Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2023 IDPA rules changes

riden

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I foresee a lot of people getting popples added to their guns or buying already done pistols.    Why? Because they do help and if the rules say you can why the hell not.      

Hell I dropped my slide and barrel off earlier today at a shop to get a window cut and two large popples added to my CO gun after seeing the new rule changes.  

49 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

How about if an expansion chamber compensator is machined integral with the barrel.

Just as big and effective, no pins or threads.

I assume that's fine? I don't make the rules, only try to understand them.

4 hours ago, deerslayer said:

I had two hopes for the new book (but neither happened):

I was hoping they were going to fix the coned/heavy barrel problem with the CDP rules (permitting you to do something that was never prohibited), but alas. Maybe next year.

I assume it is, by the letter of the rules, but I don't know how they will be interpreted on the range.

No, next year is when they increase the magazine capacity in ESP/CO to match SSP and obsolete all the single stack guns.  

Edited by Jim Watson

I'm assuming that the purposeful omission of grip safety language means pinned grip safeties are A-OK, and I can now run this bad boy (clocking in at 45oz on the dot with mag) as my IDPA CO gun.

Comp is perma-attached. Gun makes weight with mag (barely, but good enough). Gun fits box. :D

perfect idpa co gun.jpg

3 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

Slide mount the optic and probably cut the last two ports off the comp to fit the box and it's probably good to go. Doubt it'll really have much advantage at 125 pf though. 

How long before the same tards that want SAO in USPSA CO will start agitating for comps because of this?

2 minutes ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Sadly I bet you're right

41 minutes ago, erwos said:

I'm assuming that the purposeful omission of grip safety language means pinned grip safeties are A-OK, and I can now run this bad boy (clocking in at 45oz on the dot with mag) as my IDPA CO gun.

Comp is perma-attached. Gun makes weight with mag (barely, but good enough). Gun fits box. :D

perfect idpa co gun.jpg

Yeah okay well when do I get to start shooting my enhanced service pistol

IMG_20230116_181842~2.jpg

2 hours ago, erwos said:

Comp is perma-attached.

I don't think "perma attached" qualifies as "integral."
In fact, the more I think about it, the more I would fear that even if it were machined all in one piece, it might be disallowed as not suitable for all day carry.

37 minutes ago, riden said:

So, this is now allowed in CDP? Am I reading that right as long as fits in box?

Nope, specifically not allowed in any division, it is not part of the gun or the barrel.