Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Preferred PCC Pouch

What’s your favorite pcc mag pouch?

I’m waiting on an MPX PCC I’ve ordered to come in; it’ll be my first attempt at PCC and I’ve learned to just aim for the deep-end after that bloody episode at our public pool so I’m going full-bore on equipment (that way I’ll look really good after I hone my video editing skills and find a pen that’s around .355 diameter).

I use one from Weber Tactical and the quality is excellent.  You can't really see it in the pictures and I don't think the description mentions it, but it has a spring-loaded retention device that is adjustable instead of using side pressure regulated by a screw like many pouches.  Makes for a super smooth draw and it's not going anywhere.  This would be my recommendation.

I look at carrying extra mags a little differently than most I guess. I just use two ordinary pouches, from Shooters Connection IIRC, and carry two 17 rd mags. I have never had to draw them in any other circumstance other than a mandatory reload. I have mag extensions on all my mags from Taylor Freelance so I have plenty of rounds for any stage. I just can't see carrying around all that extra weight on my belt all day, or buying any extra pouches for more money.

I have the weber pouches. I really like the retention device compared to your typical kydex mag pouches that sandwiches the pouch. The MRD (mag retention device) basically only engages when the mag is fully inserted into the pouch. Once you pull it pass the MRD, there’s very little resistance so it’s a very smooth draw.

22 hours ago, fbzero said:

I use one from Weber Tactical and the quality is excellent.  You can't really see it in the pictures and I don't think the description mentions it, but it has a spring-loaded retention device that is adjustable instead of using side pressure regulated by a screw like many pouches.  Makes for a super smooth draw and it's not going anywhere.  This would be my recommendation.

Well the Weber ones were at the top of my list and they seem to have some fans here. Thanks for the info on the spring system; I didn’t know that about them.

21 hours ago, egd5 said:

I look at carrying extra mags a little differently than most I guess. I just use two ordinary pouches, from Shooters Connection IIRC, and carry two 17 rd mags. I have never had to draw them in any other circumstance other than a mandatory reload. I have mag extensions on all my mags from Taylor Freelance so I have plenty of rounds for any stage. I just can't see carrying around all that extra weight on my belt all day, or buying any extra pouches for more money.

You make a good point regarding the extra ammo/weight. I’m wanting to make sure I’ve got at least one on my belt as I don’t want to let my reload be sloppy on the chance I need it. Plus, two of the practice matches I go to are more of a two gun training and most there will only load ten to make the shorter stages more challenging.

Appreciate the insight.

3 hours ago, MuffintopMarksman said:

Well the Weber ones were at the top of my list and they seem to have some fans here. Thanks for the info on the spring system; I didn’t know that about them.

Can't go wrong with Weber. They have a ready to ship section as well that includes some PCC pouches, you'll have it in a few days typically. 

On 3/21/2022 at 9:51 AM, egd5 said:

Since you mentioned 17 round mags, I highly doubt you’re talking about MPX mags. The OP Has an MPX, which has mags that don’t fit in regular pistol mag pouches.

7 hours ago, philmadxx said:

I use the Double Alpha Race Master pouch with extension - I use it for my "everything went wrong backup mag pouch" and keep it around back - works great. 

Race Master PCC Magazine Pouch

Again, OP has an MPX, those mags wont fit in regular pistol pouches.

It got it off ebay, and I use for different  weapons. I really like it it set close to the body for concealed carry, and is light weight. It works great for ppc.

Eagle talon custom holsters

Edited by usmc1974
9 hours ago, Pirate said:

Just keep the mags in your purse...😜

That's messed up... LOL!

I like these for MPX https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Comp-Tac-PCC-PLM-Magazine-Pouch-P4988.aspx 

I use one horizontal in the front and one vertical on the side. I use the side on for load make ready mag and on the front if I have a mandatory reload or something bad happens. I also had the sig plastic ones when I first got the MPX. They feel pretty flimsy vs the CT - especially with the plus 10 or 20 extensions the sigs felt like they could let go at anytime