Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2023 IDPA rules changes

riden

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised 'new rules' are being proposed. IDPA has to increase membership, and the present administration isn't getting it done. NE Florida is a mecca for action shooters, but three clubs that used to host IDPA match have dropped them.It's now hard to find an IDPA match within 150 miles. Something to do with 'new edicts from up high'.

This would be quite surprising if true. They just revamped the rules back around May.

Multiple rules updates within a year is not IDPA's typical behavior.

But... it's IDPA so maybe... lol...

Which way?  The latest printed rule is that you must be behind the physical fault line which may be between 3 and 8 feet from the point of cover.  (My AC said that is just to keep the PCCs from standing at the back of the stage and sniping all the targets from one spot, and pistoleers need not bother.)  

2 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

lol that won't spend that much money to redo the targets!!

You don't have to.  Just for s#!ts and grins I asked to rerun one stage as a USPSA stage at the last IDPA match I went to last year, LOL

Hit factor scoring works just fine with IDPA targets" -0 = A, -1 = C, -3 = D.

On 1/3/2023 at 9:29 PM, Johnny_Chimpo said:

You don't have to.  Just for s#!ts and grins I asked to rerun one stage as a USPSA stage at the last IDPA match I went to last year, LOL

Hit factor scoring works just fine with IDPA targets" -0 = A, -1 = C, -3 = D.

And flip side, I've shot outlaw matches that used a uspsa target but with time plus scoring. A equaled no time, B/C equaled 1 second, D equaled 3 seconds.