Atlas magazines

attakmint

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
On 6/26/2023 at 12:35 PM, ogiebb said:

Wondering with the new Atlas Followers and Springs if anyone is getting 29 now.

I tried them and had many problems with nosediving.  Every mag with the new followers did this, but they did hold 29. Switched back to grams guts and capacity is back down to 28, but 100% reliable.

8 hours ago, CalTeacher said:

I tried them and had many problems with nosediving.  Every mag with the new followers did this, but they did hold 29. Switched back to grams guts and capacity is back down to 28, but 100% reliable.

i finally got mine a few days ago i was able to get 29 but very tight.. no issues for now on nosediving. ill keep them on a loose 28 for now

I grabbed a couple to test out. 170mm ones.   I can only get 28.  An the 28 is tight.  Barely loadable.  They also don’t drop easily out of my limcats.  Mag release button is extremely tight with the atlas ones.   Never had a problem with my mbx mags and I have 15 of them varying from 170-140 mm and they have always worked like a charm and hold 29 in the 170 26 in the 155 and 24 in the 140s.  

1 hour ago, OpenshooterMclass4lyfe said:

I grabbed a couple to test out. 170mm ones.   I can only get 28.  An the 28 is tight.  Barely loadable.  They also don’t drop easily out of my limcats.  Mag release button is extremely tight with the atlas ones.   Never had a problem with my mbx mags and I have 15 of them varying from 170-140 mm and they have always worked like a charm and hold 29 in the 170 26 in the 155 and 24 in the 140s.  

on your MBX Mags do you use the stock MBX follower and springs or grams/atlas/TTI?   Thanks

1 hour ago, OpenshooterMclass4lyfe said:

Stock spring and follower on the mbx mags.    Been shooting open for 2 years and that combo has never failed me.   

Thanks i will give it a try :)

1 hour ago, Bostenelli said:

The atlas mags baseplate knob keeps sliding out it’s annoying. They seem to feed wel tho

There is a set screw in the side that is used to set the tension on the pin. I would also recommend taking the set screw out and putting blue lock tight on it.

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, pointblanktx said:

On the Atlas and MBX 9mm mags, do you still have to run the spacers like the old school STI's? Been a few years since I have been in the open game.

the mbx do not have spacers.  actually neither do the current sti/staccato mags.  bil has some atlas mags and i believe no spacer but will ask him and chime back in if they do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...