Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2023 IDPA rules changes

riden

SSP and the Legion:

If you have a Legion, remove the magwell - it would not be SSP legal since it does not match the SKU photo right?

It seems to pretty much ensure that it would be a no go when it talks about changing grips being legal but changing grip modules is not.
Just thinking out loud.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

I don't think "perma attached" qualifies as "integral."
In fact, the more I think about it, the more I would fear that even if it were machined all in one piece, it might be disallowed as not suitable for all day carry.

It's literally a carry comp that cannot be removed. What else is that but "integral" and "suitable for all day carry"?

Also, if ACs start being heavy-handed with the "suitable for everyday carry" rule to subjectively ban whatever offends them that day, there is going to be some serious blowback if it happens at a major. Heck, even doing it at the wrong club match could lead to substantial drama.

23 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

Well, if you already own it, take it along and find out.  Get the drama over with, if any.

I would not buy anything for the purpose without some field reports on what gets in and what doesn't.  

At that point why even have a rulebook?  Just ask your "AC"

39 minutes ago, SSGGlock said:

How much help can a ported barrel have on a 125/ 105 PF round. Nil to none?

I'm not sure about all the rules for IDPA anymore but, I believe The 125 power factor, Is the minimum You can go Hotter.  this would give you more benefit of a compensator.

Edited by usmc1974

29 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

I'm not sure about all the rules for IDPA anymore but, I believe The 125 power factor, Is the minimum You can go Hotter.  this would give you more benefit of a compensator.

My point exactly at 125 a ported barrel does nothing, you need to be major PF to get anything.

3 hours ago, SSGGlock said:

My point exactly at 125 a ported barrel does nothing, you need to be major PF to get anything.

My personal experience is that ports and comps can help substantially even with minor PF ammo. My spare P320 X5 Legion barrel is ported, and I can tell the difference easily, it shoots much flatter.

24 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

Saw this on an AR15.com thread...so are the vests people normally wear that are trying to be more "gamer" not allowed now?

A69A6C6F-7630-4D10-9330-EAF6C851F337_jpe-2674952.jpg

It has already been used to tell me I couldn't run NV at the low-light match... so it's real.

Just now, matteekay said:

What's a "gamer" vest?

Fishing fests, those Khaki vests, UTG vests, etc not a normal jacket, shirt, etc was what I was referring too.  It's not something you would normally see at the mall per the rules...I honestly can't believe they used that analogy.

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

I am not sure the phrase "probably OK" belongs in a rule book...

Later,

Chuck

A1062 (Retired 2004)

I was thinking the same thing.  That leaves a lot for interpretation.  IDPA’s new rules has just made this sport the new version of USPSA.  

The only reason I shoot IDPA is because all of the USPSA matches are on Sunday.

1 hour ago, JohnnyD said:

Fishing fests, those Khaki vests, UTG vests, etc not a normal jacket, shirt, etc was what I was referring too.  It's not something you would normally see at the mall per the rules...I honestly can't believe they used that analogy.

Gotcha. Yeah, that covers 99.8% of what you see at an IDPA match.

Ironically, the Santa hoodie I wear at matches around the holidays is probably okay, lol.

1 hour ago, Stuey said:

I was thinking the same thing.  That leaves a lot for interpretation.  IDPA’s new rules has just made this sport the new version of USPSA.  

That is kind of what I take away from all of this... This is exactly what Bill Wilson, did not want In the 1st place.

Edited by usmc1974

I've been an active member of IDPA for over 12 years and shoot IDPA matches frequently and enjoy them.  But despite spending 38 1/2 years in American business and industry, I have to say I have never seen an organization do more to alienate, confuse, and annoy  their customers (members) than they do.  Their compulsive need to constantly fiddle with the rules while seldom improving the sport reminds me of a bunch of chimpanzees with chain saws.

7 minutes ago, 45 Raven said:

I've been an active member of IDPA for over 12 years and shoot IDPA matches frequently and enjoy them.  But despite spending 38 1/2 years in American business and industry, I have to say I have never seen an organization do more to alienate, confuse, and annoy  their customers (members) than they do.  Their compulsive need to constantly fiddle with the rules while seldom improving the sport reminds me of a bunch of chimpanzees with chain saws.

Boy that ain't no s#!t, you are about 100% nailed it. Now I will never be able to get that mental picture out of my mind, when somebody mentions IDPA.... LOL

Edited by usmc1974

2 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Yes, but I seriously doubt that happens. 

Seems like if I remember right, A few years back a mall shooter, was stopped in his tracks by a 3 men one guy wearing 1 of these vest. When it's 100° outside 1 of these best is more than adequate.

1 minute ago, usmc1974 said:

Seems like if I remember right, A few years back a mall shooter, was stopped in his tracks by a 3 men one guy wearing 1 of these vest. When it's 100° outside 1 of these best is more than adequate.

I occasionally see them out in public.  I have no idea what a match director would deem inappropriate, but I doubt a vest is high on the list.