Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2023 Holosun Competition Optic. (507 Comp)

Michael303

14 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Having more options is great as long as you can pick and choose which ones you want.  

I do not like the size of the bezel on that optic.  Not sure if the reticle options would be enough to sway me to try the optic or not.  Although it does intrigue me to have options for a reticle.  

It’s super easy to smudge the glass if you’re charging your gun with the optic face. The glass also sits very close to the front of the frame. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, earlan357 said:

Just picked up two.  Here's the reticle options on a uspsa target scaled for 7 yards.

4E133BB5-2458-4508-8602-49C5232495E6.JPEG

Awesome pic. Thank you. 

im still kind of lost why they went with all this complexity instead of a few simple large dots..maybe we will see more versions in the future. 

I was able to pick up a few 507 comps (green) this weekend from a LGS, got them mounted up and sighted in and will be shooting a match this weekend with it, so far really impressed I like the dot and 8 MOA circle so far. Will try other combos this weekend tho.

3 LGS had the optics in stock over the weekend, most shops had the red, only 1 shop had the green.

On 6/24/2023 at 1:11 PM, mandiesel said:

Underwhelmed with the reticle selection.. Hope they make some changes in the future.

The ability to swap on the fly worked out well for me this weekend. 

Used 3 different combos:

- 2moa dot + 20 moa circle for “hosey”

stages. Just like a rifle optic, the larger circle lets you see the dot approaching where you want it to be more easily. 
- 2moa dot + 8moa circle for most of the stages. Looks basically just like a big single dot at typical intensities 

- 2moa dot only for a stage that had tons of 25yd partials. 

I really like the optic and think the reticle options were pretty well thought out (though I don’t see a need for the 32moa circle - it’s just too big). 

1 hour ago, Dirty_J said:

The ability to swap on the fly worked out well for me this weekend. 

USPSA? I wonder if that will ever be considered a violation of 

Competitors must use the same firearm and type of sights for all

courses of fire in a match.

17 minutes ago, Sarge said:

5.1.3.2 is quite generic in the definition of optical/electronic sight. Just needs a battery.  

5.1.3.3 leaves some wiggle room to further define. 

Slippery slope though. Broke your red fiber optic and can only bum a green from someone… nah. 5.1.7 violation. 

Sun in your face… occlude your dot lens… 5.1.7 violation. 

I think the intent of 5.1.7 is just to prevent a swap between “open” sights and “optical sights”. 

But it is something that could stand to be clarified. Tons of folks running other Holosuns that have the ability. 

Edited by Dirty_J

40 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I would never have even thought that different reticles in the same sight would be an issue but if they wanted to take it to that level of stupid, then you shouldn't be able to change the intensity of the dot either. 

Sights with different reticles such as EOTECHs have been used on PCC's since its inception so I don't see why it would be an issue on a pistol

Edited by AKJD

I was lucky to find 2 at Brownells before they sold out…pissed that I never received a “back in stock” notification.  I was just lucky to be there at the right time.

as others mentioned I like the 8MOA circle so far, but I’ll play with it with time.

Just got my green 507comp in. Will live-fire this weekend, but didn’t end up liking the 8moa circle (either with or without 2moa dot) nearly as much as I would have thought. I’m coming from a 5moa SRO, and at least in dryfire found the 8moa circle a bit imprecise in use - perhaps 8moa is just a bit too big for my taste (though I have no problem with the 6moa green dot on my CCW with EPS Carry). The 8moa circle also feels slightly distracting and tends to draw my focus, even with the center 2moa dot I perceive it as a circle/dot combo vs just an 8moa dot

If anything I was surprised how much I liked the 2moa dot option, coming from running mostly 5-6moa dots previously. My eyes pick up green quite a bit better than red (hence why I bought the holosun to try), and have no issue picking up the dot despite small size. Also if run on a slightly higher brightness it really feels more like 3.5moa or so. 

Separately, I’m impressed with how bright the optic gets. My older 510c green doesn’t come close, comparing 2moa vs 2moa at least

Edited by whan

15 hours ago, LotI said:

I was lucky to find 2 at Brownells before they sold out…pissed that I never received a “back in stock” notification.  I was just lucky to be there at the right time.

as others mentioned I like the 8MOA circle so far, but I’ll play with it with time.

Seeing this A LOT with this 507 Comp release for whatever reason. I've had multiple distributors post on social media that they have gotten a small shipment of the red dots, but they are not sending the in-stock notification emails I've signed up for. By the time I see the social media post, they are sold out. If I were to get the actual notification I signed up for, I probably would have gotten one weeks ago at this point. I ended up getting an SRO.

8 minutes ago, bulldog009 said:

Seeing this A LOT with this 507 Comp release for whatever reason. I've had multiple distributors post on social media that they have gotten a small shipment of the red dots, but they are not sending the in-stock notification emails I've signed up for. By the time I see the social media post, they are sold out. If I were to get the actual notification I signed up for, I probably would have gotten one weeks ago at this point. I ended up getting an SRO.

Notifications working for me. 😝 

IMG_1168.thumb.jpeg.98c6461cd3989732dcc04f4dac1a2a70.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dirty_J said:

Notifications working for me. 😝 

IMG_1168.thumb.jpeg.98c6461cd3989732dcc04f4dac1a2a70.jpeg

Can I ask from where? I've had at least 2 suppliers not send emails, one of them has done it twice now - instead choosing to post something on social media. 

19 minutes ago, bulldog009 said:

Can I ask from where? I've had at least 2 suppliers not send emails, one of them has done it twice now - instead choosing to post something on social media. 

Various. 

Ben Stoeger Pro shop for the green via a social media post. 

A red from a stock notification at Rifle Gear. 

A red from a backorder at midway. Took about 10-12 days to fulfill. Good timing on my part. 

46 minutes ago, bulldog009 said:

Those website in-stock notifications are typically cron jobs that run periodically. If the cycle period is too long, say once every hour, the item goes in and out of stock before the job runs it never sees the item as in-stock and the emails don't go out. It's not typically a push notification, at least not in my experience.  If you want to get something that sells out fast you'll have to use a website tracker that checks every few minutes. 

Edited by Michael303

Figured, as only directly milled mounted optics were shown, I'll upload my "normal" CZ shadow 2 OR.

Also, size comparison against a Vortex Venom :)

HAD7xvz.jpg

GWDhgBy.jpg

Uu3UdSa.jpg

Edited by r4ptor

On 7/5/2023 at 2:38 AM, r4ptor said:

Figured, as only directly milled mounted optics were shown, I'll upload my "normal" CZ shadow 2 OR.

Also, size comparison against a Vortex Venom :)

HAD7xvz.jpg

GWDhgBy.jpg

Uu3UdSa.jpg

Oh wow the width is perfect on a S2. Is the S1 slide the same width as an S2? I may have to try this on my old SP01 Shadow after seeing how it looks on your S2. 

it looks like the deck on the optic is pretty low also. Looks nice! 

4 hours ago, HighSpeedFocusedFailure said:

Oh wow the width is perfect on a S2. Is the S1 slide the same width as an S2? I may have to try this on my old SP01 Shadow after seeing how it looks on your S2. 

it looks like the deck on the optic is pretty low also. Looks nice! 

That’s a Shadow 2 OR. The back half of the slide is not tri-top and wider than a standard Shadow 2’s slide.