Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Price increase 2024

Daslinger

Some information.

Looks like the wait for a new Atlas is 8 months and growing.

No wonder my new gun is taking so long.

New prices starting Jan 1. 

Ares: 6000 to 6600
Athena: 5600 to 5900
Artemis RDS: 6700 to 7300
Erebus: 6800 to 7400
Nyx RDS: 5400 to 5700
Titan RDS: 5000 to 5700

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Daslinger said:

Some information.

Looks like the wait for a new Atlas is 8 months and growing.

No wonder my new gun is taking so long.

New prices starting Jan 1. 

Ares: 6000 to 6600
Athena: 5600 to 5900
Artemis RDS: 6700 to 7300
Erebus: 6800 to 7400
Nyx RDS: 5400 to 5700
Titan RDS: 5000 to 5700

Is this a price list of cars or guns?🤣

2 hours ago, Nathanb said:

Puts them right into the custom game range.  So many options out there at that price point p

Yeah, most of these are a little above even the full custom range for a few builders. I don't think Atlas was worth it at their previous price point, even less so now.

37 minutes ago, lroy said:

I'm assuming they're getting backed up by all the tactical guys buying them. Seems like there's far more money in that market than race guns.

I don't think they even make open guns anymore.

I agree, there's always been far more money in the tactical / "normie" market for guns. A lot larger population, including people who are more of the collector type who will pay up for perceived status symbols vs. actual performance. On top of that, they usually barely shoot, so almost no warranty claims to deal with. Much more daunting to serve the competition market and know your gun is going to have to hold up to being shot 10-20k rounds a year on average

It does require a strong brand name, Infinity and Atlas are now at that point being well known, so that people with those guns can brag to those with "only" stacccatos how nice their guns are. But reality is that there are full custom gun makers that will make nicer guns to your exact spec for the same or lower price.

Edited by whan

Price increases are never fun, but this is really business 101. As a business owner, if your product supply is struggling to meet the demand then it makes sense to increase the price of the product.

That and welcome to the reality of inflation....... Everything is increasing in cost, why would this not apply to that reality? You think that custom builders are NOT also raising their prices as well?

Often wonder what the extra two grand for one of these guns versus something like an MPA get you. I know some MPAs have had to go back to be fixed, but I also know atlases sometimes have to go back to be fixed. I get that an MPA is not finished out as well as an atlas, but does that matter on the clock?

I'm not now and will probably never be a GM since I don't practice, but even at the highest level I wonder if you are buying any performance benefit or if it's just a nicer looking gun? If it's the latter I don't know that I would ever spend the extra two grand

If I remember right when Infinity had their world shoot Christian S showed up with an MPA and took everybody's money. I could be wrong on that but I think that's what happened, at least in The limited optics division or whatever they called it

22 hours ago, RJH said:

Often wonder what the extra two grand for one of these guns versus something like an MPA get you. I know some MPAs have had to go back to be fixed, but I also know atlases sometimes have to go back to be fixed. I get that an MPA is not finished out as well as an atlas, but does that matter on the clock?

I'm not now and will probably never be a GM since I don't practice, but even at the highest level I wonder if you are buying any performance benefit or if it's just a nicer looking gun? If it's the latter I don't know that I would ever spend the extra two grand

If I remember right when Infinity had their world shoot Christian S showed up with an MPA and took everybody's money. I could be wrong on that but I think that's what happened, at least in The limited optics division or whatever they called it

"Does it matter on the clock?"..... The answer to that is obvious when National & Area Titles are being won with $1000 or less plastic fantastic guns. If your only requirement is the minimum functionality to "WIN MATCHES" then get an off the shelf gun that is reliable and accurate then invest $5,000 - $10,000 into your training and ammo. .

But embracing the suck to put in the $$$, time and work to actually perform better in matches isn't as "Fun" as buying cool looking expensive guns. This is why you see a bunch of competitors at matches with an Expensive gun on their hip with very little invested in their training.

8 minutes ago, CHA-LEE said:

"Does it matter on the clock?"..... The answer to that is obvious when National & Area Titles are being won with $1000 or less plastic fantastic guns. If your only requirement is the minimum functionality to "WIN MATCHES" then get an off the shelf gun that is reliable and accurate then invest $5,000 - $10,000 into your training and ammo. .

But embracing the suck to put in the $$$, time and work to actually perform better in matches isn't as "Fun" as buying cool looking expensive guns. This is why you see a bunch of competitors at matches with an Expensive gun on their hip with very little invested in their training.

👍🏻

Gone are the days where companies provide a good product at a reasonable price e and value.  Now they're out to screw most of their customer base and see how much they can get away with.  Especially today where steel and other commodity pricing is DROPPING, their prices are rising.  Let me guess.... COVID is still affecting their supply chain???  Gimme a break. 

Edited by Douglee25

4 hours ago, Douglee25 said:

Gone are the days where companies provide a good product at a reasonable price e and value.  Now they're out to screw most of their customer base and see how much they can get away with.  Especially today where steel and other commodity pricing is DROPPING, their prices are rising.  Let me guess.... COVID is still affecting their supply chain???  Gimme a break. 

I don’t think so. 
1) Costs go up…….faster in the last few years than before.

2) Their business seems like it more than doubled in a short period of time.

3) It’s not something necessary to life like water or medicine.

4) And by raising their prices  may get back towards equilibrium where they don’t have as long a wait for their customers.

On 12/19/2023 at 11:57 AM, whan said:

I agree, there's always been far more money in the tactical / "normie" market for guns. A lot larger population, including people who are more of the collector type who will pay up for perceived status symbols vs. actual performance. On top of that, they usually barely shoot, so almost no warranty claims to deal with. Much more daunting to serve the competition market and know your gun is going to have to hold up to being shot 10-20k rounds a year on average

It does require a strong brand name, Infinity and Atlas are now at that point being well known, so that people with those guns can brag to those with "only" stacccatos how nice their guns are. But reality is that there are full custom gun makers that will make nicer guns to your exact spec for the same or lower price.

Yep,  if you go on other forums that have a lot of tactical-timmies.  The Staccato owners can no longer flex on people because of how many timmies now have Staccatos, so they get an Atlas guns now.    It's funny now that they have "discovered" the 2011 market thru Staccato's instagram influencers 

37 minutes ago, Supermoto said:

Yep,  if you go on other forums that have a lot of tactical-timmies.  The Staccato owners can no longer flex on people because of how many timmies now have Staccatos, so they get an Atlas guns now.    It's funny now that they have "discovered" the 2011 market thru Staccato's instagram influencers 

Ive been a member on a few "1911" forums for a while now and I find it funny when people just hop onto the latest $5k + gun, defend it to the death as far as how awesome and amazing it looks, fight anyone with varying opinions....only to sell it a few weeks / months later, and ask for close to full/new pricing...lol

46 minutes ago, Supermoto said:

I remember the days when I got my first titan for $3400 and my titan se for 3700...those were the days. For some reason I shoot my canik rival, walther pdp and glocks faster, better and more accurate than the 2011s.

New to the forum btw...hope to learn a ton here!!

My first brand-new Dawson open gun was a skosh under $2K... Can barely get a Walther PDP SF for that now. :D

Steel prices may be down but that is nothing compared to everything else that's up.  Even dumb things like CNC machine coolant cost twice what they did a not long ago.  

I found a receipt for a factory new Glock 23 bought retail from a gun store in 1999 the other day.  $379 out the door.  Greedy bastards at Glock.  Those things should be free by now with the volume they do. 😗

5 minutes ago, shred said:

My first brand-new Dawson open gun was a skosh under $2K... Can barely get a Walther PDP SF for that now. :D

Steel prices may be down but that is nothing compared to everything else that's up.  Even dumb things like CNC machine coolant cost twice what they did a not long ago.  

I found a receipt for a factory new Glock 23 from a gun store in 1999 the other day.  $379 out the door.  Greedy bastards at Glock.  Those things should be free by now with the volume they do.

First ever competition gun was a Dawson precision Edge (9mm). Then I proceeded to send it out to robar for electroless nickel. Thus the problems began :(. Learned my lesson