Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sight Pusher?

Steve-O

This is what I use. I’ve used it on Sig and Remington 1911’s and an M&P. Ordered it from Amazon. 
4A528D13-923E-4DE9-AC0C-E7F2F73D5124.thumb.jpeg.d5ed58e487dea2eb77998e3d522001e7.jpeg

I use one of these as well. I like it so far for but have only used it a handful of times. Knocked out my Glock 34 sights no problem. Feels well constructed enough for the couple of times I’ll use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, looking4reloadingdeals said:

I use one of these as well. I like it so far for but have only used it a handful of times. Knocked out my Glock 34 sights no problem. Feels well constructed enough for the couple of times I’ll use it.

Glock sights are plastic and come out pretty easy. I have seen very high quality pushers get bent trying to push new sights in that were not worked down to a proper size.

Glock sights are plastic and come out pretty easy. I have seen very high quality pushers get bent trying to push new sights in that were not worked down to a proper size.

These were trijicon metal suppressor height night sights that were already mounted but got knocked out of place so I had to put them back, but I know what you’re saying.

On 1/28/2020 at 5:22 PM, sam_b said:

I bought this one below. It has done a bunch of glocks and a few 1911/2011s and I think a buddy used it on his CZ. Its decent for the price and I haven't had any issues yet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DMZDD6V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have used this on my CZs and an FNX without issue. The only downside is that it is big and clunky and difficult to use at the range since it is designed to be mounted to a table. It is very versitile though and offers plenty of adjustment to accommodate just about any slide. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 8:22 PM, sam_b said:

I bought this one below. It has done a bunch of glocks and a few 1911/2011s and I think a buddy used it on his CZ. Its decent for the price and I haven't had any issues yet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DMZDD6V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've used this one on my CZs (at home) also.  But I agree with another post, that this wouldn't be ideal to use at the range.  For ~$50, I'm very happy with this unit.

The one for $40 looks pretty good.... unless your slide is angled or stepped in any way..... I went with Fisher Sight Solutions pusher .... it is Very similar  I chose their  deluxe set with a boat load of angled aluminum blocks for diff slide profiles.... so far I’ve used it on HK USP, SIG p225 and SIG 10mm 1911.  It’s rock solid and non maring 

H

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

I use a block of delrin.  It's plenty strong to do the job, and doesn't mark the sights.

You are still swinging a hammer at a expensive piece.... vise blocks can slip, anyone can miss hit that nylon punch.....slide ends up on floor...... to each their own, it’s All good!

i don’t swing a hammer at a truck steering knuckle Either.... I use the appropriate size ball joint/Pittman arm separator.... 

Different Strokes Different Folks

H

1 hour ago, HHjr said:

You are still swinging a hammer at a expensive piece.... vise blocks can slip, anyone can miss hit that nylon punch.....slide ends up on floor...... to each their own, it’s All good!

i don’t swing a hammer at a truck steering knuckle Either.... I use the appropriate size ball joint/Pittman arm separator.... 

Different Strokes Different Folks

H

Yep.  Guess it depends on your skill and competence level.  I know plenty of folks who shouldn't be allowed to use files, hammers or most other tools.

Having shot SS for many years, I am a firm believer in sight pushers.  Makes it sooo much easier to zero.

I have one I think I got from Midway, but it wasnt cheap.  Buy once cry once.  A good one will last you a lifetime.