Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New straight CZC trigger?

Hooked

8 hours ago, lfine said:

And it’s one piece of stainless steel, correct?

The CZC Flat DA/SA trigger is made of aluminum if that is what you are asking. Edit: I am wrong, it is made of steel.

Edited by Tok36

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Tok36 said:

The CZC Flat DA/SA trigger is made of aluminum if that is what you are asking.

It’s not aluminum FYI, it’s stainless steel, I verified by sticking a magnet to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Due to the increased popularity of reprofiling them triggers, thought I'd make a holder to cut down setup time. Much better hold now than using machinist clamps and repeatable angle every time.

96016433_674367743136052_5575221717506195456_n.thumb.jpg.bf9b4e9db723988b416cd5636247d9c0.jpg

Edited by twong11219
inserted image

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, twong11219 said:

Experimented with a new pattern lately. Starting to get more traction, figuratively and literally. 😂

flat-trigger-mod.thumb.jpg.cbfe67eac64090528c2d95143f7d2810.jpg

What do you think will be the advantage of a straight surface versus the original shape?

nice work.👍

96016433_674367743136052_5575221717506195456_n.thumb.jpg.bf9b4e9db723988b416cd5636247d9c0.jpg

@yigal: it's really a matter of personal preference. From a design perspective, the original flat trigger extended the reach from the curved trigger quite a bit. So for ppl with big hands, this will be a welcoming addition. For many others, switching from curved to flat, the added reach makes DA pull more challenging, especially for small hands. So for people that still want a flat trigger face, this is the compromise. Also, reprofiling the trigger face provides a SA angle similar to a SAO trigger angle. More perpendicular to the barrel, than negative angle. 

Now the added texture on the front was to try and aid in facilitating more grip pulling the trigger in DA. I think the grip is just enough to give that extra bite, hopefully w/o disrupting your aim. SA is a non-issue because, by that time, the reach is shortened and pull weight has dropped.

Based on what my squad mates have commented, the modification has been extremely well accepted. The switch from curve to flat is not as jarring and fits better to what they were initially use to, except now flat faced.

[mention=67679]yigal[/mention]: it's really a matter of personal preference. From a design perspective, the original flat trigger extended the reach from the curved trigger quite a bit. So for ppl with big hands, this will be a welcoming addition. For many others, switching from curved to flat, the added reach makes DA pull more challenging, especially for small hands. So for people that still want a flat trigger face, this is the compromise. Also, reprofiling the trigger face provides a SA angle similar to a SAO trigger angle. More perpendicular to the barrel, than negative angle. 

Now the added texture on the front was to try and aid in facilitating more grip pulling the trigger in DA. I think the grip is just enough to give that extra bite, hopefully w/o disrupting your aim. SA is a non-issue because, by that time, the reach is shortened and pull weight has dropped.

Based on what my squad mates have commented, the modification has been extremely well accepted. The switch from curve to flat is not as jarring and fits better to what they were initially use to, except now flat faced.
Tim.

I haven't tried the profiled flat trigger but what you say makes sense. I tried the flat trigger and loved it for SA. However, in DA it puts the trigger a little too far out for my medium sized hands. It basically eliminates the gain you get from the Reach Reduction Kit which is why I switched back. I shoot USPSA Production so DA is important. Your new profile for the flat trigger looks like it bridges this gap and is the best of both worlds.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

On 6/12/2020 at 11:20 AM, twong11219 said:

Experimented with a new pattern lately. Starting to get more traction, figuratively and literally. 😂

flat-trigger-mod.thumb.jpg.cbfe67eac64090528c2d95143f7d2810.jpg

Wow, that's how these triggers should be coming from CZC! Kinda tempted to get one for my S2 now...

I really like the one that is third from the left, the 🐉 scales.  I'm in for purchase if you are going to offer them!  I have 2 flatties I purchased and not put in the guns.

Tim.

I haven't tried the profiled flat trigger but what you say makes sense. I tried the flat trigger and loved it for SA. However, in DA it puts the trigger a little too far out for my medium sized hands. It basically eliminates the gain you get from the Reach Reduction Kit which is why I switched back. I shoot USPSA Production so DA is important. Your new profile for the flat trigger looks like it bridges this gap and is the best of both worlds.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

I also tried the flat trigger and found it a bit too far of a reach in DA. That was causing me to have a lot more side pressure during my trigger pull giving me a lot more side to side wobble in the sight picture. Since getting the trigger cut down (the smooth one on the left in the photo) I can now pull the trigger straight back so that side to side wobble is eliminated, and the trigger pull just feels much more comfortable for my size hands.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a bunch of discos that are out of the packages and I think I have the right disco to install the DA/SA trigger.  Can anyone confirm the top, middle, and bottom measurements of the disco?  From the CZC #10480 pic, I think I have it just not sure.  Hopefully Stuart will chime in.  I wanted to ask here before bothering CZC.

Thanks!

I have one of these beautiful "Dragon Scales" triggers from twong.  I had to wait until the disco arrived and when I ran the calipers, I found I already had the right part here!  Will be installing soon and will report back.  It will go in a nicely tuned CZC SP-01 Shadow.

twong, you rock!!

22 hours ago, twong11219 said:

If you're curious, here's a close-up of some scaled triggers to show the depth of the texturing on the trigger face.

20200629_152056-2.thumb.jpg.b1308810cd099f7cb246c483deaf6ed4.jpg

nice work. looks good. hows the texture???

4 hours ago, eerw said:

nice work. looks good. hows the texture???

Thanks. I think it's got the right amount of sharpness and bite w/o being intrusive. I also noticing I'm starting to leverage it as a reference point because it's wider and flatter than before. I use the pad of my finger so it works great. For the ppl that use the finger joint, this will likely be less comfortable from having the profile squared off. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...