Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delta Point Pro

Awhitjr

I am running a Delta Point Pro on my Open pistol.  This past weekend I shot a match and each time I pulled the trigger the intensity changed.  It cycled through each setting, getting dim, dimmest and gone to brighter, brighter and brighter.  Even when it got to the brightest doing the 5 flashes and then started getting dim again.  Each trigger pull gave me a new brightness.  Has anyone else seen this or heard of this?

4 minutes ago, Awhitjr said:

Replaced the battery twice now.  Before the match was a brand new battery and replaced it mid match after it happened the first time.

Ugh... send it in for repair.

I had mine die on me in the middle of a stage.  Had to shoot poppers at 30 yards using "kentucky windage".  I created a new division called open no sights this weekend!  

Edited by NOSHMJ

1 hour ago, shooterDrew said:

I had the same issue. Send it in. I got mine back within a few weeks I believe. Not helpful if you’ve got upcoming matches and no back up, but they did take care of me at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, I just got this unit back from being repaired for a different issue.

No pistol optic is immune. I have 4 DPPs, two have had to go back. I've had 3 RMRs, one had to go back. I have a Romeo 1 Pro, it works, but the "down" button no longer clicks and sometimes it fails to register the press. It's going back soon.

The only pistol optic I own that hasn't had a problem (so far) is the Aimpoint Acro and I really beat the crap out of it. Very, very pleased with my purchase so far.

4 hours ago, assaultthesalt said:

Pew Pew Muthafuka……….put that SRO on it 😉

Offensive Material
Please do not post offensive material. If you wouldn't want your 10 year-old to read it, please don't post it. This also applies to links in posts. If what's in a link (text or video) would not be appropriate if it was typed in a post, it is not acceptable. If in doubt about your post's content, please PM a Moderator before posting.

I have had a Venom, two RTS2's, two DPP's (first one died, and the second one has scratched glass), and one FTP Alpha 3. The ONLY site that I have not had any issues with is the FTP Alpha 3. It has served me well for over a year and I love it. Both RTS2's died (never again, cost me two matches), first DPP had battery issues, and my second DPP seems to work ok, but the lens has scratches that are not visible to the eye, but makes the dot totally distorted when set on high settings. I use a soft cloth to clean it so that is not the cause because I use the same cloth for all my sights and they are all fine. DPP is just a poor made red dot, obviously with poor glass.

Edited by abb1

1 hour ago, abb1 said:

I have had a Venom, two RTS2's, two DPP's (first one died, and the second one has scratched glass), and one FTP Alpha 3. The ONLY site that I have not had any issues with is the FTP Alpha 3. It has served me well for over a year and I love it. Both RTS2's died (never again, cost me two matches), first DPP had battery issues, and my second DPP seems to work ok, but the lens has scratches that are not visible to the eye, but makes the dot totally distorted when set on high settings. I use a soft cloth to clean it so that is not the cause because I use the same cloth for all my sights and they are all fine. DPP is just a poor made red dot, obviously with poor glass.

I scratched up the lens on a 7.5 DPP shooting SCSA loads in G17 CO gun. I called Leupold, told them what I did, and they gave me a return no. I sent it in and they replaced it under Warranty.  The "roll cage' is dinged up, but the lens/dot is great.

Back in the days i was w/ micros, whenever i go to a range for practice or match, due to past experiences,  it never ceases me worrying it would bog down . It was always at the back of my mind every time Im LAMARed. Went back to Cmore slideride and serendipity and boom! am a happy camper til now 😃

Edited by BoyGlock

2 things you should try.

1. Use thicker size battery. Duracell or Panasonic is thicker side I believe. Since DPP is not a screw down battery cap like SRO (DPP = a locking cap), when using thinner size 2032 battery can cause issues. 

2. Use Dielectric Grease on the battery. You can just rub it around to thin coat the battery and it helps to have more consistent battery conductivity. 

This is what I use: https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-81150-Dielectric-Tune-Up-Grease/dp/B000AL2RI2/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1DT8SXVBSUBWS&dchild=1&keywords=dielectric+grease&qid=1603418574&sprefix=dielect%2Caps%2C252&sr=8-5

If there is no improvement, gotta send the optic in to fix.

12 hours ago, hwansikcjswo said:

2 things you should try.

1. Use thicker size battery. Duracell or Panasonic is thicker side I believe. Since DPP is not a screw down battery cap like SRO (DPP = a locking cap), when using thinner size 2032 battery can cause issues. 

2. Use Dielectric Grease on the battery. You can just rub it around to thin coat the battery and it helps to have more consistent battery conductivity. 

This is what I use: https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-81150-Dielectric-Tune-Up-Grease/dp/B000AL2RI2/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1DT8SXVBSUBWS&dchild=1&keywords=dielectric+grease&qid=1603418574&sprefix=dielect%2Caps%2C252&sr=8-5

If there is no improvement, gotta send the optic in to fix.

I've used the dielectric grease trick. However, it is not a conductive grease. It prevents against corrosion, which may be happening in our connections.

I use it, it works. It is not conductive.

I got my DPP back from warranty in March of this year. I sent it in because it flickered on/off while shooting (slide mounted) and eventually shut itself off. The culprit was the way Leupold secured the battery contact to the circuit board. It was literally held into place by a piece of clear tape. The recoil caused the battery contact to shift over time and pull the tape away from the circuit board. Anyway the repair came back with the similar tape set up for the circuit board and battery contact. I hope the tape has better adhesive this time or eventually it'll happen again.   

• 2 weeks later...

Been using DP Pro since they first came out; Open pistols (3), 3G rifle (2), etc. Have several units (8 or 9) and what I've discovered, if you just leave the button alone, don't adjusted it, don't turn it off or on, just put a battery in it, run it and let sleep when not used, they all run perfect with zero issues. Plus the battery life has been great even when left on at high, 6 months plus or more on most units and even longer on my house guns. Let the dot sleep when not used.