Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delta Point Pro

Awhitjr

34 minutes ago, Gunjack said:

Been using DP Pro since they first came out; Open pistols (3), 3G rifle (2), etc. Have several units (8 or 9) and what I've discovered, if you just leave the button alone, don't adjusted it, don't turn it off or on, just put a battery in it, run it and let sleep when not used, they all run perfect with zero issues. Plus the battery life has been great even when left on at high, 6 months plus or more on most units and even longer on my house guns. Let the dot sleep when not used.

Is the sleep option new?

I've had green circuit boards prior, inner sticker went bad, and got blue board when leupold sent dots back to me. Noticed with blue boards, dot slept during match and had to physically hit the dot to wake up, drawing the gun wouldn't wake it back up.

Green boards never slept.

53 minutes ago, DodgeNerd said:

Is the sleep option new?

I've had green circuit boards prior, inner sticker went bad, and got blue board when leupold sent dots back to me. Noticed with blue boards, dot slept during match and had to physically hit the dot to wake up, drawing the gun wouldn't wake it back up.

Green boards never slept.

Leupold’s web site explains your concern; not sure about colored boards ? but all mine, new and old deactivate when not in motion and I personally have never had an activation issue.

Leupold’s current specs on MST for the DP Pro:

Motion Sensor Technology (MST)
Automatically deactivates illumination after 5 minutes of inactivity, yet reactivates instantly as soon as any movement is detected.