Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New straight CZC trigger?

Hooked

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popped on in my SP-01 Tactial last night and found that it needs some minor fitting of the disco, but Stuart at CZC has been very helpful in explaining what needs to be done. Mine will reset in DA but not in S, so I just need to remove a little bit of material from the CGW disco. 

Popped on in my SP-01 Tactial last night and found that it needs some minor fitting of the disco, but Stuart at CZC has been very helpful in explaining what needs to be done. Mine will reset in DA but not in S, so I just need to remove a little bit of material from the CGW disco. 
Which CGW disco I you running?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, anonymouscuban said:

Which CGW disco I you running?

The one that comes with the Pro-Package Decocker (75210), which I am 99% sure is 1485-T2 Disconnector. 

The area to remove material from is where the red line is, where the disco connects with the trigger bar. If it doesn't reset in DA, then the front face of the "wing" where the blue line is needs to be filed back (which I don't have to do, at least for my SP-01T, we'll see what the P-01 has in store for me).

image.png.65183fc6a6eb5b2ff5381246f4d617ab.png

Turns out, after a very long time trying to fit the disconnector as I was instructed to do, the actual issue was that the sear was not being lifted enough to allow the hammer to drop in SA. The solution was to take a dremel to the back of the trigger where it impacts the frame (which can be done with the trigger in, so no need to take the gun all the way back down). 

I really like the flat trigger. With the curved trigger it felt like my finger was slipping down into the curve, which always made me feel like I was pulling down a little bit, but with the flat trigger I can keep a super high grip and the pull feels like t is come straight through. 

Turns out, after a very long time trying to fit the disconnector as I was instructed to do, the actual issue was that the sear was not being lifted enough to allow the hammer to drop in SA. The solution was to take a dremel to the back of the trigger where it impacts the frame (which can be done with the trigger in, so no need to take the gun all the way back down). 

I really like the flat trigger. With the curved trigger it felt like my finger was slipping down into the curve, which always made me feel like I was pulling down a little bit, but with the flat trigger I can keep a super high grip and the pull feels like t is come straight through. 

Glad to hear you got it squared away.

Yeah. So far I'm liking the flat trigger. Although, I've only done to dry fire sessions so jury is still out.

I seem to get a cleaning pull with it even when hammering the DA on a fast draw. Also, it just feels better no matter where my finger is on the trigger. Doesn't matter if its higher or lower on the trigger face.

I took the bait on the flat trigger and ordered one for my Shadow 2 when it was first announced.  Stuart @ CZC emailed me to make sure I had the right disconnector installed, which I really appreciate since my gun needed the short DA disco.  The trigger and disco dropped in just fine with no fitting needed.  It took some dry firing to get used to how it felt, and a few mags this morning at the range to further get accustomed to the flat trigger.  But all in all I like my initial outing with the flat trigger.  

My initial impression of the extra length to reach the trigger was no concern,  i hardly notice the extra reach and single action feels awesome. Might try to file the trigger face down and do some checkering on a second trigger.   

My initial impression of the extra length to reach the trigger was no concern,  i hardly notice the extra reach and single action feels awesome. Might try to file the trigger face down and do some checkering on a second trigger.   
What type of checkering file would you use to do it?

• 2 weeks later...

So i had a friend mill down and checkered the trigger. Feels really good for me. The set screws were put there just in case too much was taken off, but turn out there was enough meat on the trigger and they were not needed. 

3FCD9ECA-C40F-45BC-A018-FBAE9D12A811.jpeg

E1AB5325-F30E-4CF6-B97D-2C5E263A31D9.jpeg

B82BB044-EC99-46E1-ACEB-4A6DC702D7C6.jpeg

D1FDB90E-99B4-451B-B50A-CA0B0FE453DA.jpeg

6 hours ago, Musky Hunter said:

Is this IPSC production legal?

Should be production legal on the A01LD since CZC manufacturers both the A01LD and the straight trigger.

Now what would be interesting is whether or not it would be production legal on any CZ USA or CZUB guns because the A01LD is sold/marketed through CZ USA, so by extension, would that make any parts used on the A01LD legal on any CZ USA/CZUB guns?

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2020 at 3:23 PM, camui9999 said:

So i had a friend mill down and checkered the trigger. Feels really good for me. The set screws were put there just in case too much was taken off, but turn out there was enough meat on the trigger and they were not needed. 

3FCD9ECA-C40F-45BC-A018-FBAE9D12A811.jpeg

E1AB5325-F30E-4CF6-B97D-2C5E263A31D9.jpeg

B82BB044-EC99-46E1-ACEB-4A6DC702D7C6.jpeg

D1FDB90E-99B4-451B-B50A-CA0B0FE453DA.jpeg

Your friend wouldn’t want to mill another one down would he?

3FCD9ECA-C40F-45BC-A018-FBAE9D12A811.jpeg.7703979a9713b663c227d4e8c15f4d83.jpeg
E1AB5325-F30E-4CF6-B97D-2C5E263A31D9.jpeg.e00f5d85520a03b0221eb6de23baefb6.jpeg
B82BB044-EC99-46E1-ACEB-4A6DC702D7C6.jpeg.b5d52a9b292ce190d787f3e2a8288397.jpeg
D1FDB90E-99B4-451B-B50A-CA0B0FE453DA.jpeg.8512590b725d855f54f931de17b02dd8.jpeg
This has inspired me to mill mine down. Will share my success or utter failure once I do.

I was the one that did the milling on the OP's triggers. It was done more as a favor and experimentation. I'd be glad to take on work, but I feel the monetary value in time may outweigh the cost of the trigger. 

I will share my recipe if you care to take the same journey at your own risk. I use a milling machine to do this. I clamp down the trigger directly to a 123 block using machinist clamps. Reason for the block is I can rotate the part and hold pretty square for checkering. Less setup headaches. Square the trigger to the angle and allow overhang to the amount of material you want to remove. I use a 1/2" end mill to remove the excess stock. The KEY to the checkering is a special 40 lpi 11 line cutter. I bought mine a long time ago, but I believe Evolution Armory sells them now. Cost WILL outweigh the trigger for that specialty cutter. It's slightly under 1/2"D thus why I used the similar end mill to reduce the initial material. The checkering can be done with a checkering file, but the vertical cuts will be hard to do all the way to the pivot (not impossible). The tap I use is a M3x0.5 only because that's the set screws we had available. A 4x40 tap and set screw may work just as well but finer is better. 

<edit: removed sentence b/c advertising> 

I just did a test fit of the trigger... But in a gun with no short reset disco...

Worked fine in SA but wont reset in DA. Pad on the front of the trigger hits the frame..

I have a gun with a CGW short/zero reset disco in it.. Im going to assume I need to test it in that one instead..

But my question is, why does CZC say that you need a short reset disco? Is it for the reason above or something else?

It looks like the CGW disco will work, guys said they have the reach reduction kits.. but that just looks like a trigger and disco.. in which case I just need a short reset disco? .. which I have? Is that right?

Sorry for rambling, its just that CZC is out of stock so Id like to know if the T5 CGW disco will work instead.

Short DA/reach disconnector is recommended by czc. If you have a short SA reset disconnector, it will need to be fitted, this includes cgw T1-T5 disconnectors, the T6 from the cgw short reach kit is probably the least amount of fitting needed.

The CZC disconnector from their short reach kit will work with no fitting.