Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best P320 XSeries/X5 Legion Competition Holster

cperazza

Looking for thoughts and recommendations on best P320 XSeries/X5 Legion Competition Holster.

- DAA Alpha-X Holster

- Comp-Tac Holster

- Blade-Tech Holster

- Any other?

Currently using the DAA Alpha-X Holster with my Limited.  No issues.

Borrowed a Comp-Tac Holster, used it a couple times seems to work pretty good.

Thanks for your help in advance!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have all my of the ones listed except DAA and GX is my choice hands down.  To me, being able to lock your gun in during a walk-through you’re not having to hold it in place with one hand it was a complete game changer.  

3 hours ago, B585 said:

GX is my choice hands down.  To me, being able to lock your gun in during a walk-through you’re not having to hold it in place with one hand it was a complete game changer.  

Same here.  GX Products link.  You can design your own holster colors (inside and out) and what hanger you prefer.  A bit of a lead time as they are super busy.

BC

What is it you guys do during a walkthrough that you require to lock down a gun into a bucket holster?

Having said that I have Comptac, DAA Alpha X, and currently use a 4 Bros holster for my X5. All of them work fine and to be honest I don't really have a preference over any of them, just what I feel like using on the day.. 

Edited by terrydoc

56 minutes ago, terrydoc said:

What is it you guys do during a walkthrough that you require to lock down a gun into a bucket holster?

Having said that I have Comptac, DAA Alpha X, and currently use a 4 Bros holster for my X5. All of them work fine and to be honest I don't really have a preference over any of them, just what I feel like using on the day.. 

I lock mine down when I am ROing. I don’t see any reason to during a walk through though. 

I've been shooting and RO'ing IPSC for nearly 20 years now including WS's and Regional and National Championship's and I can honestly say I've never seen a gun come out of a kydex type holster, a few out of the different race holster's, mostly due to either user error or people clashing holsters when wandering around, which in the end is user error anyway.

15 hours ago, terrydoc said:

For me it's less about the walkthrough and more about assisting with resetting the stage - especially bending to reset poppers or picking up plates, etc.

20 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

Most bucket style kydex holsters like GX or RHT, the gun will bounce out if you have to run any faster than a slow jog. They just don’t have very good retention compared to say, bladetech 

Im not so sure. the GX Products holster with the cam lock can be set pretty tight.

Edited by Sarge

18 hours ago, terrydoc said:

Sometimes I like to come in to a position at speed, sometimes decelerating to decide where to start slowing down, sometimes to do a drop step vs regular exit, and list could go on.  Before GX, I held my gun in place a lot.   YMMV

40 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Im not so sure. the GX Products holster with the cam lock can be set pretty tight.

Exactly.   It won’t come out when locked even if I hold it upside down.

4 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

I’m talking about when the cam is off. 

The only time I take mine off is when I am told to make ready.... just like when you use a race holster in Limited  or Open.

1 hour ago, floater said:

Redhill, or redhill, might look at redhill also.

I have one and it's nice - fits the Legion with the aftermarket thumbrest.   The GX appeals to me though and I'm going to try it and likely sell the RHT.

Edited by LMS

8 hours ago, Rich406 said:

Most bucket style kydex holsters like GX or RHT, the gun will bounce out if you have to run any faster than a slow jog. They just don’t have very good retention compared to say, bladetech 

Interesting. With my RHT I can dial in enough retention to be completely annoying if tried to draw.

I could bounce around like a bunny rabbit (ok I'm too old to bounce) and my gun stays secure.

Edited by ddc