Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Price increase 2024

Daslinger

1 hour ago, Supermoto said:

Yep,  if you go on other forums that have a lot of tactical-timmies.  The Staccato owners can no longer flex on people because of how many timmies now have Staccatos, so they get an Atlas guns now.    It's funny now that they have "discovered" the 2011 market thru Staccato's instagram influencers 

And then now that Atlas has become well-known, you have people wanting to even flex on them by getting Infinity which is considered higher prestige. The video by 1911 syndicate made them mainstream across timmies IMO, in addition to another relatively recent one by Colion

But I guess gun culture has always been that way, a lot of people who mostly collect vs. actually shoot, and where there is a strong emphasis on having the most top tier or most rugged gear, even if you'll never come close to utilizing those capabilities. I had to talk a number of friends into not getting the Trijicon RMRcc on their CCW guns (because it kind of sucks), who were literally only going to buy it because of the brand perception

Granted, I'm not immune to it either, I do love custom guns, my AR-15 is a KAC SR-15 (bought prior to the GarandThumb Video and crazy hype), and I use a JP5 for PCC. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Daslinger said:

But why now ?

IMO Limited Optics is fueling the growth.

And out of curiosity did Sailer shoot an Artemis for a time in competition ?

IDK about that, but I'm pretty sure he shot an MPA at that "world shoot" in DFW area

3 minutes ago, notanoperator993 said:

I thought he won shooting an Eddie Garcia (EMG) gun?

I think that was his open gun, when he won the other part shooting limited optics or whatever they called it I think he was shooting an MPA, but I could definitely be wrong

Just now, RJH said:

I think that was his open gun, when he won the other part shooting limited optics or whatever they called it I think he was shooting an MPA, but I could definitely be wrong

If he was shooting an MPA, thats promising for the brand. I know theyve had their share of issues with QA/QC, but seem to be a good deal for the $$$.

26 minutes ago, Supermoto said:

I never put much weight into who shoots what gun.   Sometimes the company isn't the actual builder of the gun

Pretty sure MPA builds all their guns in-house. Be nice if MPA could get Sailer as one of their TEAM MPA shooters.

38 minutes ago, Supermoto said:

I never put much weight into who shoots what gun.   Sometimes the company isn't the actual builder of the gun

I agree, and the top shooters will still win no matter what they shoot! What they shoot is more driven by the sponsorship package offered than the actual capabilities of the 'tool'.

I am an elderly person and started shooting 13 years ago in order to gain enough balance so I did not need a cane or walker to prevent frequent falls.  Since starting pistol shooting I have not had a fall and can walk normally.  My favorite pistols were CZ shadow II and the Czechmate. 3 years ago I developed tendinitis in my right hand shooting 9 mm and then shot only 22 cal (S and w model 41 and Volquartsen Mark Three 22/45).  I  watch Honest Outlaw and his wife liked the Athena because of low recoil.  I immediately bought an Athena and as a backup an Artemis because 1911 type guns need to be tuned frequently.  Both pistols have very low recoil and I can shoot 100 rounds of 9 mm three times a week with no hand pain. Both guns have been tuned by Atlas Gunworks for a reasonable price with fast shipping. They have palm swells and the ergonomics are similar to CZ's.  In my situation it has been worth the cost.  The trigger pulls are similar to the Czechmate (0.7 ounce vs. 1.7 ounce for the Atlas guns).

On 12/28/2023 at 12:03 AM, TheBlackSeven said:

man,  just when i was close to socking away my savings and they are raising their prices.  Guess i have to wait a little longer. Shucks. 

Might work out to your benefit. I just saw in an email from Portside that Atlas is releasing 2 new models this month. 

On 12/21/2023 at 8:01 AM, notanoperator993 said:

I remember the days when I got my first titan for $3400 and my titan se for 3700...those were the days.

I thought I saw a video years ago, where the dude that runs Atlas made indicating his goal was to build semi custom 2011 guns at a price point of $3,500 to $4,000 with super short lead times.  I imagine what happened is they realized there was a larger market than they anticipated and realized they could charge more to do demand alone.  They did keep their wait time around 3 months until LO came along and once that became a thing it opened the flood gates which has extended their wait times up to what seems to be a year as it stands.

At the end of the day it is most likely a story of supply and demand.  If the demand supersedes your supply it allows you to charge more.  Pretty simple really.  Something every person on this forum would do if they were in the same position.  

While I own 2 Atlas guns, I would be willing to go elsewhere to see what others have to offer at better price points due to the current price points of Atlas guns.  A cool thing that has seem to come out of Atlas being able to charge what they are is they can now well parts to other builders to build guns.  I noted the Atlas Alpha grip (which is a large reason I went with Atlas) on other builders builds.  I think that is a win for everyone.  

Yes, supply and demand, so don't forget that some materials have almost doubled in cost, transportation costs more, wages cost more, rent/lease/utilities and taxes will cost more, and just like us every time Adam and his employees go to the supermarket, gas station, etc. it costs a lot more than it did 4 years ago.

So, yes, supply and demand.

Nolan

16 hours ago, JRM83 said:

Might work out to your benefit. I just saw in an email from Portside that Atlas is releasing 2 new models this month. 

I imagine they will be announced at SHOT show later this month. I've got 5 months to go on my Athena order. Wonder if they'll let me switch if they announce something Interesting.

Lots of quality builders out there that could build you a custom gun. They may not be as well known, but they make some of the best blasters out there.

20 hours ago, JRM83 said:

Well, looks like I'll be buying another one. 

On 12/18/2023 at 10:42 PM, Daslinger said:

Some information.

Looks like the wait for a new Atlas is 8 months and growing.

No wonder my new gun is taking so long.

New prices starting Jan 1. 

Ares: 6000 to 6600
Athena: 5600 to 5900
Artemis RDS: 6700 to 7300
Erebus: 6800 to 7400
Nyx RDS: 5400 to 5700
Titan RDS: 5000 to 5700

Yeah, I just priced out a DLC Titan RDS - 5800, and Artemis 7400. Yikes. I love my two Atlas, and sold my older PT based Titan but daaaamn. Unless everyone else has gone up due to raw material/inflation costs, I'd think this is full custom territory. And they are much less customizable now as when I had my first Titan built. If the market bears it, good for them.

• 1 month later...

Prices seem to have gone crazy on the 2011 side with custom builders in the last couple years.  I reached out to a builder a couple months ago and had asked for a price on a build and was quoted almost 2k more than a quote I got from the same builder 2 years earlier.  Glad I got my cheely back when I did, I don't know that I can justify it now.  

On 1/11/2024 at 1:35 PM, OptimiStick said:

Yeah, I just priced out a DLC Titan RDS - 5800, and Artemis 7400. Yikes. I love my two Atlas, and sold my older PT based Titan but daaaamn. Unless everyone else has gone up due to raw material/inflation costs, I'd think this is full custom territory. And they are much less customizable now as when I had my first Titan built. If the market bears it, good for them.

I wonder if they are moving slower now. When I bought my Athena last year trying to find one in stock was almost impossible. They just sold so fast whenever a dealer got one. Now I look on GunBroker and there's a bunch listed and available right now. Either their production went up or they just aren't selling as fast.

1 hour ago, JRM83 said:

I wonder if they are moving slower now. When I bought my Athena last year trying to find one in stock was almost impossible. They just sold so fast whenever a dealer got one. Now I look on GunBroker and there's a bunch listed and available right now. Either their production went up or they just aren't selling as fast.

I don't Know. I ordered an Athena in late October and was told 8 months. As of now there is no movement on my order indicating it will be finished sooner.