Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poll: How Many Chronographs Have You Murdered?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I kissed mine once :blink:, a buddy took out the front pair of diffusers.  Let him buy me a lunch at A3 that year, and I eat well!

But I've seen several wounded.  Shooting Chrony with the box and the screens as one, now those get murdered!

I've lost 2 skyscreens for my CED M2, due to my constant, or rough, handling of them.  Seems the cable separated on one at the screen and the other must have a break in the cable somewhere.  I use the CED Case but probably chrono something every 2 weeks and all the bouncing on the deck of the bush hog might have something to do with it. 

Never shot a chrono, but I absolutely destroyed my cellphone one day at the range.

I clipped to a pocket on the range bag and set the range bag on the bench in front/to the left of me so I could hear the phone ring and remember to take some pictures.

While sighting in an AR15 with a scope on it I was working my way across the three targets I'd stapled up when I hear my youngest son holler, "Wow!  Cool man!  Wait till I show my buddies these pictures."  I asked him what he was talking about and he just repeated the phrases about cool, pictures, show friends, etc.  I asked again and repeated the (at the time) non-sensical phrases.  I raised up off the rifle and asked him what in the hell he was hollering about and he said, "You just blew your cellphone all to hell." 

I looked at the range bag and only the back half of the phone (with some pieces missing) was still hanging on the pocket.  The rest was spread out across the old brass and dirt in front of the bench towards the target line.  I picked up the pieces at the next opportunity and carried them all home.

You just can't see stuff up close through a scope.  Twisting to the right, to aim at the target on the left got that phone good.  Didn't put a mark on the range bag either.

9 minutes ago, M1A4ME said:

Never shot a chrono, but I absolutely destroyed my cellphone one day at the range.

I clipped to a pocket on the range bag and set the range bag on the bench in front/to the left of me so I could hear the phone ring and remember to take some pictures.

While sighting in an AR15 with a scope on it I was working my way across the three targets I'd stapled up when I hear my youngest son holler, "Wow!  Cool man!  Wait till I show my buddies these pictures."  I asked him what he was talking about and he just repeated the phrases about cool, pictures, show friends, etc.  I asked again and repeated the (at the time) non-sensical phrases.  I raised up off the rifle and asked him what in the hell he was hollering about and he said, "You just blew your cellphone all to hell." 

I looked at the range bag and only the back half of the phone (with some pieces missing) was still hanging on the pocket.  The rest was spread out across the old brass and dirt in front of the bench towards the target line.  I picked up the pieces at the next opportunity and carried them all home.

You just can't see stuff up close through a scope.  Twisting to the right, to aim at the target on the left got that phone good.  Didn't put a mark on the range bag either.

Take it in and see if the manufacturer or the phone company will replace it under warranty.

17 hours ago, magoo said:

Had mine for about 15 years. Let a buddy use it and it came back shot. He is a good bud ,bought me a new one.

Something very similar just happened to me. Had my chrono for 5 years and have put lots of rounds over it. Loaned it to a buddy and it came back shot up. He also did the right thing and replaced it. Even added the light kit for it. Good to have friends like that lol

• 5 months later...

Not the brain just the senors 2x on the Pact mk 1 , need the to sent brain and senors to be R squared ,the senors are outdated /out of stock / out of production --pick one !  , Now have a Labradar so I can't shoot it ez ,with out pulling a shot real badly .  The nice folks at Free Idaho dot com have a cheap fix for you chromo killers --- plate steel and angle iron .  

Edited by shriner

• 2 weeks later...