Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics Class - What Red-Dot?

topslop1

Allowed to have a slide-riding red dot optic.  I was looking at the Trijicon SRO - but I figure I should ask here first; 

What are people using for a nice big window and easy to pick up red-dot / optic?

Thanks.

The Sig Romeo 1 Pro is a good size, easy controls, reliable and reasonably priced.  Above that is the Romeo 3 Max or XL. 

Edited by jwhittin

I’ve pretty much exclusively moved to Holosun’s. I have 4 507 Comp’s. Luv em’. 3 Red and a green. I have an astigmatism. My glasses fix it so now I see I perfect dot. That being said. I see the red dot better. I like the green. And have several other dots in green (supposed to be easier to see in bright sunlight…it’s debatable). But for some reason even with my glasses the red dots are just a hair crisper. 

I have a Romeo3Max ( 3 MOA ) on an X5, Holosun 507COMP's on a couple of Glocks and a MECANIK 03 on a Canik Rival S.  All 3 work pretty well.

Of the 3 the Holosun  507Comp 3 MOA is the safe bet. 

The Max is TOO much money, I'd never buy one again. (As is SRO)

The MECANIK 03 is looks pretty good and is CHEAP ($200 delivered) but it's too early to tell if it will hold up.  If it holds up they will have out Holosun'd, Holosun! 😁

FIW to my eye the dots are all about the same size, the brightness effects apparent size more than what is listed on the box - 3 MOA or 6 MOA.  Window are big enough on all 3.

Below:

RIval S/ME03 - Glock 34 / Holosun 507 Comp - Sig X5 /MAX

IMG_0228.jpeg.e1d6a19b23d94d8948366709789644df.jpegIMG_0229.jpeg.84ec61cb1f6344feb6569d9e0572b272.jpegIMG_0230.jpeg.f45c076ccff4264dcd622c5fccd685ce.jpegIMG_0232.jpeg.a1b0502e141429cdd420818355735c42.jpegIMG_0233.jpeg.9026712fc646fa715f1451f58a211c2b.jpeg

IMG_0231.jpeg

Edited by Chutist

I like the idea of the 507 comp but the dot is not crisp for my eyeballs. The SRO looks best to me.

Also, Carry Optics is a division.

Your class is A, B, C, D M, GM etc. 🤙

I have the 507 Comp and the SRO. Both are red and both haven't had any issues. For some reason I find the SRO is the one I prefer. I really can't articulate why; they both work great. The construction of the 507 definitely seems like it would be stronger, but I do like the controls on the SRO better. 

Edited by generjoe

This is the OP's first post.... Its ether a get me to 50 post count effort so I can sell stuff or they are too lazy to look at the existing 97923402384 threads that already exist on this topic. The Search Function on this forum is your friend, use it.

1 hour ago, CHA-LEE said:

This is the OP's first post.... Its ether a get me to 50 post count effort so I can sell stuff or they are too lazy to look at the existing 97923402384 threads that already exist on this topic. The Search Function on this forum is your friend, use it.

Or maybe he’s brand new to forums and doesn’t know all the cool gadgets to use like the search function. 

He at least had an actual question instead of a bunch of “that’s cool” “sweet”, “I have that same gun” etc…. That most of the classified seekers do. 

On 4/28/2024 at 10:17 AM, iflyskyhigh said:

I’ve pretty much exclusively moved to Holosun’s. I have 4 507 Comp’s. Luv em’. 3 Red and a green. I have an astigmatism. My glasses fix it so now I see I perfect dot. That being said. I see the red dot better. I like the green. And have several other dots in green (supposed to be easier to see in bright sunlight…it’s debatable). But for some reason even with my glasses the red dots are just a hair crisper. 

What glasses/lenses did you get to help with your astigmatism? Even with my current prescription I have a decent bit of starburst when the dot is turned up.

• 2 weeks later...