Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SO, why no Super Super Senior Class? USPSA

mikeAZ

Seems like USPSA can have all these "Rules", "Classifications", etc....  Sooooo,, why not a class called "Super Super Seniors" (Over 75 age)???.. Whats another classification?..  We have supported you LONGER than many others... I don't expect to be 1st. but won't be LAST ( MY goal)...

True..  You won't have a ton of shooter's in that class BUT you might have one or two.... ( New gun on order) Mike 80+

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mikeAZ said:

Seems like USPSA can have all these "Rules", "Classifications", etc....  Sooooo,, why not a class called "Super Super Seniors" (Over 75 age)???.. Whats another classification?..  We have supported you LONGER than many others... I don't expect to be 1st. but won't be LAST ( MY goal)...

True..  You won't have a ton of shooter's in that class BUT you might have one or two.... ( New gun on order) Mike 80+

I vote yes.

I had a few of the "older" guys ask me the same question. I did some probing and found out there was no interest by the previous USPSA president. Mike, the next time you see Leighton (Area 2 Director) at Rio, tell him what you think. He should be somewhat sympathetic since he is no kid either! :roflol:

Good evening,

Chuck

It was apparently discussed at an IPSC annual meeting but reports were that the Regions expressed little interest in the proposal. If the US were to raise it again it might get some traction.

Edited by PhilTerry
Spelling error

Yes not seeing the downside.  My old fart butt is often twice as old as most competitors out there. Its awesome when one of the far out old dudes show up.  I do falling steel matches and they kick butt. 

Edited by Zincwarrior

i'm certainly not against the idea of adding a super-duper-senior category for people that need more trophies to clutter their house, but keep in mind it will still need the minimum number of participants to be recognized. Currently super senior only gets 5 or more competitors in about half the divisions at area matches.

Edited by motosapiens

I'm all for recognizing people that can still move by then, but if we're going to get serious about competitive age brackets, that big gulf between 18 and 55 needs addressing too.  ;)

I think changing the ages for senior and super senior would make more sense.  I know many shooters that will not check the senior box because they are still reasonably competitive in their division as is. 

when these ages were selected the game was MUCH more physical. I think 60 for senior and 70 for super senior would make way more sense in todays world.

If any thing, I think the age brackets should be raised up. I can understand in smaller regions of shooting the thought of lowering it, but in the Houston, Texas area there is a match of 40 to 60 people almost every weekend and senior class is populated by 10 or more shooters that are state-level shooters. Too bad for he with sore knees that weekend,,,

1 hour ago, MikeBurgess said:

I know many shooters that will not check the senior box because they are still reasonably competitive in their division as is. 

they are dumb, and should read the rules. checking the senior box doesn't remove you from the overall division race.

17 minutes ago, MHicks said:

Ok. Then how about Senior, SS and recognizing high hicap and locap high shooter for each. The locap Super Senior isn't  going to be high SS against Open SS shooters.

wut? it goes by division anyway.

1 hour ago, motosapiens said:

wut? it goes by division anyway.

I've never been to nationals but at Level 2, or state matches I've only seen top Senior or SS in the overall standings recognized. Probably not enough in each division to matter particularly in locap divisions these days.

2 hours ago, motosapiens said:

they are dumb, and should read the rules. checking the senior box doesn't remove you from the overall division race.

They know they are in the overall, they just don't feel their level of physical ability has devolved to a point where they feel they should be receiving special recognition.

4 hours ago, shred said:

I'm all for recognizing people that can still move by then, but if we're going to get serious about competitive age brackets, that big gulf between 18 and 55 needs addressing too.  ;)

"Junior Seniors" ? 😉

4 minutes ago, shred said:

I like to tell the whippersnappers "I'm just getting older and slower, sooner or later you'll catch up".  They get so torqued up about it :D

I tell them..... "You don't know how much work it is to get old"

8 hours ago, motosapiens said:

i'm certainly not against the idea of adding a super-duper-senior category for people that need more trophies to clutter their house, but keep in mind it will still need the minimum number of participants to be recognized. Currently super senior only gets 5 or more competitors in about half the divisions at area matches.

Yes!  I prefer Super Duper Senior category.  

Nolan