Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 in LO

jtrump

You can use any of the OR plates designed for the P-10 if you're not willing to wait for one of the Shadow 2 versions to come back in-stock. The only downside is that shape/profile of the front of the plate won't match perfectly with the shape of the Shadow 2 slide. ANR's P-10 RMR plate (made of steel) is in-stock right now.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, jtrump said:

They are just words bud;   you knew what you were doing.   Don't try to be slick with words :),  helping would have been like hey here's the link to some in stock "that you said you found"

I did an extensive amount of googling and I found none outside of the ones in Canada that won't ship to the U.S.  

Sorry "bud" but you're the one in the wrong.  Your comment was ambiguous and I was trying to help.  That teaches me not to be nice.

Another possibility for the small hand problem.  Find or convert to single action only and replace the trigger with a cz made short reacIMG-0871.jpgh model.  They are listed on the CZ European web site.  You must find a U.S. dealer to order it for you.  This will also get rid of most of the pre-travel. 

7 hours ago, RennBaer said:

You can use any of the OR plates designed for the P-10 if you're not willing to wait for one of the Shadow 2 versions to come back in-stock. The only downside is that shape/profile of the front of the plate won't match perfectly with the shape of the Shadow 2 slide. ANR's P-10 RMR plate (made of steel) is in-stock right now.

Did not know that,   Thanks RennBaer, I will look into it.

6 hours ago, EvilNuff said:

Sorry "bud" but you're the one in the wrong.  Your comment was ambiguous and I was trying to help.  That teaches me not to be nice.

I bet everyone wants to be on your squad at matches...    😆

On 10/20/2023 at 10:39 AM, fbzero said:

No amount of knowledge on the fire control system will overcome a high primer that got through case gauging, but second strike capability will.  It's a rare occurrence, to be sure, but disabling DA for SAO pretty much gains you nothing.

SA only is a huge advantage.  Tuning the trigger for optimum pull, pre travel and over travel is a huge advantage.

12 hours ago, corny said:

SA only is a huge advantage.  Tuning the trigger for optimum pull, pre travel and over travel is a huge advantage.

You can adjust the pre and over travel on a regular DA/SA shadow as well, I don't see any advantage to SAO either, if I could have one or the other I’d much rather have a magwell than SAO on the shadow 2. 

22 hours ago, corny said:

As ColoradoNick pointed out, all of that can be tuned on a DA/SA as well.

On 10/20/2023 at 3:49 AM, OPENB said:

What mag extensions are you using with the CZC mag well? What tubes, springs, and followers, and what capacity do you get? Thanks.

I’m using CZC pads made for the magwell. I am using CZC springs and followers and Rune Tactical.

On 10/21/2023 at 8:57 AM, corny said:

I've converted a gun to SAO for Limited years ago and the only advantage was I added a flat trigger, which wouldn't be legal for production. The SA pull weight, reset and take-up were no different than when the gun had DA/SA.

If one compares buying a factory 2011 to a typical factory DA/SA gun, then yes the 2011 SAO trigger is much nicer.

Personally I don't see any advantage to converting a Shadow 2 to SAO. Just add a mag well and start with hammer back safety on. Of course this violates the rule of buying more cool stuff because we can.🤫

Just now, corny said:

Wrong again

So instead of insulting, you really need to point out where you think this is wrong. This is known as a discussion not an insult. My example comes from experience with the gun after 10s of thousands of rounds.

So where is this wrong, give examples please.

The benefit of converting a Shadow to SAO is the trigger shoes available. The hammer, sear, and disconnector are all DA/SA parts. The SAO trigger geometry isn't the same as the DA/SA trigger so there are some differences in feel and pull weight. The difference between SAO and SA isn't that dramatic though.

SP01redux.jpg.0ca930332404a9a1fd781a864f3341bd.jpg

On 10/23/2023 at 11:52 AM, OPENB said:

No serious competitor is "second striking" a round. We're running the slide and getting rid of it.

I don't know how serious I am. I only have a few trophies from nationals, area matches and world speed shoot, but with my cz i definitely pull the trigger a 2nd time. I probably developed the habit from using some harder primers for practice when good primers were in short supply. It's happened a couple times in local matches over the years and the primer has always gone off on the 2nd strike. Much faster than racking the round out. Of course it's even faster-er to use softer primers or a stiffer mainspring and check your ammo more carefully.... that's probably why it's never happened at a major.

Anyway, the fact that I *can* do a second strike is exactly the same reason that I have to, lol. Starting SA you can just use a normal mainspring that will light off any primer, so it becomes a non-issue. At any rate, I certainly wouldn't convert to SA-only. Maybe I don't need DA today, but I might some other day in some other division.

3 hours ago, motosapiens said:

I don't know how serious I am. I only have a few trophies from nationals, area matches and world speed shoot, but with my cz i definitely pull the trigger a 2nd time. I probably developed the habit from using some harder primers for practice when good primers were in short supply. It's happened a couple times in local matches over the years and the primer has always gone off on the 2nd strike. Much faster than racking the round out. Of course it's even faster-er to use softer primers or a stiffer mainspring and check your ammo more carefully.... that's probably why it's never happened at a major.

Anyway, the fact that I *can* do a second strike is exactly the same reason that I have to, lol. Starting SA you can just use a normal mainspring that will light off any primer, so it becomes a non-issue. At any rate, I certainly wouldn't convert to SA-only. Maybe I don't need DA today, but I might some other day in some other division.

Maybe like you I developed muscle memory to get that round out of the gun as quickly as possible, shooting 1911 and 2011 guns for so long. But, even the Timmies teach tap, rack, bang. 2nd strike is great if it goes off. If it doesn't, what a waste of time.

1 hour ago, OPENB said:

Maybe like you I developed muscle memory to get that round out of the gun as quickly as possible, shooting 1911 and 2011 guns for so long. But, even the Timmies teach tap, rack, bang. 2nd strike is great if it goes off. If it doesn't, what a waste of time.

a waste of .2-.3 seconds. not optimal, but better than racking the round out if that's what the problem is.

I also have shot primarily 1911-2011's for the last 10 years, but I never developed any muscle memory to rack the round out because i never have light strikes with those guns, lol.

5 hours ago, 858 said:

The benefit of converting a Shadow to SAO is the trigger shoes available.

If you read my post that's exactly what I wrote:

"I've converted a gun to SAO for Limited years ago and the only advantage was I added a flat trigger, "

I agree if one wants a flat trigger or some other trigger shoe option then LO is the division to shoot. But to state there's huge advantage to SAO conversion just isn't true. 

I put a mag well on one of my guns, it already has an extended safety for my thumb (legal in CO) and presto LO gun. Start hammer back safety on in SA.

14 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

Took him what, .75 seconds?

Something like that.  Instead of bapbap, bapbap as on the previous two targets it was bap..bap.   I confirmed it with him after the run.

I converted my S2 to SAO... then converted back to DASA as I liked the ultra short reset and trigger position of the single action in DASA over the more forward position of the SAO with flat trigger.

Edited by -JCN-

On 10/23/2023 at 10:52 AM, OPENB said:

No serious competitor is "second striking" a round. We're running the slide and getting rid of it.

It's faster than racking the slide. High primers are occasionally a thing.

Edited by ES13Raven