Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Optics

Rich406

29 minutes ago, RJH said:

The problem with disregarding the fact that low rent guns can keep up with 2011's is that those top pros are still beating top pros. It's not like they're beating a bunch of midpack nobody's. And it's happened multiple times. And then there's people like Bob Vogel who's going to shoot a Glock no matter what, and he's going to beat pretty much everybody when he does it. Hell, I remember Vogel won a pro am with a Glock  over Eric grauffel 

i'm  disregarding that claim because it's totally irrelevant to my point, which is that if 2011's are allowed in co, they will totally dominate that division just like they do every other division.

Edited by motosapiens

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

i'm  disregarding that claim because it's totally irrelevant to my point, which is that if 2011's are allowed in co, they will totally dominate that division just like they do every other division.

👍🏻

7 hours ago, 71Commander said:

Not to get sidetracked here but I noticed that with the new L-10 options, they were going to allow revo's with optics.

They have always allowed Revo with optics ........... in Open.

Going to be about as competitive in Limit 10 as Open.

Also you could run 8 shot major in open for those wanting that🤣 while minor only in Limit 10.

3 hours ago, motosapiens said:

USPSA probably does not care about luddites who don't even shoot seriously. I know I don't. As a long time member who actually shoots seriously and practices, I feel like USPSA cares alot about me.

That has to be the most ridiculous crap I've ever heard.  Are there more "luddites" or winners at matches?

29 minutes ago, twodownzero said:

That has to be the most ridiculous crap I've ever heard.  Are there more "luddites" or winners at matches?

this has to be the most ridiculous crap I've ever heard. Lots of people who don't necessarily 'win' are still serious shooters, and they are enjoying great USPSA matches.

Edited by motosapiens

3 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

The popularity of RDS on carry/duty guns, isn't because they're an improvement over irons.  They're popular because they allow the low effort shooter to compete/perform at a competent level with minimal time and training commitment.  That's true for USPSA, LEOs, and pretty much everyone.  Doesn't mean they aren't fun to shoot and another nice toy to add to the safe.  But a better tool for the job, I don't think so.  Same goes for 9mm use and minor pf.  As for people cheering the demise of Limited, I'm sure you have your reasons.  But, it kinda sucks they are going to kill the only division that uses major pf outside of open.

Yes. What this guy said. I will be stealing the phrase "low effort shooter" too. 

1 hour ago, twodownzero said:

It's 100% accurate to anyone who thinks about this objectively

Why would an organization care at all about the opinions of someone who left? 

It's self evident

Edited by Johnny_Chimpo

8 minutes ago, konkapot said:

Yes. What this guy said. I will be stealing the phrase "low effort shooter" too. 

As far as I know the guy you're paying attention to has said here more than once that he doesn't use a pistol mounted optic and doesn't plan on it.

So feel free to adopt his take on them.

13 minutes ago, konkapot said:

Whatever helps you sleep better at night after losing to the people you think youre better than.

The popularity of RDS on carry/duty guns, isn't because they're an improvement over irons.  They're popular because they allow the low effort shooter to compete/perform at a competent level with minimal time and training commitment.  That's true for USPSA, LEOs, and pretty much everyone.  Doesn't mean they aren't fun to shoot and another nice toy to add to the safe.  But a better tool for the job, I don't think so.  Same goes for 9mm use and minor pf.  As for people cheering the demise of Limited, I'm sure you have your reasons.  But, it kinda sucks they are going to kill the only division that uses major pf outside of open.

Wait... isn't that the definition of an improvement?

That I can spend less time with something and get better?

But what do I know, I'm just a CO GM. I'm a low effort shooter and I don't like reloading because I think it's dumb... even though I can do it.

Maybe ask the guys who've been shot with 9mm ball ammo and see what they say.  One gang banger on video had about a half a dozen holes in his midsection and lived to talk about it.  Even said it was no big deal.  Don't think he'd be around saying that if he got shot with major pf ammo, whether 9, 40 or something else.  But, you're the one that asked the stupid question that has zero relevance to the discussion.

By the way Eli Dickens stopped the mall shooter in Indiana... with ball ammo (Blazer Brass).

Personally I think LO is going to be great and a lot of fun...

And if it drives curmudgeons away... even better. Their sour pusses won't be missed.

Adapt or die. --Darwin

16 minutes ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

As far as I know the guy you're paying attention to has said here more than once that he doesn't use a pistol mounted optic and doesn't plan on it.

So feel free to adopt his take on them.

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem.  I posted above that I have a Prodigy, and that I'll probably shoot LO when things start up again in the spring. 

On 12/28/2022 at 10:31 AM, Boomstick303 said:

Most likely.  Even without LO, how many new shooters do you see going into Limited or Open?  Next to none in our region.  Its all CO.   

What do you mean by region? Because you can't mean what it means in IPSC/USPSA.

54 minutes ago, -JCN- said:

Wait... isn't that the definition of an improvement?

That I can spend less time with something and get better?

But what do I know, I'm just a CO GM. I'm a low effort shooter and I don't like reloading because I think it's dumb... even though I can do it.

Well, that's only part of the equation.  What about the trade-offs?  Many have issues with reliability, durability, size, weight, use in low light situations.   Plus, the added cost.  I understand most of those aren't a major factor for competitive shooters.  But for LEOs and carry they certainly are. 

4 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

Maybe ask the guys who've been shot with 9mm ball ammo and see what they say.  

my little brother got shot with ball ammo back in the 90's and it f**ked him pretty good. Was lucky he was very close to a good hospital or he would not have survived. Was pretty much an invalid for about a year. Took numerous surgeries on his intestines, and numerous surgeries to rebuild and restore nerves in his arm. I sure as hell wouldn't stand in front of someone shooting ball ammo.

2 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Do you currently Shoot any USPSA matches?  If not do you plant to ever in the future?

I shot (and staffed) many USPSA matches over the last 15 years.  Given what is going on in the sport with the rules changes, I have no immediate plans to return to the sport unless the arms race stops and there are some other changes that Brian doesn't want us talking about on the board. 

I never had a whole lot of interest in shooting the high cap divisions and I still don't.  I thought there was room for me in USPSA, and there was, for a long time.  Carry Optics and PCC have changed that.  Nobody cares about us anymore.

I shot my first USPSA match in 2004.  I shot Single Stack when it was a provisional division in 2005.

Edited by twodownzero

9 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

my little brother got shot with ball ammo back in the 90's and it f**ked him pretty good. Was lucky he was very close to a good hospital or he would not have survived. Was pretty much an invalid for about a year. Took numerous surgeries on his intestines, and numerous surgeries to rebuild and restore nerves in his arm. I sure as hell wouldn't stand in front of someone shooting ball ammo.

Don't think a sane person would want to be shot with any caliber bullet.  But, I'd say it's a pretty sure bet if your brother was shot with ISP +P+ 9mm ammo, the outcome would have been very different.  Glad to hear he pulled through.  That must have sucked big time.

23 hours ago, shred said:

They collected feedback on the website for the bylaws changes a year minus 2-weeks ago, but I think my comments were largely ignored.

LOL!  Don't feel like it's just you.  Everybody's comments were ignored.

Nolan