Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open up USPSA Revolver Division Poll

pskys2

Remove restrictions in USPSA Revolver Division?   

91 members have voted

1. 1. Open up USPSA Revolver Division

• Keep it as is, don't like no changes!
    • Open it up remove all restrictions but 8 shot minor, 6 shot major.
    • I don't want any restrictions I want to load my Short Colts with fissionable material and shoot Major!
    • Who cares load up and let's run!
    • What's a Revolver?

6 minutes ago, RJH said:

Assuming my gun didn't explode, if I get beat by any one with a revolver I will whip my own ass LOL. 

The only reason I want revolvers gone is because the sundial we used to time them with broke. We don't want to have to buy a new sundial. Even with a quality working sundial, it was impossible to get the times correct since the revolver Shooters never finish before dark anyway. 

Revolvers..........🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well you should probably get to whipping as I am sure you have been beat but was to embarrassed to admit. 

What l can get done with 8 rounds probably takes you 28. When you settle for a fast time with A, C and mikes and I put in all A’s maybe 1 to 2 seconds slower. I would take mine over Swiss 🧀 any day.  Plus I save the club money and the environment as it doesn’t take as many pasters to fix the targets. 

When was the last time you saw an open shooter paste and set steel? Seems like they are to busy reloading there 28 round mags when the course of fire only called for 16 rounds with a mandatory reload and it took 2 clips with 20 shot out of each one. No wonder we have a shortage on primers. 💋

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Mcfoto said:

When I ROed the lo-cap Nats in ‘19, the revo super squad was every bit as smooth as any open shooters. And with the exception of Christian et al, faster.

Faster?? Nah.  The top Revo shooter at that match shot 76% of the Single stack winner.  The top revo guys are super talented but the speed is not even close to a good (non-super squad) Open shooter.  

1 hour ago, Balakay said:

Faster?? Nah.  The top Revo shooter at that match shot 76% of the Single stack winner.  The top revo guys are super talented but the speed is not even close to a good (non-super squad) Open shooter.  

There you go again, confusing me with facts! Thanks for keeping me honest. ;0)

To be totally transparent, I’ve joined the cool kids in CO for USPSA but I squad with wheel gunners who trounce me every month. I’ve gone to ICORE for my wheelie fun.

2 hours ago, Balakay said:

You must be a friend of RJH whose comments don’t matter and in reality yours don’t either.  👋 n 🐒 in your spare time 🤣🤣🤣

16 minutes ago, revoman said:

You must be a friend of RJH whose comments don’t matter and in reality yours don’t either.  👋 n 🐒 in your spare time 🤣🤣🤣

You mad bro?  Never met RJH. My comments were facts boomer. Don’t be butt hurt 

6 hours ago, NoSteel said:

My apologies you took it in this way.  I shoot revolver from time to time and some of the posts  I read in several of these threads insinuate people would like to get rid of revolver shooters..  As you noted it was a I guess a poor attempt at humor..

As to constructive feedback  I had replied to the other thread with a similar poll I did a few years ago with similar responses to any adjustments to revolver division.

I get you and I assumed it was.  Appreciate your solid input though.

6 hours ago, Fishbreath said:

No complaining if you're just here to stir up trouble, pal.

The transparent trolling's getting a little tiresome.

Check this out https://www.jackweigand.com/Ruger-GP100-Scope-Mounts-No-Drill.html don't know if it would work with a Super GP100 though.  Not quite as simple as a S&W but still doesn't take drilling and tapping, which would be a super pain.

Guys let's keep this constructive. Personally I've decided to not respond, or acknowledge, those nay sayers who don't like Revolver for whatever personal reason.

Maybe if we ignore them, they will go away?  But don't let them goad us into not discussing our preferred, or enjoyed, Division.

20 minutes ago, Balakay said:

You mad bro?  Never met RJH. My comments were facts boomer. Don’t be butt hurt 

I am not butt hurt as you and RJH who have to troll to get your jolly’s. I do have to ask though, who is the catcher and who is the pitcher or do you just do reach arounds. 

PS. I can do this all day fool. image.png.c23d79dece44e1ab63c7e9504fe6f5ec.png

5 minutes ago, revoman said:

I am not butt hurt as you and RJH who have to troll to get your jolly’s. I do have to ask though, who is the catcher and who is the pitcher or do you just do reach arounds. 

PS. I can do this all day fool. image.png.c23d79dece44e1ab63c7e9504fe6f5ec.png

homophobic comments  are  a good look in 2021. 

here’s the thing :  I don’t give a f*ck if revolver stays or goes. I actually admire the dedication it takes to reload one proficiently. Read what I posted: it was a simple statement that pointed out to Mcfoto that the best revo shooters were not faster than Open shooters at 2019 Nats and in fact were significantly slower than single stack. 

Best of luck winning Super senior B class revo at your next L2 match. 

6 minutes ago, Balakay said:

homophobic comments  are  a good look in 2021. 

here’s the thing :  I don’t give a f*ck if revolver stays or goes. I actually admire the dedication it takes to reload one proficiently. Read what I posted: it was a simple statement that pointed out to Mcfoto that the best revo shooters were not faster than Open shooters at 2019 Nats and in fact were significantly slower than single stack. 

Best of luck winning Super senior B class revo at your next L2 match. 

Sorry I am not part of the woke crowd but homophobic I think 🤔 not as my daughter is gay and so is my godson. 

Who knows I might win Senior Open B Class at a level 1 with my revolver. Super Senior probably not as I am not that old yet. Maybe someday we can compete against each other and may a cooler 😎head prevail. ✌🏻

11 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Me thinks RJH is just trying to be difficult.

Definitely not Revolver Material.

He's just another B class division-jumper trying to stir us up

Edited by PatJones

11 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Check this out https://www.jackweigand.com/Ruger-GP100-Scope-Mounts-No-Drill.html don't know if it would work with a Super GP100 though.  Not quite as simple as a S&W but still doesn't take drilling and tapping, which would be a super pain.

Doesn't look like, unfortunately—I think it probably would work if they had one for the 5.5" barrel, though.

1 hour ago, Fishbreath said:

Doesn't look like, unfortunately—I think it probably would work if they had one for the 5.5" barrel, though.

Just out of curiosity wonder if they would make one to fit?

16 hours ago, Balakay said:

This is a fact.  Being a nerd, and looking for a way to compare my performance on any given  day, somewhat objectively, at local matches ( PCC, CO is the thing)  I did some hazy math.   Revo is "roughly"  -70-75 % of SS, Production and L10;  roughly 65%+/- of Limited, and best guess 50-60% of Open/PCC/CO over a whole match.   If I was equally proficient with a 1911 and a revo, and had identical match performances, I would beat myself by 25% with a 1911 in USPSA.  In any game where capacity and reloading comes into play, a revo will be outpaced.  

Parity is much closer in Steel Challenge, as the only difference is the trigger stroke, which *can* be overcome probably about 98% by training, transitions, draw etc.   JMO

Jason

Those numbers are 

29 minutes ago, Makicjf said:

This is a fact.  Being a nerd, and looking for a way to compare my performance on any given  day, somewhat objectively, at local matches ( PCC, CO is the thing)  I did some hazy math.   Revo is "roughly"  -70-75 % of SS, Production and L10;  roughly 65%+/- of Limited, and best guess 50-60% of Open/PCC/CO over a whole match.   If I was equally proficient with a 1911 and a revo, and had identical match performances, I would beat myself by 25% with a 1911 in USPSA.  In any game where capacity and reloading comes into play, a revo will be outpaced.  

Parity is much closer in Steel Challenge, as the only difference is the trigger stroke, which *can* be overcome probably about 98% by training, transitions, draw etc.   JMO

Jason

Those numbers are close. As the separation grows so does the consistency. A lot depends on the stages as the separation grows too. 

Things get tighter in steel challenge. That number is roughly 11-13%. Toss out the outliers and it’s closer to 7-8%.

Edited by MWP

14 minutes ago, MWP said:

Those numbers are 

Those numbers are close. As the separation grows so does the consistency. A lot depends on the stages as the separation grows too. 

Things get tighter in steel challenge. That number is roughly 11-13%. Toss out the outliers and it’s closer to 7-8%.

The 11-13%/7-8% in steel challenge is interesting.    I was guessing only, and obviously guessed to low on the disparity.

"...as the separation grows, so does the consistency..."

This makes sense.  

Thanks!

Jason

On 4/22/2021 at 9:26 AM, Sarge said:

I concur. I have RO'ed some of the best REVO shooters in the game and while they don't make it look easy they sure do make it look as easy as possible, LOL. I have RO'ed a few REVO shooters that were, as described "duffers". I agree there were tons of ammo and technique problems that made them look like they were way out of their element. 

But then again I know shooters in every division that are way out of their element! Including myself on occasion shooting Open.:roflol:

100%. I'm going to guess that inexperienced/bad revo shooters are no better or worse than comparable shooters in any division. Except maybe PCC. Cheaters. :P 

23 hours ago, Mcfoto said:

When I ROed the lo-cap Nats in ‘19, the revo super squad was every bit as smooth as any open shooters. And with the exception of Christian et al, faster.

Hey! I was there! I hope I gave you a high-five or something.

19 hours ago, Balakay said:

That doesn't strike me as odd. SS has the same number of rounds as a revolver, but major scoring, +1 to start, and half the reload time/trigger pull. That seems like the correct delta if comparing high Revolver to high Single Stack.

23 hours ago, RJH said:

Assuming my gun didn't explode, if I get beat by any one with a revolver I will whip my own ass LOL. 

The only reason I want revolvers gone is because the sundial we used to time them with broke. We don't want to have to buy a new sundial. Even with a quality working sundial, it was impossible to get the times correct since the revolver Shooters never finish before dark anyway. 

Revolvers..........🤣🤣🤣🤣

Go stir the pot elsewhere.  Life is too short to be a jackass to a fellow shooter.

18 minutes ago, Tom Freeman said:

Go stir the pot elsewhere.  Life is too short to be a jackass to a fellow shooter.

Hell, I forgot about this thread till you pulled me back in. Looks like you couldn't resist putting your two cents in LOL

I'm gonna say this one time.

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.
No trolling. No alternate accounts.

Anyone (on either side of this discussion) who violates the above guidelines after this point will get a forum timeout. 

You can discuss these things without being antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome. 

2 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

I'm gonna say this one time.

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.
No trolling. No alternate accounts.

Anyone (on either side of this discussion) who violates the above guidelines after this point will get a forum timeout. 

You can discuss these things without being antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome. 

Thank You.

O.K., I'm old and no longer competing with my revolver in USPSA but I always got a laugh from shooters that would pre-judge my performance with the revolver over their autos.  I made a lot of coin when someone would comment on how slow I was going to be and I challenged them per stage and for match win.  And I'm not that fast.

Shoot what you enjoy and leave it at that.  I've never seen a $25K truck in the parking lot to go to the winner.

BTW I just started shooting my 617 for RFPI in SCSA and my times are better than they are with my Ruger Mark IV.  I make my hits much more reliably.  The trick is to keep that trigger finder moving.

1 hour ago, AzShooter said:

Shoot what you enjoy and leave it at that.

An excellent idea.

I hope some of those who have tried to piss all over one the few threads that excite our revolver shooters will take that to heart.

1 hour ago, ima45dv8 said:

An excellent idea.

I hope some of those who have tried to piss all over one the few threads that excite our revolver shooters will take that to heart.

Amen 🙏