to shoot the support wires on my Shooting Chrony, yanking them completely out of the assembly, no less than 4 times. The last time actually broke the electronics loose from the metal housing. After all of the carnage it still works!

:-)

Wounded mine at 400yds. Still works but the front support still shows 308 influence. About to get into reloading. I'm saving some cash just in case when I do it again.

Just curious, how is it you are shooting at a chrono at 400 yards?

BTW: What part of W. Texas? I grew up in Lamesa. Finally saw a live tree when I moved to E. Tx. Pretty cool things these trees.

Edited by jlamphere

• 2 months later...

OK now i am afraid to use my brand new chronograph... so i need some directions.. i am shooting a open pistol with a CMore scope..

at 5 ft (recommended) distance... where is the "SAFE" place to aim .. not to shoot my chrono ??????

OK now i am afraid to use my brand new chronograph... so i need some directions.. i am shooting a open pistol with a CMore scope..

at 5 ft (recommended) distance... where is the "SAFE" place to aim .. not to shoot my chrono ??????

If you are going to shoot USPSA/IPSC with that gun, then you need to chrono at 10 feet.

Place a piece of tape across the rods, about half way up and use that for your aiming point.

• 3 years later...

It is with a heavy heart that I am posting to announce that my trusty old Competition Electronics Pro-Tach took a 9mm bullet today, and died a quick death.

I got that around '88 or so and was always there when I needed it....I had named it Brad. :roflol:

Oh well, time to move into the 21st century. The ProChrono w/blue tooth looks nice. :cheers:

The prochrono w/blue tooth is a nice feature to have. The app does all the maths for you. You just have to input the bullet weight and other specs and you are good to go. It even graphs the shots for you