Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Only want to shoot CZ

Stafford

Back in 2011, the CZ SP-01 Shadow was my first gun purchase, after reading a few reviews about it and getting a really good deal on one. Only this year am I finally replacing it with something else for competition shooting but it'll probably forever remain in my cabinet.

I’ve ended up selling most of my plastic guns for all steel guns.  They just tend to be more fun to shoot on the range and in my eyes they’re more attractive.  There’s nothing like seeing a lineup of a CZ, Jericho and Tangfolio.

With that said, I still have a few plastic firearms that serve very practical purposes that my all steel guns cannot.

No desire to buy more now but I do have an APX that feels great in the hand I may try in some indoor winter matches where its close and fast.   Whatever works for you and you enjoy.  i was planning on a TSO, but now I'm waiting for the DWX to show up for a try first.

Living in California really limits the guns available to us unless we buy through private party at an extreme premium price. Usually double the street price. Luckily there are a few CZs on the "roster" so that's what I shoot. I would love to try a Tanfo or even the Q5 Match SF but seeing as they're all off roster, I have no interest in shooting anything else but my CZs.

My go to and competition pistol is the SP-01 fully tuned and cajunized. I have two. They shoot as well of any Shadow 2 I've shot .

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, anonymouscuban said:

Living in California really limits the guns available to us unless we buy through private party at an extreme premium price. Usually double the street price. Luckily there are a few CZs on the "roster" so that's what I shoot. I would love to try a Tanfo or even the Q5 Match SF but seeing as they're all off roster, I have no interest in shooting anything else but my CZs.

My go to and competition pistol is the SP-01 fully tuned and cajunized. I have two. They shoot as well of any Shadow 2 I've shot .

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Same situation I’m in, my SP01 serves me very well in Carry Optics, as much as I would like an off roster pistol paying the premium price doesn’t make sense to me. I could buy 2 SP01’s and completely get them decked out for the price of 1 off roster gun fully decked out.

1 hour ago, mveto said:

Same situation I’m in, my SP01 serves me very well in Carry Optics, as much as I would like an off roster pistol paying the premium price doesn’t make sense to me. I could buy 2 SP01’s and completely get them decked out for the price of 1 off roster gun fully decked out.

Gents, I feel your pain.  I left Comifornia last month.  I must say it felt great seeing that “Welcome to Nevada” sign and knowing that I’ll never have to deal with that ridiculousness again.

keep up the good fight gents 

• 2 weeks later...

It is irrelevant of the firearm you shoot. You need one that fits your hand and lines up with your natural point of aim. For me, CZ does that. I have tried many guns over the years, and CZ's have the design that works for me.

I like CZ and when it comes to competition, it has earned my "one and only" status because of the great fit to my hand, two of the best aftermarket support companies (CZC and CGW), and being easily the most reliable gun I've ever owned by a wide margin.  That said, I like shooting everything and definitely couldn't limit myself to only owning CZ.  But for competition...yeah that's what happened to me.

1 hour ago, DavidSeavey said:

My TSO was the first pistol that i really felt fit me just right, and i pretty much find myself just shooting my CM and TSO now, with some glock 21 for heavy metal.  but honestly i'm a slut and i'll enjoy shooting whatever's in front of me...

Ditch the Glock 21 and get a 97B.  It is an awesome .45.  

• 2 weeks later...