Racheting Gun Belt

Ontarget

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Intheshaw1 said:

It does when using a ratchet

I do not see why it would not work when using a belt without a ratchet as well.  I have plenty of inner belts, so I am going to cut one up and see how it works.  I can use that inner for both belt systems if it works with the belt without the ratchet, if it does not work for that belt it would become the dedicated inner belt for the belt with the ratchet.

Thanks for sharing.

For everyone sharing pics of their modified belts, thank you as well.  

Edited by Boomstick303

I ordered a ratcheting belt from RHT. In my opinion the belt is not stiff enough. Looked at the belt and it has the m2inc ratchet system on it. Talked to the folks at m2inc and they helped me order one through their web page. 

Going to put it on a Shooters Connection belt and see how it works.

I ordered two ratcheting kits from Carbon Arms to. fit to a couple of Bianchi Accumold 7202 belts.  I used a utility knife to cut the belts down to a length just shorter than would fit me wearing my lightest clothing.   I sealed the ends with superglue, then added the Carbon Arms kits which was just a matter of drilling 1/4" holes to take the flange nuts, the buckle and strap and the retaining screws.    I did this to allow the belts to be easily adjusted for tightness over a variety of clothing from shorts and a T-shirt in the summer to heavy jeans, a heavy shirt and possibly a vest in cold weather.  

So for the guys running the ratcheting belts do you order it shorter then your normal outer belt? I've had an RHT one for like 2 years and tried it twice. The other belt overlaps at the ends like my normal one and when I sinch it down it makes the inner loop under itself. Am i missing something obvious?

15 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

So for the guys running the ratcheting belts do you order it shorter then your normal outer belt? I've had an RHT one for like 2 years and tried it twice. The other belt overlaps at the ends like my normal one and when I sinch it down it makes the inner loop under itself. Am i missing something obvious?

Best thing to do is to get a better inner belt. The NERD belt is a huge improvement and fixes that problem completely. 

25 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

You need to cut it.  I wrap the outer around me then mark it with about 1 1/2-2" gap.  Then install the buckle.  This gives room for the inner belt to get smaller as it will bunch in the gap.  Hopefully that makes sense. 

3 hours ago, echotango said:

You need to cut it.  I wrap the outer around me then mark it with about 1 1/2-2" gap.  Then install the buckle.  This gives room for the inner belt to get smaller as it will bunch in the gap.  Hopefully that makes sense. 

It does. Thanks

10 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

I ordered mine smaller, but have cut some for for my shooting buddy and sealed covered ends with shrink tubing. I definitely think it works better without any over lap. Just one man’s opinion.

12 hours ago, echotango said:

This is what I did as well. Opening for inner belt should match where the opening on outer belt is on your body. There is no need for the inner belt to overlap as it's only there to go thought the loops and keep the outer belt attached.

Edited by Intheshaw1

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Ontarget said:

If you use an outer belt with a rachet, do you still need an inner belt?

Not really but I wear one to keep the gear at the same level and if I loosen the ratchet between stages then I don't have to worry about my rig slipping down on my hips.

3 hours ago, dapribek said:

In USPSA, if you don’t have an inner belt, your gun belt must go through, I believe, at least 2 belt loops. 

You do not need loops. 

“….the belt or the inner belt or both must be either securely fixed at the waist  OR secured through a minimum of 3 belt loops…”

3 hours ago, dapribek said:

In USPSA, if you don’t have an inner belt, your gun belt must go through, I believe, at least 2 belt loops. 

That changed a long time ago. And I believe it was 3 loops.

41 minutes ago, BoyGlock said:

How do you wear a belt thru belt loops w/ mag pouches and holster on it?

My guess is that would apply to a standard belt. As you thread the belt through the loops you slide stuff onto the belt.

2 minutes ago, Sarge said:

My guess is that would apply to a standard belt. As you thread the belt through the loops you slide stuff onto the belt.

I dont know what is Standard belt. Are we not talking sbout competition outer belts? I thought its the common outer belt that it could be fitted with ratchet buckle? If so, its quite hard if not next to impossible to slide in/out gears. They are fit hard to the belt.