Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 CZ thin Aluminum vs Lok Bogies

Steve-O

I have some thin aluminum ones that came on my SP01 shadow target that are pretty damn grippy. I threw some palm swells on them though because I have huge hangs, but if I wanted thin grippy grips I would have stuck with the ones that came on it. 

I don’t like the aluminum CZ grips. They are OK if your hands never sweat but the least amount of sweat and the grip slips. LOK grips will maintain excellent traction even in a pouring rain, in the most humid environment you could imagine. There’s actually no fair comparison between the two grips.

On 2/3/2020 at 7:28 AM, Steve-O said:

Iam going to order some thin grips for my SP01 and can’t decide between the CZ thin aluminum vs the Lok Bogies? Which one is thinner? Does the Aluminum grips have enough grip/aggressive? Thanks 

I just bought a used SP01 from my LGS today.

Soooo...this thread is relevant to my interests.

I had to do a bing image search on the LOK grips.

Do I have it right... those LOK grips are like VZ/Simmonich grips made from G10?

I have a plain ol' CZ75 that has the thin aluminum grips.  They are very grippy, ( almost cheese grater like) but the gun would feel even better if I put skateboard tape on the front strap and the back strap.

I just got a used SP-01 that came with 2 sets. I didn’t like the CZ thin aluminum as much as the stock grips.  Thinking about trading for LOK Palm Swell Bogies? Any experiences with those grips?

Edited by Lee64

11 hours ago, Lee64 said:

I just got a used SP-01 that came with 2 sets. I didn’t like the CZ thin aluminum as much as the stock grips.  Thinking about trading for LOK Palm Swell Bogies? Any experiences with those grips?

the LOK Palm Swell Bogies work well for people with larger hands........LOK thin Bogies (non palm swell) work well for those with not so large hands

In an area that gets really hot during summer or your hands sweats a lot, Lok or the cz custom checkered aluminum grips I recommend. They helps keeping your grip on the gun. 

Left is Lok and right is cz custom Checkered both are thin grips

Edited by Joeyxbat
Add picture

3 hours ago, BHogan said:

I really like the looks of the aluminum but worry about how grippy they are too.  Guys that have run them and left them for Loks, are they actually slippery, or just not as hand-velroey as the bogies? 

I went for the CZUB Aluminum grips first because they look so good. They don't really offer any traction plus there's a lot of 'airspace' in my palm because the grips are too thin. 

Stock grips actually have more traction CZUB Al grips.

On 2/3/2020 at 3:52 PM, race1911 said:

...get the LOK Bogies thin....they are basically the same thickness as the CZ thin aluminum but are much more aggressive

Well now I have to get them! My TSO grips are a little to slick especially when i compare to my silicone carbide x5