Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Upgrading charging handle for AR9

For the longest time, I just put a cheap charging handle in my guns - didn't think it mattered.  Until I got my JP GMR-15 which came with a Radian Raptor  - can't remember the model.  Made a big difference in the overall feel of the gun, I've since changed out all of mine to the Radians. 

Phil 

56 minutes ago, philmadxx said:

For the longest time, I just put a cheap charging handle in my guns - didn't think it mattered.  Until I got my JP GMR-15 which came with a Radian Raptor  - can't remember the model.  Made a big difference in the overall feel of the gun, I've since changed out all of mine to the Radians. 

Phil 

FYI Radian also offers substantial discounts to military/LEO.

Breek Arms Warhammer is my go to. Is thinner than the Radian vertically, making it easier to hook your finger and ensure it ain’t slipping off. 

Heck of a deal too.. MSRP of $49.99 and made in the USA (Minnesota). Can be bought direct from their site with free shipping or you can catch them online n sale at Primary Arms or Brownells regularly. 

7E8F04BD-4C85-4860-B7FF-4D7629FB38FD.thumb.jpeg.cd845e0a7e65c3c39d82c88de2b535f1.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Ner said:

I had to cut my Devil Dog side charger in half and cold weld it again to fit my upper. Sounds clunky, but it works :)

What brand of upper do you have?

I have three of them. Many of my shooting friends have them.

Because we all have billet uppers, all we had to do is shave down the part that rides against the receiver.

Very easy to do with a file or grinder if your careful.

They will go on a forged receiver with no mods.

On 5/9/2023 at 5:04 PM, dmshozer1 said:

What brand of upper do you have?

I have three of them. Many of my shooting friends have them.

Because we all have billet uppers, all we had to do is shave down the part that rides against the receiver.

Very easy to do with a file or grinder if your careful.

They will go on a forged receiver with no mods.

Yes, i had to grind 3mm of that part too. Main problem is i have a V-AR from CZ it's a lever delayed system and it's upper a bit uncommon

photo_2023-05-10_20-30-34.jpg

photo_2023-05-10_20-30-29.jpg

233.jpg

Edited by Ner
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...