Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SRO on a Open Gun

funflyr

RMR mount will work.  It also has the same footprint of the RMR so you won't have to worry about issues like the Sig's using the RTS2 mounting pattern but not fitting lots of old generation mounts due to them not having the same foot print. 

1 hour ago, Joker1-1 said:

What do you guys say on the SRO? Get it.. Or stick with the rts2

I started with the RTS2 6 MOA.  I had three of them.  I could barely make it through a match before the dot dimmed.  Switched to the DPP 2.5.  Loved its brightness, battery life and ergonomics.  The dot was dazzling and bloomed at high brightness settings.  It was distracting to me, because I felt I was paying more attention to the dot than the target.  I switched one to an SRO 5 MOA.  I immediately loved it and ordered two more.

With the SRO the dot stays round even at max brightness and it is a duller shade of red.  I find I'm looking at the target and see the dot superimposed on it.  I like it that way.  The SRO auto setting is perfect for any USPSA COF that does not not include white steel.  If it does, go to manual and up the brightness.  For SCSA I always run it brighter on manual.  Also, the rounder glass seems to help with centering round SCSA plates.

I have about 10 matches on my open gun with SRO. It’s my first and only dot but have no complaints so far. Easy to adjust and the dot is easy to see in the bright AZ sun. Nice round window. I like it

SRO on my open gun has been fine after using it regularly since the 5moa came out. My only gripe is that if you have popple holes it can be annoying to clean bc the optics curved and you need some thin qtips to stick in there with a lens cloth to get the inner edges. 

2 hours ago, Posvar said:

Guys in the CO threads complain about a “ghost dot” in bright sunlight, etc. Has anyone seen this on a frame mounted open gun?

A lot of people have seen it. The mounting mechanism doesn't have much to do with it. It's due to the sun reflecting off the emitter. The SRO isn't the only optic that does this.

5 hours ago, Texas45 said:

Has anyone found a mount for the SRO.  The only only I can find is the Everglades.

Thanks

Cheely RMR mount. Atlas SRO mount. I think Limcat is coming out with a SRO mount too.

I have the Akai mount and really like it. I needed a spacer and a little bit of material removed from it because my slide didn't have enough clearance. The height over bore is really low. It's very cool1e1af78c911ae5b2e5519b0deda27082.jpg0ee0ea8834f88747ebec22af001b417f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, sc68cal said:

I have the Akai mount and really like it. I needed a spacer and a little bit of material removed from it because my slide didn't have enough clearance. The height over bore is really low. It's very cool1e1af78c911ae5b2e5519b0deda27082.jpg0ee0ea8834f88747ebec22af001b417f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Love that square trigger guard!